Who Do You Want at 3rd Next Season?

Dunt

Who should play 3rd for the Sox next season?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Pick One

• Todd Frazier
    • Brett Lawrie
    • Trevor Plouffe
    • Martin Prado
    • Pedro Alvarez
    • Byung Yung Hwang
    • Other

This is the next thing Hahn and KW are likely to address, so I am curious as to what direction Soxtalk wants to go. If you have them trading for someone, please provide something you believe would be a realistic trade package. If choosing other, please provide who you want to see them go after. Please no Nolan Arenado for Erik Johnson and Chris Beck trades.

Edited by Dunt

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unrealistically who do I want? - Nolan Arenado

Realistically who do I want? - Todd Frazier

Who do I think the Sox will actually acquire? - Brett Lawrie (and I'm okay with that)

I think the Sox will look at Frazier but it sounds like the Reds are okay with keeping him so the Sox would probably have to over pay. I'm not giving up Anderson, Quintana or Fulmer for 2 years of Frazier. If they wanted to work out with some of our secondary trade chips I'm all for it.

Lawrie is obviously the most realistic. It sounds like Beane wants to get rid of him so it shouldn't take a whole lot. I think the Sox have a good shot at him without having to sell the farm.

Edited by lasttriptotulsa

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Dec 3, 2015 -> 01:59 PM)
Unrealistically who do I want? - Nolan Arenado

Realistically who do I want? - Todd Frazier

Who do I think the Sox will actually acquire? - Brett Lawrie (and I'm okay with that)

I think the Sox will look at Frazier but it sounds like the Reds are okay with keeping him so the Sox would probably have to over pay. I'm not giving up Anderson, Quintana or Fulmer for 2 years of Frazier. If they wanted to work out with some of our secondary trade chips I'm all for it.

Lawrie is obviously the most realistic. It sounds like Beane wants to get rid of him so it shouldn't take a whole lot. I think the Sox have a good shot at him without having to sell the farm.

When is the last time the Sox got better value than Oakland in any deal?

QUOTE (Special K @ Dec 3, 2015 -> 02:07 PM)
Yunel Escobar is also reportedly on the block. Not sure what we could get him for, but Nats do need pitching. Would EJ + low-level prospects do it? He's got a team option next year at $7 million. Not too bad of a contract.

He's good, but I think he's better defensively at SS than 3B. Maybe we could switch him back to SS.

Kyle Seager would solve the third base problem of the White Sox for years to come. He's young, a left handed hitter and a Gold Glove third baseman. He's also tied up for years with his present contract. He's one of the few people i would trade Quintana for.

QUOTE (Dunt @ Dec 3, 2015 -> 02:53 PM)
Interested to hear why so many prefer Lawrie over Prado? Age? SLG? Prado is an elite defender along with being a solid OBP guy. For my money, I think I would prefer him to Lawrie.

My guess is because Prado would only be here for 2016.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Dec 3, 2015 -> 01:55 PM)
My guess is the Sox trade Micah Johnson and Onelki Garcia to Oakland for Brett Lawrie.

I don't think Garcia has any real trade value. I mean he was left off the 40 and is exposed to the Rule 5. Would probably take something more like Micah Johnson (if they are even looking for a 2B), and Chris Beck or the like. I believe Lawrie is arb-eligible this year and next, so he's still relatively inexpensive for 2 years. Micah comes with big defensive and health questions.

QUOTE (Dunt @ Dec 3, 2015 -> 02:53 PM)
Interested to hear why so many prefer Lawrie over Prado? Age? SLG? Prado is an elite defender along with being a solid OBP guy. For my money, I think I would prefer him to Lawrie.

I would take Lawrie over Prado for four reasons

1. Age - Lawrie is 6 years younger

2. Years of control - Lawrie has two years, Prado has one

3. Cost - Lawrie will make less in two years than Prado in his one

4. Potential - We know what Prado can do, Lawrie has still not reached his full potential

Jake Lamb or Brandon Drury. Fill a need now and build for the future. AZ can't play both (maybe not either depending where Tomas ends up), so figure out how to get 1 of them. They need middle IF help so Micah could be a good start to a package...I'm sure it would take more than just him, but shouldn't be a huge haul.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Dec 3, 2015 -> 03:32 PM)
I don't think Garcia has any real trade value. I mean he was left off the 40 and is exposed to the Rule 5. Would probably take something more like Micah Johnson (if they are even looking for a 2B), and Chris Beck or the like. I believe Lawrie is arb-eligible this year and next, so he's still relatively inexpensive for 2 years. Micah comes with big defensive and health questions.

Initially I was going to say Micah/Beck but wasn't sure with both of them having injuries this past season. Oakland looks like they have an opening at 2B so I figured Johnson and a pitcher. Looks like they might have an opening in the OF too but I think it's CF so I doubt they have interest in Avi.