Todd Frazier Available

GGajewski18

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Dec 15, 2015 -> 09:29 AM)
Actually I didn't. I said they both strike out a lot.

The difference, of course, is that you guys want to ravage the farm system and throw the same horrid outfield defense out there.

Frazier's best OBP was .336. Last year it was .309, to accompany his .669 second half OPS. And yet you guys want to trade serious assets for that. How many times do we have to load up with low OBP ballplayers?

Sure Chris Carter is high K low OBP. His 25 homers are also FREE. They won't hurt the club long term. Adding Frazier would maul it.

Who's the last hitter that improved with the Sox. I'll tell - Eaton and Quentin. Common denominator? YOUNG and we traded equal value for YOUNG players. That's actually worked. So what do the Sox do when an approach works? Dump it in the trashcan and go after "proven veterans" again, an approach that has consistently failed.

What exactly would Frazier add?

A good bat? Maybe. Could be a mediocre bat if we follow what has happened in the past with these NL sluggers.

Defense? Nope. We fixed that with Lawrie. Yes, he's average at best overall but it's stable. (and yes, some want to move him to 2nd to squeeze out the promising Sanchez at 2nd for a proven mediocre player).

Does OF defense improve? Nope. Package will likely include Trayce and we're back to the same clowning we had last year.

Heck if we do nothing, we're much better defensively than we were last year and if we use the players correctly, we'd have a plus defensive team. That was a big weakness last year.

But you can't watch defense on home run derby.

Give me a break

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Dec 14, 2015 -> 04:44 PM)
Pick up Chris Carter for nothing. He'll hit 25ish. Let him DH

Sure he'll K a lot, but so will the elite, the greatest, Todd Frazier. Meawhile, we can get another year of development from Sanchez, Thompson and whoever our SS is.

I'm not interested in any of these guys who will require our 2nd tier prospects either.

You can add Todd Frazier or whomever, and this is a 80-84 win team on paper....less if the OF defense stays the same as it is.

Refsnyder can't play defense. find someone who comes real cheap like Lawrie or Carter.

You put them on the same level. Saying "they both strike out a lot" when one strikes out between 150-200 times a season and the other strikes out LESS THAN THE LEAGUE AVERAGE is a misleading statement at best, and a lie at the worst

But please, tell me more about your hero Chris Carter

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Dec 15, 2015 -> 10:29 AM)
Actually I didn't. I said they both strike out a lot.

The difference, of course, is that you guys want to ravage the farm system and throw the same horrid outfield defense out there.

Frazier's best OBP was .336. Last year it was .309, to accompany his .669 second half OPS. And yet you guys want to trade serious assets for that. How many times do we have to load up with low OBP ballplayers?

Sure Chris Carter is high K low OBP. His 25 homers are also FREE. They won't hurt the club long term. Adding Frazier would maul it.

Who's the last hitter that improved with the Sox. I'll tell - Eaton and Quentin. Common denominator? YOUNG and we traded equal value for YOUNG players. That's actually worked. So what do the Sox do when an approach works? Dump it in the trashcan and go after "proven veterans" again, an approach that has consistently failed.

What exactly would Frazier add?

A good bat? Maybe. Could be a mediocre bat if we follow what has happened in the past with these NL sluggers.

Defense? Nope. We fixed that with Lawrie. Yes, he's average at best overall but it's stable. (and yes, some want to move him to 2nd to squeeze out the promising Sanchez at 2nd for a proven mediocre player).

Does OF defense improve? Nope. Package will likely include Trayce and we're back to the same clowning we had last year.

Heck if we do nothing, we're much better defensively than we were last year and if we use the players correctly, we'd have a plus defensive team. That was a big weakness last year.

But you can't watch defense on home run derby.

You're all over the place here, man. This is some really high-level cherry picking.

If Todd Frazier is garbage SOLELY because of his 2015 second-half OPS -- ignoring that he's a career 113 wRC+ hitter who averages north of 3 wins a year INCLUDING his 0.7 fWAR rookie year -- you can't then call Carlos Sanchez a "promising second baseman" in the same post, ignoring that he's a career 60 wRC+ hitter (a CAREER .590 OPS, not random seasons split magic there) who has been below replacement level the entire time he's been in the MLB. Sanchez doesn't even provide more defensive value.

I'm not saying Sanchez will never be decent, but he is NOT the kind of guy you alter plans for.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 15, 2015 -> 03:51 PM)
If the Sox did trade for Frazier and had Saladino play SS, Alexei's buyout + Frazier's 2016 salary + Saladino's salary

ref alexei, i can see how or why the sox would want to sign him. but not at the market rate but lower.

his hit tools are still really good vs his k's. yes his avg was lacking.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Dec 15, 2015 -> 10:04 AM)
As much as I have enjoyed reading about the Royals and circumcisions, the talks with the Reds have completely cooled. The Sox don't fit what he Reds want. I think that's a good thing. For a lesser price, maybe Frazier makes sense, but this isn't going anywhere for now.

