Misc. Sox Quotes & Tweets

Chisoxfn

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jun 4, 2016 -> 01:52 PM)
Who cares? We got Todd Frazier and there really isn't much reasoning behind hating the move.

Well we got Todd Frazier from the Reds not Dodgers so I am saying maybe there could have been a way to get Frazier without giving up Thompson. Doesn't matter now but I think we could have done it

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jun 7, 2016 -> 04:04 PM)
Random thought, but I totally see Jonathan Lucroy on the White Sox by the end of the month.

I really hope not. I mean I like Lucroy as a player and all, and the Sox could definitely use an upgrade there. But he is going to be expensive to acquire prospect-wise, and you only get him for 1.5 years. Not to mention, he is perhaps one concussion away from not catching again and hes injury prone to begin with. I'd be for it if he was relatively cheap (no Anderson or Fulmer), but I'd be super hesitant to give one of those guys up for 200 games of control of Lucroy.

Not really sure if this is the spot to post this but I have some family up near Minneapolis and I may go up there July 28-31. It turns out the Sox are in town that weekend. Any idea where the Sox stay when up there? I see they have a nice JW Marriott there. I've always wanted to splurge and maybe catch a few drinks with players in a visiting city after a game

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Jun 7, 2016 -> 06:30 PM)
Not really sure if this is the spot to post this but I have some family up near Minneapolis and I may go up there July 28-31. It turns out the Sox are in town that weekend. Any idea where the Sox stay when up there? I see they have a nice JW Marriott there. I've always wanted to splurge and maybe catch a few drinks with players in a visiting city after a game

http://www.wminneapolishotel.com

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Jun 7, 2016 -> 05:30 PM)

Groupie.

The five current AL playoff teams have scored the most runs in the league. Nobody is pitching their way to wins in the AL.

Red Sox, Mariners, Orioles, Rangers, and Indians have averaged 5.02 runs per game.

------

The White Sox are at 4.03 runs per game.

First 33 games 4.21 RS -3.06 RA

Last 26 games 3.81 RS -5.35 RA

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jun 9, 2016 -> 03:11 PM)
The Sox now have two former MVPs on the team in Rollins and Morneau

If you picked two at random, it could be worse. Active players with MVP hardware:

AL:

Donaldson

Trout

Miggy

Verlander

Josh Hamilton*

Mauer

Pedroia

A-Rod*

Morneau

Ichiro

NL:

Harper

Kershaw

McCutchen

Posey

Braun

Votto

Pujols*

Rollins

Ryan Howard*

* = Worse. Factors in contract. Votto is borderline.

QUOTE (shysocks @ Jun 9, 2016 -> 03:24 PM)
If you picked two at random, it could be worse. Active players with MVP hardware:

AL:

Donaldson

Trout

Miggy

Verlander

Josh Hamilton*

Mauer

Pedroia

A-Rod*

Morneau

Ichiro

NL:

Harper

Kershaw

McCutchen

Posey

Braun

Votto

Pujols*

Rollins

Ryan Howard*

We'll get those guys at the end of their careers. Don't worry.

QUOTE (shysocks @ Jun 9, 2016 -> 04:24 PM)

AL:

Donaldson

Trout

Miggy

Verlander

Josh Hamilton*

Mauer

Pedroia

A-Rod*

Morneau

Ichiro

NL:

Harper

Kershaw

McCutchen

Posey

Braun

Votto

Pujols*

Rollins

Ryan Howard*

Verlander and Mauer are worse as well.

QUOTE (Alexeihyeess @ Jun 9, 2016 -> 03:39 PM)
If I could pick any two MVP's I think I would take Mike Trout and Bryce Harper instead of Jimmy Rollins and Justin Morneau.

You're quite the talent evaluation expert! Impressive stuff.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jun 9, 2016 -> 03:37 PM)
Verlander and Mauer are worse as well.

Mauer I think I'd definitely take as his deal is over after 2018 and as a lefty who still puts up a strong OBP he'd almost fit ideally into the 2 spot in our lineup. Verlander I struggled with, that contract is rough but he's also having a nice year.

QUOTE (shysocks @ Jun 9, 2016 -> 03:43 PM)
Mauer I think I'd definitely take as his deal is over after 2018 and as a lefty who still puts up a strong OBP he'd almost fit ideally into the 2 spot in our lineup. Verlander I struggled with, that contract is rough but he's also having a nice year.

Yah, I acutally think Mauer would fit great on the Sox, but not at $24M per. Twins eat half that....maybe. But they're not going to eat any of Mauer's contract, he's worth more to them than anyother team, which is why he will play out his contract there.