Todd Frazier Available

GGajewski18

QUOTE (Lillian @ Dec 15, 2015 -> 01:42 AM)
If the Sox don't acquire a SS, I'd be more comfortable trying Sanchez in the 2 hole, than Saladino. I like Tyler, but I don't think that he profiles well at that spot in the lineup. That is where Sanchez has regularly hit, and where he has had his best success.

However, he would have to improve significantly, over his Big League performance. last year.

at least you are being honest. i will have to wait until spring training to figure this out.

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Lillian @ Dec 14, 2015 -> 07:42 PM)
If the Sox don't acquire a SS, I'd be more comfortable trying Sanchez in the 2 hole, than Saladino. I like Tyler, but I don't think that he profiles well at that spot in the lineup. That is where Sanchez has regularly hit, and where he has had his best success.

However, he would have to improve significantly, over his Big League performance. last year.

You're way too obsessed with trying to fit guys into a prototypical spot in the lineup. While it's nice to have guys whose games generally fit into a spot in the lineup, it really shouldn't be priority #1. There are plenty of guys that could bat in any spot in the order.

Why can't the Sox realize it's time to acquire Frazier to go with Lawrie? We need Frazier and re-sign Lexi for 5 mill a year for 2 years. Or one year and an option. And by all means open the wallet and sign an outfielder. The Cubs just signed Zobrist, Lackey and Heyward to go with all those young guys. Sure their pitching might suck, but that's a possible WS contender.

This is competition, baby. There are 2 teams in this city and one is on fire in terms of fan interest and MEDIA drooling.

Sox are not going to get fans to show up to watch the defensive dandies Saladino and Sanchez work their magic at ss and 2B. Barring some unforeseen turnaround, the Sox will blow. But you add Frazier and a name outfielder ... kaching at the cash register. Sox fans will sign up cause we got electric pitchers in Sale, Q and potentially some others!

What is Hahn waiting for?? Yes it's $$$ to spend, but do they have an option? It's either spend $$$ or look at 15,000 to 25,000 fans a game all season cept when Cubs and Yanquis come to town.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Dec 14, 2015 -> 10:05 PM)
Why can't the Sox realize it's time to acquire Frazier to go with Lawrie? We need Frazier and re-sign Lexi for 5 mill a year for 2 years. Or one year and an option. And by all means open the wallet and sign an outfielder. The Cubs just signed Zobrist, Lackey and Heyward to go with all those young guys. Sure their pitching might suck, but that's a possible WS contender.

This is competition, baby. There are 2 teams in this city and one is on fire in terms of fan interest and MEDIA drooling.

Sox are not going to get fans to show up to watch the defensive dandies Saladino and Sanchez work their magic at ss and 2B. Barring some unforeseen turnaround, the Sox will blow. But you add Frazier and a name outfielder ... kaching at the cash register. Sox fans will sign up cause we got electric pitchers in Sale, Q and potentially some others!

What is Hahn waiting for?? Yes it's $$$ to spend, but do they have an option? It's either spend $$$ or look at 15,000 to 25,000 fans a game all season cept when Cubs and Yanquis come to town.

It isn't money to spend, Greg. They have to trade for him, and if what they are offering is not sufficient for the Reds, then the trade does not happen

QUOTE (greg775 @ Dec 15, 2015 -> 04:05 AM)

Danks is good and Cubs pitching sucks....umm

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 14, 2015 -> 10:13 PM)
It isn't money to spend, Greg. They have to trade for him, and if what they are offering is not sufficient for the Reds, then the trade does not happen

Plus the Sox aren't the only team that's interested which helps to drive the cost in prospects up. Obviously someone didn't see that the Reds asked for Rodon. ;)

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 15, 2015 -> 05:13 AM)

We've got some good prospects. This is one trade where we might have to part with a good one.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Dec 15, 2015 -> 05:18 AM)
Plus the Sox aren't the only team that's interested which helps to drive the cost in prospects up. Obviously someone didn't see that the Reds asked for Rodon. ;)

I don't really want to give up Rodon, but our organization finally has a handful of stud prospects. We might have to give up two good ones. If the Sox are waiting for all the prospects to become major-league ready, fine. But we've been led to believe this is not a rebuilding thing, but trying to win it. To win it ... I think my suggestion should actually make us a contender.

Infield: Frazier, Lexi, Lawrie, Abreu.

Outfield: Melky (ugh), Trayce, Eaton (Avi as fourth outfielder unless we can dump him) Hopefully sign a name outfielder.

Catcher: The two stiffs. Don't like that position.

DH: LaLob. Don't like him, but maybe Robin can at least reduce his at bats and have him be buzzkill only four days a week for the 12 mill?

Pitcher: Ding. Ding. We have a winner! Great staff.

