Hamilton coming to Chicago

bmags

QUOTE (shipps @ Jun 21, 2016 -> 12:51 PM)
Can I ask how much did you pay?

I did mezzanine tix at face value ($117).

Bit steep but we had actually started a savings bucket for these tix in January.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would advise not to go on Stubhub yet. In addition to that raffle they'll do, it's underrated how many seats that theatre holds plus the amount of shows. Buying now is playing into hands of people hoping to gouge you.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 21, 2016 -> 01:49 PM)

DAMN to this. LOL

bmags you got yourself a deal there dude.

I really want to get tickets because I know my wife would love this but I am not paying playoff ticket prices LOL especially when I am not willing to buy playoff tickets at playoff ticket prices.

The best advice I can give people who missed out is to just keep searching. Also make sure you make it a favorite so that if they release more tickets youll get an email. Their system is strange, I have had times where something was sold out and then the next day a random amount of tickets are available, so just be patient.

As Bmags said dont buy from stubhub right away. Unless its something thats once in a lifetime those prices almost always start to fall. Not to mention their is a chance they extend the run and therefore more tickets become available.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 21, 2016 -> 12:07 PM)
I would advise not to go on Stubhub yet. In addition to that raffle they'll do, it's underrated how many seats that theatre holds plus the amount of shows. Buying now is playing into hands of people hoping to gouge you.

So what you are saying is, you should sell your tickets now and than rebuy again shortly (pays for itself). :)

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jun 21, 2016 -> 02:27 PM)
The best advice I can give people who missed out is to just keep searching. Also make sure you make it a favorite so that if they release more tickets youll get an email. Their system is strange, I have had times where something was sold out and then the next day a random amount of tickets are available, so just be patient.

As Bmags said dont buy from stubhub right away. Unless its something thats once in a lifetime those prices almost always start to fall. Not to mention their is a chance they extend the run and therefore more tickets become available.

What happens often is a bunch of people buy a bunch and then their CC's get declined for any multitude of reasons and their tix get kicked back into the pot. Definitely keep checking.

• 5 months later...

I went last night and it was really good. Chicago performance just as enjoyable. Was more awkward first few 15 or so minutes to get into than I expected but fantastic as you go through.

Also have had 4 friends get tix through lottery so may be worth trying those that could do last minute plans like that

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 16, 2016 -> 09:19 AM)
I went last night and it was really good. Chicago performance just as enjoyable. Was more awkward first few 15 or so minutes to get into than I expected but fantastic as you go through.

Also have had 4 friends get tix through lottery so may be worth trying those that could do last minute plans like that

I have been checking periodically for some time now to find semi-reasonable ticket prices that arent 40 miles from the stage but just havent got what I am looking for yet.

• 4 months later...
QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 15, 2017 -> 09:08 AM)
So Hamilton tickets are over $200 minimum face value? Ouch, we were looking into them this weekend, I did not expect that.

It seems like they will never go down. I have been keeping my eye on them for a while because I just cant see droppingover 500 for a set.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 15, 2017 -> 09:08 AM)
So Hamilton tickets are over $200 minimum face value? Ouch, we were looking into them this weekend, I did not expect that.

I don't think that's true for face value. My tickets were in mezzanine and I want to say $110 each and then some gaudy service charges. Balcony would be cheaper.

You can always try the daily raffle. I know several people who received tickets that way.

NVM found in this thread I paid $117 per ticket. I want to say it was $280 total after service fees.

QUOTE (bmags @ May 15, 2017 -> 09:14 AM)
I don't think that's true for face value. My tickets were in mezzanine and I want to say $110 each and then some gaudy service charges. Balcony would be cheaper.

You can always try the daily raffle. I know several people who received tickets that way.

NVM found in this thread I paid $117 per ticket. I want to say it was $280 total after service fees.

You are right, I didn't notice that TM now so openly sells resale tickets on their own. I thought they were from the venue. Silly me to think that there would actually be tickets available at face value.

My parents anniversary is in July and they want my sister and I to try and go with them to see it. I do not want to pay to see a show I probably won't be that into. Staged musicals don't resonate with me. Ugh. Hopefully they won't be able to find tickets.

