Todd Frazier Available

GGajewski18

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Dec 14, 2015 -> 08:24 AM)
I can't help but feel the same way. I don't think I have a good reason, but Frazier just seems like a guy who is really useful because he's good at a ton of things, but he's just BARELY good at them individually, so he just feels like a tiny slip in a skill or two would be make a huge difference.

Agreed 100%. If this team was just a piece away, I would say go for it. Sox still have a few holes to fill to be able to compete. I'd rather have Lawrie just stay at 3B and Sanchez at 2B. Keep improving the defense and focus more on an OF/SS (hopefully get someone with a respectable OBP).

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Frazier is worth Tim Anderson, and probably more.

1) it's two years of control at nice prices

2) he's an offensive star

3) he's very good defensively at third

4) Anderson has not solidified defense and has a K% problem. In so many other systems he would not be the #1 prospect.

Use the #1-of-our-system tag to move TA for more than he's worth

Edited by Jose Paniagua

QUOTE (Jose Paniagua @ Dec 14, 2015 -> 09:20 AM)

4) Anderson has not solidified defense and has a K% problem. In so many other systems he would not be the #1 prospect.

1) Two years of control isn't that much

2) I wouldn't call him a star

3) "Very good defensively" may be stretching it

4) Agreed

I agree with much of what others are saying. No to giving Anderson or Fulmer.

I'd give up Montas and their pick of Micah/Sanchez, if somehow we can trick them to thinking Garcia is good, throw him in, and then throw in another mid level prospect. Then I'm happy. But I'm not crazy enough to think the Reds would jump on that...

Here's my thing though, IF we are serious in getting Frazier, and were going to give up some of our prospects? That means we have Frazier, Eaton, Lawrie, Abreu, Sale, Q, Rodon ALL at very, very good prices. To me at that point you go all in. Get Cespedes (my preferred guy) or Upton to bolster the OF/Defense/Offense.

Pipedream, but then you have Abreu, Lawrie, Saladino, Frazier -- Then starting in RF you go Cespedes, Thompson, Eaton -- Melky at DH, and hope LaRoche isn't so terrible where he can fill in at DH/1B and play 60-80 games where he doesn't kill your bench flexibility.

With our pitching and that lineup? I'm okay with it.

That being said? I'd rather not trade for Frazier - just keep the course. Frazier has batted under .240 a few times .... we all know he'd do that if he was traded here.

Using Tim Anderson now for Todd Frazier means you can't use him later. The system just doesn't have the depth to trade away for 2 years of frazier when it is still so far from competing. Todd Frazier will not put us in the playoffs.

Look at the lineups/rotations of the playoff teams. In two years, if Anderson sucks, we'll be in exactly the same place we are right now.

He's not worth Anderson or Fulmer. He's a .320 lifetime OBP guy with big power. He only has 2 years of control as well. Trading top prospects for guys like that is what gets teams in trouble. He's exactly the type of hitter that would come here and underperform. I'd be down for something that doesn't include Anderson/Fulmer but they'll probably get a better package from someone else.

For as much as KW has been ripped for trading prospects, most of which have sucked, it seems his method is the most preferred here in December and January.

I have seen posts with proposals shipping most of the Sox top 10 prospects out for veterans with 2 years on their contracts and with other concerns.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 14, 2015 -> 08:39 AM)
I really dont believe this to be the case. Micah or Sanchez for sure, but i dont think they are gonna trade 2 prospects for Lawrie and then package him with other prospects for Frazier

Yeah I just don't see why they would do that. I highly doubt the Reds would covet Lawrie. That being said, I'm for this if they still sign an OF. Putting Lawrie at second probably increases his value quite a bit as well.

If I am trading Tim Anderson, I am getting a young cornerstone player back with some real control.

this is what i see, but first let me say, i was all for trading anderson for any improvement, but after yesterday seeing his stats and looking up his history, his stats does not really show the big picture.

his stats alone can be elite, his hitting tools, his running tools are exceptional.... he is if position may have question marks. no wonder cincy is adamant on anderson being mention as a rtn.

so i say this here..... the value of anderson, what is that value of a elite offensive, dynamic player who would be a #1 in the lineup be worth????

not for a 2 yr rental.

QUOTE (Baron @ Dec 14, 2015 -> 04:48 PM)
If we dont give up Anderson the prospect package is probably going to be larger than people want to see go.

or better yet, rethink the game plan of how to make this team competitive and walk away from this.

QUOTE (LDF @ Dec 14, 2015 -> 09:55 AM)
or better yet, rethink the game plan of how to make this team competitive and walk away from this.

The problem is for the amount of offense they need and the price to get it is either going to be using a starting pitcher to get multiple pieces, trade prospects , or spend a bunch of money. The Sox are stuck on a fine line cause the starting pitching is very good and to trade from it will take away from the team. Trading a bunch of prospects witb a thin farm system will set you back. Sox opening up the money purse to get free agents might end up hampering you with a big contract . Unfortunately to fix most of it would be a full rebuild but they don't want to. So the dilemma goes on

The mystery is in that prime zone for Tim Anderson right now. I will have to be told what the thing is that he projects to do at elite level. I do not see it. If you have a whiz fielder then all this is great......but you risk a lot if that does not come into focus for him.

"2 yr rental" minimizes how damn good Frazier is. It has been said here before but Frazier plus an OF signing gets us right where we want to be for win-now. The Sox have to win to get the Reinsdorfs interested in pushing payroll up from year to year. We need to get more people in the seats and win games, especially since the current projections for the Central are not daunting, actually.

Trading Anderson preserves Fulmer and Adams, as well as lower level guys. So - strike now

Edited by Jose Paniagua

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Dec 14, 2015 -> 05:35 PM)
The problem is for the amount of offense they need and the price to get it is either going to be using a starting pitcher to get multiple pieces, trade prospects , or spend a bunch of money. The Sox are stuck on a fine line cause the starting pitching is very good and to trade from it will take away from the team. Trading a bunch of prospects witb a thin farm system will set you back. Sox opening up the money purse to get free agents might end up hampering you with a big contract . Unfortunately to fix most of it would be a full rebuild but they don't want to. So the dilemma goes on

within what you are stating, i agree for the most part. but their is a happy medium and only hahn will need to find it.

we as fans do not have the open communication that is needed to make a better decision or better call.

QUOTE (Jose Paniagua @ Dec 14, 2015 -> 05:49 PM)
The mystery is in that prime zone for Tim Anderson right now. I will have to be told what the thing is that he projects to do at elite level. I do not see it. If you have a whiz fielder then all this is great......but you risk a lot if that does not come into focus for him.

"2 yr rental" minimizes how damn good Frazier is. It has been said here before but Frazier plus an OF signing gets us right where we want to be for win-now. The Sox have to win to get the Reinsdorfs interested in pushing payroll up from year to year. We need to get more people in the seats and win games, especially since the current projections for the Central are not daunting, actually.

Trading Anderson preserves Fulmer and Adams, as well as lower level guys. So - strike now

then the sox will need to fix the product to justify the cost of spending the money.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Dec 14, 2015 -> 08:46 AM)
Agreed 100%. If this team was just a piece away, I would say go for it. Sox still have a few holes to fill to be able to compete. I'd rather have Lawrie just stay at 3B and Sanchez at 2B. Keep improving the defense and focus more on an OF/SS (hopefully get someone with a respectable OBP).

This is how I feel too. Frazier's age, second half collapse and two years of control make it easy for me to want to keep Anderson. Plus, I believe Anderson will continue to progress and become the SS of the future for the Sox when he's ready.