Misc. Sox Quotes & Tweets

Chisoxfn

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Dec 8, 2015 -> 10:31 AM)
Chuck Garfien ‏@ChuckGarfien 6m6 minutes ago

Spoke with Vandy baseball coach Tim Corbin who raved about White Sox #1 pick Carson Fullmer. "He’s the nicest, meanest kid I’ve ever seen."

Chuck Garfien ‏@ChuckGarfien 3m3 minutes ago

Tim Corbin says that Carson Fullmer is "the strongest-willed kid we've had come through." More than David Price and Sonny Gray. #WhiteSox

I believe Peter Gammons said he was best pitcher in the draft. He loves him. Yeah I know, its Gammons, but I actually respect his opinion as long as it isnt about a Redsox or Yankees player.

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Dec 8, 2015 -> 02:17 PM)
Chuck Garfien ‏@ChuckGarfien 13m13 minutes ago

Don Cooper texted Carlos Rodon to say “I hope you’re getting your butt ready for your breakout first full season in the majors." #WhiteSox

... With the Marlins! :P

Just messing around. :D

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Dec 8, 2015 -> 02:48 PM)
What if the Sox were the mystery team?

Would have to empty the system to get in the conversation. If the Marlins don't think Seager and Urias from the Dodgers is enough, Sox couldn't match that unless they included Rodon/Q.

QUOTE (southside hitman @ Dec 8, 2015 -> 03:52 PM)
Would have to empty the system to get in the conversation. If the Marlins don't think Seager and Urias from the Dodgers is enough, Sox couldn't match that unless they included Rodon/Q.

Actually, its the Dodgers who won't start any conversation with Seager. Dodgers offered Urias and Pederson, but Florida won't even hold the discussion without Seager. Listening to LA Sports Talk Radio, Dodger fans are delusional. They won't give up any of their prospects. Just this morning, Jeanie Zelasko was getting wet over Seager

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Dec 8, 2015 -> 03:22 PM)
Anderson, Rodon, Erik Johnson, Sanchize and two lower level prospects. We then sign Johan. Bring Fullmer up early.

Sale

Fernandez

Q

Fulmer

Santana

I caught a chub

Who's the next starter in line for when Johan can't pitch?

Anderson, Rodon, Erik Johnson, Sanchize and two lower level prospects. We then sign Johan. Bring Fullmer up early.

Sale

Fernandez

Q

Fulmer

Santana

I caught a chub

Still would rather have Rodon for 3 extra years than Fernandez. Fangraphs projects Rodon at ~3 WAR/year and Fernandez ~5 WAR/year right now, which means Rodon would give us more total WAR over his time with us than Fernandez, and that's assuming Fernandez is healthy and Rodon doesn't improve. Then you're adding all those other guys?

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Dec 8, 2015 -> 03:30 PM)
Still would rather have Rodon for 3 extra years than Fernandez. Fangraphs projects Rodon at ~3 WAR/year and Fernandez ~5 WAR/year right now, which means Rodon would give us more total WAR over his time with us than Fernandez, and that's assuming Fernandez is healthy and Rodon doesn't improve. Then you're adding all those other guys?

Rodon has a shot at being as good, or better than, Fernandez, and whatever he does will be at the league minimum for the next three years, while Fernandez quickly accelerates towards the nine figure contract he has coming.

Sale

Fernandez

Q

Fulmer

Santana

I caught a chub

If the Marlins accepted that then their fans would revolt... I hope the trade proposal is sarcastic

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Dec 8, 2015 -> 08:59 PM)
BTW what if it were the Marlins asking for Tim Anderson for Jose Fernandez.

Sale

Fernandez

Quintana

Me

ChiSoxfn

if the marlins are looking to send fernandez somewhere, then gordon and pardo will be traded as well i would send a nice pkg starting off with anderson to marlins for gordon and pardo.

Bruce Levine ‏@MLBBruceLevine 5m5 minutes ago

Robin Ventura - " floating Chris Sale as trade is not a good idea.

Chris Cwik ‏@Chris_Cwik 9m9 minutes ago

Ventura says Mike Olt and Matt Davidson would be the current internal options at third. No surprise there.

Bruce Levine ‏@MLBBruceLevine 3m3 minutes ago

Ventura - Saladino could be our shortstop if we have pieces around him

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Dec 8, 2015 -> 04:24 PM)
Bruce Levine ‏@MLBBruceLevine 4m4 minutes ago

Trace Thompson could be center field candidate and push Adam Eaton according to Ventura .

Uhhhh, what? No, just no.

Unless Eaton is going to LF....

I think that is what he means. Eaton is going nowhere.