Jon Heyman tweeting yesterday was a Reds plant to drum up the market. Nothing to see there.

This news is not surprising considering the supposedly wanted Rodon. If if they moved to what they would consider the middle, it is probably a price the White Sox shouldn't pay.

Sign an OF and trade for someone else. I would much prefer Upton over Cespedes. Way more consistent and younger, although Cespedes is a bit better in the field. But the White Sox need 2 bats IMO.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Dec 15, 2015 -> 04:13 PM)
LOL!x2

ok i am game..... i must really be dumb this morning b/c you are the second one who did the LOL. what am i missing. explain this to me as i am .......... i will let you fill in the rest.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Dec 15, 2015 -> 10:04 AM)
As much as I have enjoyed reading about the Royals and circumcisions, the talks with the Reds have completely cooled. The Sox don't fit what he Reds want. I think that's a good thing. For a lesser price, maybe Frazier makes sense, but this isn't going anywhere for now.

Jon Heyman tweeting yesterday was a Reds plant to drum up the market. Nothing to see there.

If this means the Sox are standing firm on not dealing Anderson/Fulmer/Rodon/Q then this is excellent news. There are better ways to upgrade the offense then dealing a potential cornerstone.

QUOTE (southside hitman @ Dec 15, 2015 -> 10:49 AM)
If this means the Sox are standing firm on not dealing Anderson/Fulmer/Rodon/Q then this is excellent news. There are better ways to upgrade the offense then dealing a potential cornerstone.

There is no way Rodon or Q are being moved for someone that doesn't have 4 or more years of control, and is an impact bat. In reality, Rodon is probably untouchable. The fact that CIN even went there is comical.

But I am glad to see Hahn sticking to his guns on Anderson and Fulmer (more reasonable asks, but still not guys I am moving for a 2 years of Frazier).

Edited by ChiSox59

QUOTE (southside hitman @ Dec 15, 2015 -> 10:49 AM)

They've never been willing to deal those guys. That's been established.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Dec 15, 2015 -> 10:56 AM)
They've never been willing to deal those guys. That's been established.

Hahn is on record multiple times saying NO ONE on the roster is untouchable and is usually answering the question in reference to Sale. I don't believe they would consider trading Q/Rodon for Frazier...but Anderson or Fulmer is another story. Glad to hear they are staying firm and waiting for Frazier's price to drop or looking for other alternatives.

Edited by southside hitman

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Dec 15, 2015 -> 05:56 PM)
There is no way Rodon or Q are being moved for someone that doesn't have 4 or more years of control, and is an impact bat. In reality, Rodon is probably untouchable. The fact that CIN even went there is comical.

But I am glad to see Hahn sticking to his guns on Anderson and Fulmer (more reasonable asks, but still not guys I am moving for a 2 years of Frazier).

you are darn right, if this was kw regime, the trade would have been done.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Dec 15, 2015 -> 06:21 PM)
They talked Quintana in a greater deal that Frazier was a part of and that didn't happen. Anderson they're unwilling to move for Frazier. Levine reported the Reds wanted Fulmer too but I never heard that first hand. I think Rodon is the least tradable player on the team - and that's not to be confused with best player. Rodon hasn't reached his peak value. There's literally no reason to be move him because he will ultimately, barring injury, be far more valuable next year at this time.

Hahn over and over again - "The only untouchable player for Jerry Reinsdorf is number 23."

and therein is my point of, if the pkg is there, i would be willing to trade rodon.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Dec 15, 2015 -> 06:37 PM)
Why? Unless the Sox get something absolutely amazing for him, there's no need to make a trade involving him now.

exactly, there is no reason to even trade him unless they pay the price.

last week some person, whom i will not say, jump on me for wanting to trade him.

my only respond then is as it is now, pay the price and not only will they get an extremely talented sp but 6 yr at a great cost before his FA's.

QUOTE (LDF @ Dec 15, 2015 -> 09:33 AM)
you are darn right, if this was kw regime, the trade would have been done.

The thing about Kenny is outside of Gio (and maybe I'm forgetting someone else), he really rarely ever gave up a player who ever amounted to much anything. In many cases, you could make a point that when he sold his assets, he sold high. Olivo and Gio probably had the best careers out of that and Kenny did good when he sold Gio the first time (and when he got him back), but obviously failed when he moved him for Swisher. That was probably the worst trade in Kenny's history, which is pretty incredible given how many trades he actually made (and it isn't like Nick Swisher is a bum, yes he turned out not to be a fit and had a lousy year with the Sox but he's had a good career).