Winter Meetings: Predictions

Boopa1219

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Dec 8, 2015 -> 09:02 AM)
This could be out of the box, but what if the Sox signed Chris Davis to play third base?

That would be interesting to say the least.

I would rather sign or trade for a guy that has a lot of experience playing his own position

QUOTE (reiks12 @ Dec 8, 2015 -> 03:09 PM)
Rick Hahn on MLB Network

Talked about "untouchables", Chris Sale, Jose Abreu, and Jose Quintana

Interesting note, while Hahn was talking about the untouchables he said "Carlos, err... Jose Quintana".

Rodon is not an untouchable? Or maybe he has Cargo on the mind?

even cl - Robertson wasn't on that list.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Dec 8, 2015 -> 05:01 PM)
Like DA said, Carlos Quintana is in people's head. My dad and few people are always calling him Carlos around me. The Sox aren't trading Rodon. He hasn't reached anywhere near his max value yet.

LOL, did you finish the test first in class growing up? Gotta get those A's.

What are you talking about? You want the Sox to stand pat? I don't. I want them to improve.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Dec 8, 2015 -> 11:07 PM)
What are you talking about? You want the Sox to stand pat? I don't. I want them to improve.

one way or the other, the 2016-17 FA's doesn't look all the great for good power hitter who can play decent defense. no decent 2b, ss, or 3b.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Dec 8, 2015 -> 05:10 PM)
Yes Kenny we know your position. Burn it down for a chance to win this year.

Show me where I said that? Improving this team doesn't mean we're burning it down to go all in lol. I'm tired of watching a mediocre to crap product every year.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Dec 8, 2015 -> 04:17 PM)
Show me where I said that? Improving this team doesn't mean we're burning it down to go all in lol. I'm tired of watching a mediocre to crap product every year.

I personally like how he almost acts like Rick Hahn doesnt exist or is being held against his will by Kenny.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Dec 8, 2015 -> 11:17 PM)

then it is up to the owners to get it done. b/c they are the one that cause this problem.

QUOTE (reiks12 @ Dec 8, 2015 -> 09:09 AM)
Rick Hahn on MLB Network

Talked about "untouchables", Chris Sale, Jose Abreu, and Jose Quintana

Interesting note, while Hahn was talking about the untouchables he said "Carlos, err... Jose Quintana".

Rodon is not an untouchable? Or maybe he has Cargo on the mind?

I don't read anything into this. First off, he may have just given 3 names off the top of his head. Secondly, as good as Quintana has been, he should never be on an untouchable list. That's silly.

i wanted to start another thread some some bozo came on the thread and complained. so if the boss of this site wants individual threads, then tell the admin / mod who poses as another poster to stop the harassment b/s.

now, back to baseball.

i have been thinking, if the sox were looking at getting a bat in the fa market, the only i really like for the cost would be heyward. now that will be an expensive one. not only in yrs, cost and loosing a draft pick

maybe a trade for a young bat, but which team would give up a young bat ..,..

so i think a trade route for a heavy laden contract that the team wants to get away from. one of those was mention on monday on the mlb rumor page.

it is the Padres, and the player is kemp. for more yrs at i think 33 his contract is up. 22 mil + yr but the dodgers pays 3.5 mil per for those yrs. Kemp is still a good hitter, and when he can't defend, a move for a yr to the dh, and if necessary they will throw in a player. now they have come back from that player, sp - Ross. but how bout Austin Allen - cat who is at least 3-4 yrs away.

now the price is not or should not be that expensive, b/c they want to rid themselves of that contract.

QUOTE (spiderman @ Dec 8, 2015 -> 05:39 PM)
I don't read anything into this. First off, he may have just given 3 names off the top of his head. Secondly, as good as Quintana has been, he should never be on an untouchable list. That's silly.

He was probably thinking of TCQ, just a brain fart, nothing to read into.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Dec 10, 2015 -> 03:17 PM)
I want absolutely nothing to do with Matt Kemp...a deal for him has disaster written all over it.

in gambling that is betting on the come hoping for the odds to happen.

for what it worth, do you have any specific situation??? or was it a gut feeling.

QUOTE (LDF @ Dec 10, 2015 -> 05:34 PM)
i will again go out on a limb.....

Kemp to chi. 4 yrs at 19 .... still play very good defense. still hits and still capable of hitting 25+ hrs and will cost a low pitching prospect.

Padres want to do a salary dump.

He was rated as the worst defensive OFer last year.