You can't deny my 3 simple moves (Frazier in trade; resign Lexi; sign new outfielder) make the team contenders. The way the team is now?? Last place.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Dec 14, 2015 -> 11:35 PM)
We've got some good prospects. This is one trade where we might have to part with a good one.

I don't really want to give up Rodon, but our organization finally has a handful of stud prospects. We might have to give up two good ones. If the Sox are waiting for all the prospects to become major-league ready, fine. But we've been led to believe this is not a rebuilding thing, but trying to win it. To win it ... I think my suggestion should actually make us a contender.

Outfield: Melky (ugh), Trayce, Eaton (Avi as fourth outfielder unless we can dump him) Hopefully sign a name outfielder.

DH: LaLob. Don't like him, but maybe Robin can at least reduce his at bats and have him be buzzkill only four days a week for the 12 mill?

You can't deny my 3 simple moves (Frazier in trade; resign Lexi; sign new outfielder) make the team contenders. The way the team is now?? Last place.

Said "Great staff" becomes Sale-Q-Danks-EJ-? If you're really advocating trading Rodon for Frazier.

QUOTE (Lillian @ Dec 14, 2015 -> 05:42 PM)

Sanchez isn't a major league hitter and should be nowhere near the 2 hole. That is a recipe for a ton of GIDP

And if we are trading Rodon, it's for Kris Bryant or some one of that ilk.

Edited by Knackattack

QUOTE (greg775 @ Dec 14, 2015 -> 10:35 PM)

I can and do deny. Remove Rodon and who takes his place? After Sale and Q, the rotation is very unstable with Danks as #3 and EJ #4 and ? #5. You've taken a potential strength and made it a weakness.

You really would give up 6 more years of a 22 year old future stud in Rodon for 2 years of a 3B whom is almost 30 that s*** the bed in the second half of '15? Come on!

If you are relying on a regressing Alexei at SS to make the team a winner then why did the Sox let him go? I'm sure they could have re-signed him by now if they wanted him around so why is it they don't want him any more? Because Alexei is regressing and will continue to do so because it comes with age.

Removing Rodon, adding Frazier and keeping Alexei around is not the path to contention. Mediocrity is more like it.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Dec 14, 2015 -> 11:16 PM)
I still don't get this:

2 year rent

NL Slugger

High K, low OBP

Dreadful 2nd half

Splits heavily tilted to home park.

Do we forget so quickly?

I'm staring to feel this way about Frazier as well. Another 30+ career National League guy who hits HRs and Ks a lot, we've been down this road a bunch and it hasn't turned out well. I'm just advocating another IF acquisition because an infield of Lawrie, Soldano, Sanchez, and Abreu is not going to do much for us offensively. If we are indeed rebuilding I'm good with it but if the FO is expecting to compete in '16 this will simply not do. Even if we ass one of the talked about OF bats I still think we need an offensive addition in the IF whether it's at 2B, 3B, or SS.

QUOTE (Dam8610 @ Dec 15, 2015 -> 12:18 AM)
There's always the option to sign Murphy (who also plays 2B and 3B) and one of the OFs.

True but I think he requires a draft pick. So if we did Cespedes and Murphy fine but I don't want to give up two picks if we were to sign him and J Up. Not to mention there is no way we throw that much money out there to sign Murphy and J up, Cespedes, or Gordon.

However if we were to trade for someone like CarGo, Puig, Kemp, Either etc. I would love to consider signing Murphy. It's not just about his postseason run that makes him attractive but more of the fact he stroke out only 38 times all of last season. That's the kind of bat we would benefit from in our lineup. Another negative though I'm pretty sure his defensive is sub-par. The stat heads I'm sure are better off assessing that though.

Edited by Frank_Thomas35

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Dec 15, 2015 -> 05:13 AM)
I can and do deny. Remove Rodon and who takes his place? After Sale and Q, the rotation is very unstable with Danks as #3 and EJ #4 and ? #5. You've taken a potential strength and made it a weakness.

You really would give up 6 more years of a 22 year old future stud in Rodon for 2 years of a 3B whom is almost 30 that s*** the bed in the second half of '15? Come on!

If you are relying on a regressing Alexei at SS to make the team a winner then why did the Sox let him go? I'm sure they could have re-signed him by now if they wanted him around so why is it they don't want him any more? Because Alexei is regressing and will continue to do so because it comes with age.

Removing Rodon, adding Frazier and keeping Alexei around is not the path to contention. Mediocrity is more like it.

