Winter Meetings: Predictions

Boopa1219

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Dec 4, 2015 -> 07:47 AM)
Didn't put Micah in because he's always got some nagging injury and has concerns with defense.

Yes but As traded for one of those ? Defenders last year and still like him.

And with 2 straight seasons of a dismal.300 OBP, there are concerns about Lawries offense.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 4, 2015 -> 08:43 AM)
Which is about the same as Marcus Semien. I think you wouldn't mind if the Sox still had him.

Clever again.

Sure I do. I've never suggested trading for him though. Would I take the 4 we traded over the comp pick? In a heartbeat.

I'd take Lawrie. Just don't want to trade much talent for Lawrie.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Dec 4, 2015 -> 08:52 AM)
Clever again.

Sure I do. I've never suggested trading for him though. Would I take the 4 we traded over the comp pick? In a heartbeat.

I'd take Lawrie. Just don't want to trade much talent for Lawrie.

We got Ynoa too who I think will be a good bullpen piece which will likely cancel out Bassitt (as I think he ultimately ends up there).

I think Hahn's first priority is Eaton, Quentin types. Guys who have had an issue or two but are young and could be had at a reasonable cost but have really nice upside. I don't play fantasy baseball anymore so I don't really have a list of names that might work. Lawrie is obviously a more experienced version, but he seems to fit.

Catching is probably impossible to do that, hence one year make good contracts with a couple of guys.

Robertson is traded to the Astros for Colin Moran, Michael Feliz, and Riley Ferrel

Q is traded to the Nats for Trea Turner, Reynaldo Lopez, Pedro Severino, Jefry Rodriguez and Anderson Franco

LaRoche and Chris Beck to the Rockies for a low level spect

Sox sign Neftali Feliz, Will Middlebrooks, and draft Balbino Fuenmayor in the rule V draft.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 4, 2015 -> 09:28 AM)
I think Hahn's first priority is Eaton, Quentin types. Guys who have had an issue or two but are young and could be had at a reasonable cost but have really nice upside. I don't play fantasy baseball anymore so I don't really have a list of names that might work. Lawrie is obviously a more experienced version, but he seems to fit.

Catching is probably impossible to do that, hence one year make good contracts with a couple of guys.

Lawrie biggest issue is that he is not well liked in the clubhouse, at least that is the reports in the media in Oakland and Toronto, and part of the reason the Brewers were willing to ship him out. Team chemistry is such a fragile and important thing that I don't think Lawrie is worth a gamble.

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ Dec 4, 2015 -> 10:18 AM)
Robertson is traded to the Astros for Colin Moran, Michael Feliz, and Riley Ferrel

Q is traded to the Nats for Trea Turner, Reynaldo Lopez, Pedro Severino, Jefry Rodriguez and Anderson Franco

LaRoche and Chris Beck to the Rockies for a low level spect

Sox sign Neftali Feliz, Will Middlebrooks, and draft Balbino Fuenmayor in the rule V draft.

I'd freak out about that Q trade.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Dec 4, 2015 -> 10:40 AM)
I admittedly don't know much about the guys he mentioned besides Trea Turner. But Trea Turner would look damn good at SS for the Sox for the next 6 years.

Just go to mlb.com and look at the Nats top 30 list, they're all on there. Not impressive.

I would be surprised if the Sox pulled off a major trade, that being one involving Quintana.

I could see a Lawrie trade and maybe a couple smaller signings/trades.

The signing of two veteran catchers for one year deals makes me believe the Sox want to go for it and compete. At the same time, though, I'd be surprised if any of the young talent goes anywhere.

Long story short, I have no idea. I'm looking forward to next week, though.