QUOTE (Brian @ May 15, 2017 -> 11:55 AM)
My parents anniversary is in July and they want my sister and I to try and go with them to see it. I do not want to pay to see a show I probably won't be that into. Staged musicals don't resonate with me. Ugh. Hopefully they won't be able to find tickets.

I always felt that way about musicals too, but I really enjoyed the two I saw. Granted they were Monty Python and Book of Mormon, so a little eccentric. The fact that it's all live so the performers can't f*** up and try again made that much more entertaining to me.

My wife wants to take her mom to Hamilton when she is in town in July. I'd happily go, but not at $300+ per ticket which is the going rate I guess.

I just bought season tix for ASU next year (I've had season tix a few times in the past, as well). 8 shows - including Hamilton - cost $240. Granted, they're balcony seats, but the Hamilton ticket was $30. Had to buy a season ticket to get it, though, but it's a good place to see shows.

QUOTE (Middle Buffalo @ May 15, 2017 -> 03:38 PM)
I just bought season tix for ASU next year (I've had season tix a few times in the past, as well). 8 shows - including Hamilton - cost $240. Granted, they're balcony seats, but the Hamilton ticket was $30. Had to buy a season ticket to get it, though, but it's a good place to see shows.

Is that the Gammage? My parents get season tix every year and love it

Yep. It's ASU Gammage. It a nice theater. Pretty casual, though I shake my head at some of the people who show up in basketball shorts and the like.

Balcony is super steep like Sox park's upper deck. I had front row of the balcony a few years ago, and the railing height was right around my knee level. One little stumble on the way to my seat = no more Middle Buffalo. Luckily, I'm tremendously athletic.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 15, 2017 -> 01:21 PM)
I always felt that way about musicals too, but I really enjoyed the two I saw. Granted they were Monty Python and Book of Mormon, so a little eccentric. The fact that it's all live so the performers can't f*** up and try again made that much more entertaining to me.

My wife wants to take her mom to Hamilton when she is in town in July. I'd happily go, but not at $300+ per ticket which is the going rate I guess.

I went in April and thought it was great. Have been listening to the soundtrack ever since (usually after a night of drinking).

If you look at shows in Nov/Dec you should be able to get some for $80/$100.

We got my Wife's mom tickets for around there in Oct.

I did not have any care for musicals/theatre until I took a theatre criticism class my senior year. Saw 'Doubt', a rather poor production actually, and Sweeney Todd, and really enjoyed. We haven't been able to bite a season pass, but go to Steppenwolf 1-2 times per year and bigge rmusicals. Looking forward to the Humans coming next year.

Even the smaller theatres are a lot of fun. Went to see Heathers the Musical last July and had a blast. That was at stage 773, who also had a run of manuel miranda's in the heights musical that I did not catch.

Didn't know this thread existed. My parents went to NY (when Lin was still there) and Chi and claimed that ChiHam was better. I went to the Chi one in December and loved it, will be returning in June. Unfortunately, I don't think prices are coming down anytime soon, so going again is definitely pricey, but it's worth it. I don't even like musicals, but I loved this.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ May 17, 2017 -> 12:25 PM)
Didn't know this thread existed. My parents went to NY (when Lin was still there) and Chi and claimed that ChiHam was better. I went to the Chi one in December and loved it, will be returning in June. Unfortunately, I don't think prices are coming down anytime soon, so going again is definitely pricey, but it's worth it. I don't even like musicals, but I loved this.

I also went in Dec, glad I saw that first Chicago Burr. He was excellent, but obviously it's a good part as most people say Burr is best.

Not the first time I have heard Chicago Hamilton was better. Manuel-Miranda's voice isn't the best.

QUOTE (bmags @ May 17, 2017 -> 12:35 PM)
I also went in Dec, glad I saw that first Chicago Burr. He was excellent, but obviously it's a good part as most people say Burr is best.

Not the first time I have heard Chicago Hamilton was better. Manuel-Miranda's voice isn't the best.

I saw Wayne Brady as Burr. He was PERFECT for the smarmy politician parts in the first half of the play, and his voice and stage presence were outstanding. I wasn't as impressed with the last parts when he was supposed to be angry and bitter.

King George was actually my favorite character and actor, followed by Brady. Also big fan of George Washington and the Skyler sisters.