Awesome site I found

aboz56

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kick ass.  Thanks for posting this, I have a couple people I have to send this link to...

BTW how many other big Beatles fans are out there???

I am one of the biggest, in fact, when I was at IU in Bloomington, I took a class solely devoted to the Beatles. Talk about a great class. There were about 350 people in the class and I loved every second of it.

In fact, here's the link if anyone wants to take a look at it:

http://www.music.indiana.edu/som/courses/r...ck/beatles.html

Kick ass.  Thanks for posting this, I have a couple people I have to send this link to...

I am one of the biggest, in fact, when I was at IU in Bloomington, I took a class solely devoted to the Beatles. Talk about a great class. There were about 350 people in the class and I loved every second of it.

One of my best friends from college and I actually did a top 64 Beatles countdown on our radio show in college. It was a ton of fun.

One of my best friends from college and I actually did a top 64 Beatles countdown on our radio show in college. It was a ton of fun.

What's your favorite Beatles album?

I'd have to say mine would be Revolver (underrated) followed closely by Pepper, Abbey Road, The White Album and Rubber Soul.

I'd have to say mine would be Revolver (underrated) followed closely by Pepper, Abbey Road, The White Album and Rubber Soul.

It depends a lot on the mood but I would have to say the White Album is far and away my favorite, followed by Revolver (our first dance was to Here, There, and Everywhere), and Rubber Soul. I can see by your fav's that you favor the later stuff like I do. Basically from Rubber Soul on is where I really love the Beatles music.

It depends a lot on the mood but I would have to say the White Album is far and away my favorite, followed by Revolver (our first dance was to Here, There, and Everywhere), and Rubber Soul. I can see by your fav's that you favor the later stuff like I do. Basically from Rubber Soul on is where I really love the Beatles music.

Agreed, about the only early album that I consider to be one of my favorites would be A Hard Day's Night, the rest are all good though.

Here, there and everywhere, great song, easily one of my top 10 beatle songs of all-time. That song and And Your Bird Can Sing are my two favorite tracks on Revolver.

One of our favorite things to do on our radio show was to turn the Mics on and sing with the music over the air.  Our favorite song to do was Yellow Submarine.

I guess we're the only two beatle fans around here 2k and that's a shame....

Ah, we've got some old guys for members... They must be taking an off day with the Sox :lol: There are plenty more Beatle fans out there. When I get home tonight I will try to remember to post at least the top 10 song that we came up with.

It would be interesting to see everyone else's top 10's for the Beatles...

Big fan of the Beatles myself. Not as hardcore as you two probably are, only listen to the songs that get radio time. The two favorite albums for me are Beatles 1 and Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band.

As far as listening to sound clips of music, I've heard that beatle executives (including Ringo Starr and McCartney) are total assholes about sharing their music. Just recently they sued Ipods music program for "unlawful"use of their songs. There's no need to be that uptight; their families could live another 100 years off the royalties the beatles generate.

Since I'm in the company of beatles fans, does anybody else hear a weird chorus at the end of "A Day In the Life." I downloaded it off WinMX (it 5:34 long, incase there are different versions) and around the 5:13 mark it begins. Don't know if its the beginning of another track but what they're saying doesn't seem to make any sense. Wonder if its the classic "paul is dead" when you play it backwards.

Since I'm in the company of beatles fans, does anybody else get a weird chorus at the end of "A Day In the Life."  I downloaded it off WinMX (it 5:34 long, incase their is different versions) and around the 5:13 mark it begins.  Don't know if its the beginning of another track but what their saying doesn't seem to make any sense.  Wonder if its the classic "paul is dead" when you play it backwards.

Paul is Dead was on Abbey Road (don't remember which track though) I have In My Life (another song we used for our wedding) both on CD and Album and I don't have any problems with it.

You must have a corrupted file.

If you wanna learn more about the Paul is Dead theory, here's a great page:

http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/3674/pid.html

Also, a great Beatles song that often flies under the radar is "Rain." The thing about this song that most don't know is that it's the first time backwards words appeared on a Beatles album. Definitely one of my favorites as well, as it appears on Past Masters Vol.2 and there's also a video for it on the Anthology DVD.

