Hamilton coming to Chicago

bmags

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 19, 2017 -> 08:11 AM)
I saw Wayne Brady as Burr. He was PERFECT for the smarmy politician parts in the first half of the play, and his voice and stage presence were outstanding. I wasn't as impressed with the last parts when he was supposed to be angry and bitter.

King George was actually my favorite character and actor, followed by Brady. Also big fan of George Washington and the Skyler sisters.

Yeah the Burr I saw captured the anger and disrespect from Burr that propelled it in act II. He was incredible.

I liked Jefferson too. He's a very serious person in history but when you get past that it's hard not to view some of his writings in the same vein of a bratty college kid. I thought playing him as comic relief worked well.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bmags @ May 19, 2017 -> 08:49 AM)
Yeah the Burr I saw captured the anger and disrespect from Burr that propelled it in act II. He was incredible.

I liked Jefferson too. He's a very serious person in history but when you get past that it's hard not to view some of his writings in the same vein of a bratty college kid. I thought playing him as comic relief worked well.

Yeah, don't take that as a dig on anyone. Quite literally I was not disappointed with a single character or actor. Lafayette/Jefferson did a great job, though I think he did a better job as Lafayette with the accent and different rap styles through the first act.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 19, 2017 -> 01:08 PM)
Absolutely the best show I have ever seen. I was blown away by it. Everything about it was masterful and perfect.

That's awesome. Glad u loved your experience.