Misc. Sox Quotes & Tweets

Chisoxfn

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Jun 1, 2016 -> 03:10 AM)
Interesting article on yardbarker I found about the 5 trades that make too much sense. Was surprised to see the white sox mentioned. Their trade is with none other than the Rockies. Here's their proposal:

4. Colorado Rockies trade Carlos Gonzalez and Ryan McMahon for Avisail Garcia, Carson Fulmer, Adam Engel, and Tyler Danish.

See the link below for the other trades as well as why they think the trade makes too much sense.

(Not sure if it was thread worthy)

http://www.yardbarker.com/mobile/content/a..._12680_21012697

I'd do that trade.

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Jun 1, 2016 -> 03:10 AM)
4. Colorado Rockies trade Carlos Gonzalez and Ryan McMahon for Avisail Garcia, Carson Fulmer, Adam Engel, and Tyler Danish.

See the link below for the other trades as well as why they think the trade makes too much sense.

(Not sure if it was thread worthy)

http://www.yardbarker.com/mobile/content/a..._12680_21012697

Pass

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 1, 2016 -> 10:41 AM)
Christopher Kamka ‏@ckamka 17h17 hours ago

16+ HR before June 1, #WhiteSox history

20 Frank Thomas, 1994

20 Jim Thome, 2006

16 TODD FRAZIER, 2016

16 Adam Dunn, 2012

And in none of those seasons did the club make the postseason (1994 due to strike). In fact, we kind of choked in two of those seasons (and depending on what happens this year, it could be a 3rd).

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 1, 2016 -> 01:21 PM)
Yeah, I would do that move in a heartbeat.

Few reasons. First off, I wouldn't be outraged or anything if that move was made, but...

I like Fulmer. If Fulmer is in the deal, I don't think the Sox should be picking up the full tab on Cargo. I wouldn't necessarily say that McMahon is a "better asset" than Fulmer - but its close. We all know the Sox develop pitchers better than hitters, and I suppose I'd rather see a guy closer to the majors than McMahon if Fulmer is the price, even though he is only a year or two away. While the Sox aren't exactly stacked at 3B in the minors, it is one of their better insulated positions. I am a big fan of Trey Michalczewski and think he is the third baseman in 2018 after Frazier leaves in FA. But there are other options on the farm in Davidson and Delmonico that could feasibility become average major leagues, even if that likelihood isn't high. If I am trading Fulmer, I think I'd prefer a high upside OF coming back.

Basically, I think the Rockies need to kick in some cash in that deal if Fulmer is dealt, along with Engel and Danish. I do like the idea, just not that particular proposal, though it seems to be a pretty well thought out offer for a hypothetical.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseb...0603-story.html

The Sox have five outfielders on their roster even without Cabrera – Adam Eaton, Austin Jackson, Avisail Garcia, J.B. Shuck and Jerry Sands.

But Jackson missed the previous series against the Mets with turf toe in his left foot and was available only in an emergency situation Friday. He tested his foot out Friday afternoon, and Ventura said he is OK hitting but felt soreness when he ran and slowed down.

Ventura said they are not yet ready to put Jackson on the disabled list, even though he has been out since Sunday. He said he remains day to day through the weekend.

QUOTE (Alexeihyeess @ Jun 3, 2016 -> 11:58 PM)
And the consensus on the board was "4th OF" and "selling high." Oooops, hated that move all along.

Yeah the move sucks. Todd Frazier has done NOTHING. At all. Trayce > Frazier!!!!!!!!!!