Report: Things about to heat up

Whisox05

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (scs787 @ Dec 8, 2015 -> 10:54 PM)
Isn't Zobrist really the first quality bat to be signed?

How many quality major league bats have been traded? Inciarte? Castro? Neither are guys who really fix the offense.

The hitting market, which is the market the Sox should be in hasn't even really heated up. Relax people.

Well Inciarte last year was a 5.3 war player making 500K....He may not "fix" an offense by himself. But 2.0 offensive WAR and 2.6 defensive war certainly helps any team.

QUOTE (Baron @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 12:59 AM)
Well Inciarte last year was a 5.3 war player making 500K....He may not "fix" an offense by himself. But 2.0 offensive WAR and 2.6 defensive war certainly helps any team.

He'd help, but he's not the impact guy I would be trading Q for.

I don't care much for projections, but he's projected at 1.6 WAR next year. Blair and Swanson made that AZ/ATL trade to me.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Dec 8, 2015 -> 11:36 PM)
Ha and you said I was on crack for my sale proposal...JFC lose two SPs and gain 3 OFs. What we do then to fill out the staff? What we do with Eaton Avi and Trayce?

You don't lose Q, Fullmer or Sale. You still have your draft picks to draft more pitchers - the one thing you're good at as an organization. Flip any combo of Eaton, Avi, Trayce, or any of the new OFs to fill out your infield.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Dec 8, 2015 -> 11:06 PM)
He'd help, but he's not the impact guy I would be trading Q for.

I don't care much for projections, but he's projected at 1.6 WAR next year. Blair and Swanson made that AZ/ATL trade to me.

That's because Fangraphs slashed his offensive projections down to basically nothing. All of those guys made the trade. His value to the team last year was definition of "impact".

QUOTE (Alexeihyeess @ Dec 8, 2015 -> 11:37 PM)
Well last year's excitement translated to.....

3 more wins. But having basically the same team isn't going to do anything either. I know not everything needs to happen at the Winter Meetings so in reality it isn't a big deal if we don't make a move in the next day or so

QUOTE (spiderman @ Dec 8, 2015 -> 08:40 PM)
I'm probably one of the few, but I'm not opposed to the White Sox staying quiet(er) in free agency. My #1 focus continues to be rebuilding the minor league system and rebuilding it back. Having 3 draft picks in the first 50 or so picks is a good start, but they need to keep these picks and not be tempted on a free agent.

Completely agree, they need to make that their top priority.

This draft could be huge for the system and along with J2 and the trade deadline, the system could be infused with some major talent.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 10:32 AM)
Not surprised. I would imagine those names are Carlos Gonzalez and Todd Frazier

I was kinda thinking Q for Carlos Gonzalez, Ryan McMahon + and cash. Would give the Sox a slugger now and future 3rd baseman with star potential. I would still think more should come back

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 10:40 AM)
I was kinda thinking Q for Carlos Gonzalez, Ryan McMahon + and cash. Would give the Sox a slugger now and future 3rd baseman with star potential. I would still think more should come back

That would be bad.

QUOTE (southside hitman @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 10:46 AM)
Scott Merkin ‏@scottmerkin 29s30 seconds ago Virginia, USA

Let me clarify from before: White Sox aren't trading Anderson or Quintana

I know majority doesn't want to trade Q but we really have to trade from our depth in order to improve our position players. We just saw ATL fleece a desperate team, I hope we are atleast calling and listening to what teams would give for Q. I still don't know if this team completely knows or agrees with each other internally about what direction this teaM should be going in next year and the next.

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 10:53 AM)
I know majority doesn't want to trade Q but we really have to trade from our depth in order to improve our position players. We just saw ATL fleece a desperate team, I hope we are atleast calling and listening to what teams would give for Q. I still don't know if this team completely knows or agrees with each other internally about what direction this teaM should be going in next year and the next.

Seriously the only other option is to gut the minor league system again to get better. The worst possible thing they could do here is stand pat or marginally upgrade 3B or another position. That doesn't put you in a better situation to win much more than last year. After seeing what Atlanta got for Miller who's performance is comparable to Quintana I would hope they're getting feelers on him. It is nearly impossible to improve on last year's team without gutting the minors or trading a starter.

Edited by Sockin

QUOTE (Sockin @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 11:00 AM)
Seriously the only other option is to gut the minor league system again to get better. The worst possible thing they could do here is stand pat or marginally upgrade 3B or another position. That doesn't put you in a better situation to win much more than last year. After seeing what Atlanta got for Miller who's performance is comparable to Quintana I would hope they're getting feelers on him. It is nearly impossible to improve on last year's team without gutting the minors or trading a starter.

I hear ya and agree.

QUOTE (Sockin @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 11:00 AM)

Quintana >>> Miller

QUOTE (southside hitman @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 04:46 PM)
Scott Merkin ‏@scottmerkin 29s30 seconds ago Virginia, USA

Let me clarify from before: White Sox aren't trading Anderson or Quintana

This is good news. I see an Adam Laroche as trade bait to a NL team and there might be interest, but the potential for a rebound in 2016 is there for sure. I think we can agree that the transition to DH by a NL slugger is not an easy one. I would have liked to have seen more Laroche at 1B and Abreu at DH. Laroche is a gold glove IBman, but I do think Abreu is less of a liability now. I can see Garcia and Melky Cabrera as trade possibilities as well as some relief pitchers.