I give up then if my idea sucks. Cause I see no way we contend with this crummy team we have now. Your post shuts me up. I'm resigned to another s***ty team I guess.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Dec 15, 2015 -> 09:53 AM)
I give up then if my idea sucks. Cause I see no way we contend with this crummy team we have now. Your post shuts me up. I'm resigned to another s***ty team I guess.

greg, i have to go with blacksox 13 here, i am all for trading rodon for a huge pkg of prospects and players, anything short of that, no way. frazier, i wanted him in some of my discussion with other posters at the end of the season, but the ransom that cincy wants is too outrageous to think about.

yes, if the sox do not do something drastic on the trade front, no matter how anyone will paint it, this will be a long season. hoping for a bounce back instead of getting a player who could be of help, if this bounce back stumbles. not address the over talent on the team, and i am not saying sign 1 huge fa and that should satisfy the masses.

Some of us have raised the issue of National League players moving to the American League, with less than stellar results.

Here are Frazier's Inter-league stats from the last two years:

AVG OBP SLG OPS

.220 .264 .390 .655 (2015)

.190 .250 .304 .554 (2014)

Last year, all of his inter-league at bats were against our AL Central Division teams, which are both our primary opponents, and our competition. Although it's a small sample size, it isn't encouraging.

I just looked at Fangraphs' 2016 team projections and they have the Sox at 2nd in the division right now at 32.7 WAR, 5.2 WAR behind the Indians, and that's with a decent amount of regression from Abreu, Eaton, and Quintana. Picking up Upton and Frazier would put them at first in the ALC in projected WAR. However, it looks like once again the projection system undervalues the Royals, as they're dead last in the AL in projected WAR.

http://www.fangraphs.com/depthcharts.aspx?position=Team

Edited by OmarComing25

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Dec 15, 2015 -> 06:34 AM)
I just looked at Fangraphs' 2016 team projections and they have the Sox at 2nd in the division right now at 32.7 WAR, 5.2 WAR behind the Indians, and that's with a decent amount of regression from Abreu, Eaton, and Quintana. Picking up Upton and Frazier would put them at first in the ALC in projected WAR. However, it looks like once again the projection system undervalues the Royals, as they're dead last in the AL in projected WAR.

While these projections may not mean much, I think they do suggest our division is wide open. I personally think going for it makes sense for us, as long as the two prospects important to 2017 (Anderson & Fulmer) aren't required to get us there.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Dec 15, 2015 -> 07:34 AM)

Or their manager. What is his WAR??? Or WAR is just another statistic that is nice to look at but really doesn't translate to wins and losses.

QUOTE (Lillian @ Dec 15, 2015 -> 06:17 AM)
Some of us have raised the issue of National League players moving to the American League, with less than stellar results.

Here are Frazier's Inter-league stats from the last two years:

AVG OBP SLG OPS

.220 .264 .390 .655 (2015)

.190 .250 .304 .554 (2014)

Last year, all of his inter-league at bats were against our AL Central Division teams, which are both our primary opponents, and our competition. Although it's a small sample size, it isn't encouraging.

Ouch.

I had no idea his numbers against the AL were so bad. That kind of makes me wonder if trading for him would be a good idea.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Dec 15, 2015 -> 06:58 AM)
While these projections may not mean much, I think they do suggest our division is wide open. I personally think going for it makes sense for us, as long as the two prospects important to 2017 (Anderson & Fulmer) aren't required to get us there.

I actually think the entire AL is wide open.

KC isn't going to start the season with Dyson and Orlando both starting in the outfield and they're unlikely to get 0.2 out of 2b as they'll bench Infante for Colon/Mondesi or make a trade in June/July like they did with Zobrist and Cueto.

Duffy and Young combining for 1.1 over two rotation spots is improbable as well. They will add another veteran pitcher (Gallardo?) and just picked up Gee for insurance.

I guess this combined WAR stat right now is their best marketing tool for selling season tckets, but few Sox fans are going to be convinced until they start consistently beating AL Central teams in April and May.

QUOTE (SCCWS @ Dec 15, 2015 -> 07:17 AM)
Or their manager. What is his WAR??? Or WAR is just another statistic that is nice to look at but really doesn't translate to wins and losses.

You could make a legitimate argument Rusty Kuntz (ironically a former Sox player not coaching for us) is the most valuable coach on that staff...and makes an equal impact to Yost.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Dec 15, 2015 -> 07:30 AM)
KC isn't going to start the season with Dyson and Orlando both starting in the outfield and they're unlikely to get 0.2 out of 2b as they'll bench Infante for Colon/Mondesi or make a trade in June/July like they did with Zobrist and Cueto.

Duffy and Young combining for 1.1 over two rotation spots is improbable as well. They will add another veteran pitcher (Gallardo?) and just picked up Gee for insurance.

I guess this combined WAR stat right now is their best marketing tool for selling season tckets, but few Sox fans are going to be convinced until they start consistently beating AL Central teams in April and May.

I can guarantee you not a single fan will be buying season tickets because of projected team combined WAR.