Misc. Sox Quotes & Tweets

Chisoxfn

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 17, 2016 -> 04:39 PM)
The top one is everything. If no one is willing to sell yet, there is no one to buy from. This is where you really hope the LaRoche money comes in handy so we can take on salary if needed.

Isn't that what we used on Danks, though?

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Tony @ May 17, 2016 -> 06:43 PM)
Yeah, that's not really how finances work. That money was already paid to Danks and on the payroll, whether he was on the roster or not. Him being cut would have no affect on the LaRoche money that didn't have to be paid.

No, I know that. I'm saying theoretically, isn't the money we "saved" by LaRoche's retirement essentially cancelled out by Danks' paid salary, given that neither player is on the team?

QUOTE (Tony @ May 17, 2016 -> 10:43 PM)
Absolutely not. When the Sox went to Spring Training in 2016, they had a set payroll they were comfortable with, and it included being in the final year of contracts with both LaRoche and Danks. The point is the front office was prepared to pay LaRoche and Danks in full.

The only thing that changed was 13 million removed from that equation when LaRoche left. As Rowand send, Danks was a sunk cost the entire time, they were prepared to pay it anyway.

Ah, I see. Thanks

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ May 23, 2016 -> 07:45 PM)
With Kahnle going down since he's the 26th man, are we really going to roll with a 3-man bench of Saladino/Sands/Avila with Johnson as an extra pitcher? Can he really be sent down tomorrow despite him not being the 26th DH guy?

I did not think there were rules about sending a guy back down, only if you wanted to call him back up after sending him down?

QUOTE (CWSpalehoseCWS @ May 23, 2016 -> 08:49 PM)
I did not think there were rules about sending a guy back down, only if you wanted to call him back up after sending him down?

This is correct. We can send Johnson down but can't call Sanchez back up for ten days unless there is an injury.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ May 24, 2016 -> 01:45 AM)
With Kahnle going down since he's the 26th man, are we really going to roll with a 3-man bench of Saladino/Sands/Avila with Johnson as an extra pitcher? Can he really be sent down tomorrow despite him not being the 26th DH guy?

I think Johnson was guy #26. Called up only to pitch the second game of the DH. Sanchez went down too.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ May 24, 2016 -> 12:34 PM)
I think Johnson was guy #26. Called up only to pitch the second game of the DH. Sanchez went down too.

I read that Kahnle was guy #26 and the Johnson/Sanchez move was just a regular move.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ May 24, 2016 -> 03:57 PM)
Last I heard he was destroying the ball in Japan. Haven't checked in a while though.

Yup - didn't realize he went to Japan.

.310/.401/.592 with 10 2B, 13 HR and 35 RBI in in 174 AB. Its the Dayan we had all hoped for!

Can someone alert Yahoo to take the very offensive description off the Yahoo search page for the White Sox ?

Whoever hacked that page is a loser and should have their internet privileges revoked.

The Chicago White Sox are an American trailer trash professional baseball team based on the South Side of Chicago, Illinois. The White Sox are members of the American League (AL) Central division in Major... wikipedia.org

Just have to laugh. It obviously doesn't show up on the wikipedia main page.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 25, 2016 -> 01:34 AM)
The Chicago White Sox are an American trailer trash professional baseball team based on the South Side of Chicago, Illinois. The White Sox are members of the American League (AL) Central division in Major... wikipedia.org

Just have to laugh. It obviously doesn't show up on the wikipedia main page.

What difference does that make?

This was a hack by a cubf--- that I did not find amusing.

QUOTE (miracleon35th @ May 25, 2016 -> 01:20 AM)
Can someone alert Yahoo to take the very offensive description off the Yahoo search page for the White Sox ?

Whoever hacked that page is a loser and should have their internet privileges revoked.

QUOTE (miracleon35th @ May 25, 2016 -> 06:23 AM)
What difference does that make?

This was a hack by a cubf--- that I did not find amusing.

All right, calm down. Take a deep breath. You're going to be okay. And by the way, welcome to the internet.