White Sox acquire Brett Lawrie

Baron

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (dpd9189 @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 08:48 PM)
Not a Cub fan but Lawrie had a 0.6 WAR last year. This is nothing more than a stop gap move. If people think he's the long term answer at 3rd, he's not.

Even if we still end up sucking next year, still hard to hate this move since we gave up close to nothing. Still have the main core of our minors pitching depth.

Project his "Away" stats from last year, over a full season, and you get a pretty decent offensive player:

AVG OBP SLG OPS

.272 .299 .429 .728 With 15 doubles and 10 homers, in just 75 games.

That would give him 30 doubles and 20 HR's. I don't like the strike outs and low OBP but it sure beats what we had last season.

Edited by Lillian

I need one of you negative miserable posters to tell me how this is a bad move. One! Please! So I can laugh at you and talk about you to my entire family as you personally being a representative for all negative moronic Soc fans that are impossible to please.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 08:51 PM)
Did say he believes he's coming to play third, but would be open to something else. Which that would leave the door open for Frazier though I doubt they do that now.

Rick Hahn told him that he's going to get a chance to play 3rd base everyday. But he made it sound open ended...so maybe...Frazier

QUOTE (shipps @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 08:55 PM)
I need one of you negative miserable posters to tell me how this is a bad move. One! Please! So I can laugh at you and talk about you to my entire family as you personally being a representative for all negative moronic Soc fans that are possible to please.

YA! What Shipps said!!!

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 08:54 PM)
Interesting...

Gonna happen would love to stick it to two rivals by signing a royal hater in Lawrie, and then trading for Fraizer from under the Tribe. These two plus a Gordon, Cespedes, or Upton, in particular Upton because of his age, is an amazing step in the plan. Hope Ricky keeps working the phones and gives us something juicy tonight.

Rabbit you hearing anything else you've been dead on bud.

QUOTE (Baron @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 06:46 PM)
Sure

He had a great time in Oakland. Thanked the fans and apologized for not doing better.

Said he knows Melky and Navarro. He's really excited to play with Abreu,Eaton and the great pitching staff.

Used to be traded. Just gotta have a positive mindset.

He loves hard working teammates and wants to help this team win a championship.

Thanks, man.