Todd Frazier Available

GGajewski18

I'd be fine parting with Adams, Montas, Anderson and Fulmer in that order if they traded for Frazier. Definitely wouldn't want to see more than one go.

In a world where the Sox pony up for a Upton/Heyward, ideally something like Montas, Micah, Guerrero and Engel/May could get it done.

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Dec 10, 2015 -> 06:25 AM)
I'd be fine parting with Adams, Montas, Anderson and Fulmer in that order if they traded for Frazier. Definitely wouldn't want to see more than one go.

In a world where the Sox pony up for a Upton/Heyward, ideally something like Montas, Micah, Guerrero and Engel/May could get it done.

i would really hold on to adams, he is the closest thing to a solid #2 like Q the sox have in the minors.

with fulmer, no decision on sp or rp.

I wonder if the Sox change things up and talk to Cinci about Jay Bruce. He wouldn't cost the Sox top prospects, his contract should fit within the sox budget and provides power from the left side. Bruce makes 12.5M in 16 with an option for 13M in '17 with a 1M buyout.

I'd rather find someone else but Bruce wouldn't be the worst option either.

looking at Fraziers stats he looks like another low obp guy who can hit Homers and has a meager batting average

did we not try this recipe already

or are people saying our offense is nearly complete and he would somehow be the final piece to the puzzle

dunno if I agree. oh and another NL guy. how could this possibly go wrong?

QUOTE (Real @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 10:11 PM)
looking at Fraziers stats he looks like another low obp guy who can hit Homers and has a meager batting average

did we not try this recipe already

or are people saying our offense is nearly complete and he would somehow be the final piece to the puzzle

dunno if I agree. oh and another NL guy. how could this possibly go wrong?

Frazier is at worst a good power bat and a strong defender at a weak position... Plus, getting him allows us to move Lawrie to 2nd where his bat profiles better

We had horrible infield production last year and adding Lawrie and Frazier could be adding 45-50 homers to positions we were probably going to get 15-20 from

Edited by Knackattack

QUOTE (Knackattack @ Dec 10, 2015 -> 12:32 AM)
Frazier is at worst a good power bat and a strong defender at a weak position... Plus, getting him allows us to move Lawrie to 2nd where his bat profiles better

We had horrible infield production last year and adding Lawrie and Frazier could be adding 45-50 homers to positions we were probably going to get 15-20 from

For real. If we magically added Frazier, the defense doesn't suffer and we add a whole lot of power to a power starved lineup.

QUOTE (toasty @ Dec 10, 2015 -> 12:35 AM)
Acquire another Reds player? Adam Dunn and Adam LaRoche say hello. At least his name isn't Adam, too...

LaRoche never played for the Reds.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Dec 10, 2015 -> 12:48 AM)
I wonder if the Sox change things up and talk to Cinci about Jay Bruce. He wouldn't cost the Sox top prospects, his contract should fit within the sox budget and provides power from the left side. Bruce makes 12.5M in 16 with an option for 13M in '17 with a 1M buyout.

I'd rather find someone else but Bruce wouldn't be the worst option either.

Only slight problem is that Jay Bruce forgot how to hit and isn't good in the field either. He's been a negative player for 2 straight years.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Dec 10, 2015 -> 01:12 AM)
For real. If we magically added Frazier, the defense doesn't suffer and we add a whole lot of power to a power starved lineup.

LaRoche never played for the Reds.

Stop ruining his narrative!

I would wait out Cincinnati. Frazier just doesn't have that big of a market. It's been said that the White Sox and Indians are interested. Who else from the AL would be interested? Maybe Texas, LAA, Tampa Bay? What about the NL? I just don't see a huge market.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Dec 10, 2015 -> 08:40 AM)
I would wait out Cincinnati. Frazier just doesn't have that big of a market. It's been said that the White Sox and Indians are interested. Who else from the AL would be interested? Maybe Texas, LAA, Tampa Bay? What about the NL? I just don't see a huge market.

Texas is talking about extending Beltre and TB has Longoria. LAA is a possibility but they have no prospects.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Dec 10, 2015 -> 08:40 AM)

Texas, LAA, and TB really don't have a fit.

QUOTE (Dunt @ Dec 10, 2015 -> 08:45 AM)
Texas is talking about extending Beltre and TB has Longoria. LAA is a possibility but they have no prospects.

Agreed. LA literally has 0 high potential prospects left.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Dec 10, 2015 -> 03:44 PM)
I could see Cincy getting desperate to move him before the season starts, hence lowering the package that the Sox would have to send to them.

I'd wait it out a little while to hopefully get Cincy to give in on a deal.

they will not budge on their demands.

I think its unlikely Frazier gets traded, unless the diamondbacks go nuts again. I don't like any of the proposed trades for him. We are a great match, except we are 2 years away from when I believe we can comfortably part with some of the higher pieces in our farm.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Dec 10, 2015 -> 05:05 PM)
The Reds are going to budge or the White Sox and Reds won't have a deal. Sox aren't going to trade Anderson or Fulmer for Frazier and they shouldn't.

i agree and with your post, there are several factors in play here.

the bottom line is this. cincy will not budge, so the sox and fans should not be shocked if no deal is made.

cincy will not bow to the sox, but some other org may budge on those demands.

the last thing is, if the pkg gets bigger between the sox and cincy.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 10, 2015 -> 10:37 AM)
Frazier is not worth Anderson or Fulmer. Or Adams IMO.

Two years of a 4-win third baseman at arbitration prices is unquestionably worth Adams, and I think Anderson/Fulmer are reasonable asks as well.

I'm not saying I want the deal to happen, but that's what it costs.

Agree with those unwilling to give up Anderson or Fulmer. Two years of Frazier combined with the second half of the season he had plus the Reds asking price make it very easy to forget all about Frazier.

Would much rather see the Sox use resources on a left handed power bat for the outfield.