Also, a great Beatles song that often flies under the radar is "Rain."  The thing about this song that most don't know is that it's the first time backwards words appeared on a Beatles album.  Definitely one of my favorites as well, as it appears on Past Masters Vol.2 and there's also a video for it on the Anthology DVD.

Interesting stuff. I had heard most of that before, but not all of it. BTW Aboz in your class was it more about the music, did it talk more about cultural impact, or what was the focus?

Also, a great Beatles song that often flies under the radar is "Rain."  The thing about this song that most don't know is that it's the first time backwards words appeared on a Beatles album.  Definitely one of my favorites as well, as it appears on Past Masters Vol.2 and there's also a video for it on the Anthology DVD.

Interesting stuff. I had heard most of that before, but not all of it. BTW Aboz in your class was it more about the music, did it talk more about cultural impact, or what was the focus?

We had 4 tests, which half were based on a text book and info that we talked about in class and the other half was a listening portion where you had to identify the song title, album it was on and who sang the lead of the song.

We talked mostly about the music, some about the culture impact of the band as well. Our prof. was a big time Beatles nut, as he's been teaching that course since 1982 and knows a boatload about them.

It was definitely an interesting experience that I won't forget.

We had 4 tests, which half were based on a text book and info that we talked about in class and the other half was a listening portion where you had to identify the song title, album it was on and who sang the lead of the song.

We talked mostly about the music, some about the culture impact of the band as well. Our prof. was a big time Beatles nut, as he's been teaching that course since 1982 and knows a boatload about them.

Well I bet the last part of the tests was the easiest. I have found myself doing most of that just by habit. BTW did you see McCartney when he toured?

Well I bet the last part of the tests was the easiest. I have found myself doing most of that just by habit. BTW did you see McCartney when he toured?

Nope, prices were too high.

I'm also not as big into Paul as I am into George and John.

They're all great, but he's my 3rd favorite of the 4 and I wasn't willing to pay that much to see him. Did get that DVD of the concert though, it's pretty good.

Did you see him?

They're all great, but he's my 3rd favorite of the 4 and I wasn't willing to pay that much to see him. Did get that DVD of the concert though, it's pretty good.

Did you see him?

Yeah Paul is my personal fav, so I ponied up and went. It was an incredible show. It just blew my mind that a 60 year old could do a 2 1/2 hour show with that much energy, and not take a break. It was the best show I have ever seen.

Did you see him?

Yeah Paul is my personal fav, so I ponied up and went. It was an incredible show. It just blew my mind that a 60 year old could do a 2 1/2 hour show with that much energy, and not take a break. It was the best show I have ever seen.

Awesome bro....

Glad you enjoyed...

:headbang :headbang :headbang

give me a break kid!!!! There are more Beatles fans out there! And I yield as a Beatles fan to no one! 9 February 1964 is a sacred day in my calendar. And December 8, 1980 remains a tragic day in my life.

I am at work and hadn't seen this til just now, otherwise would have jumped in sooner.

Best album is the White Album, 2nd best is Sgt Peppers, and Meet the Beatles (which isn't in the catalogue anymore) remains a personal favorite because that was the first one we could have in America.

And if in the right mood I can still sing "She Loves You" in German - some things you never forget!

give me a break kid!!!!  There are more Beatles fans out there!  And I yield as a Beatles fan to no one!  9 February 1964 is a sacred day in my calendar.  And December 8, 1980 remains a tragic day in my life.

I am at work and hadn't seen this til just now, otherwise would have jumped in sooner.

Best album is the White Album, 2nd best is Sgt Peppers, and Meet the Beatles (which isn't in the catalogue anymore) remains a personal favorite because that was the first one we could have in America.

And if in the right mood I can still sing "She Loves You" in German  - some things you never forget!

:headbang :headbang :headbang

who was Dear Prudence written for?

Julia?

Which Beatle did the first solo album (and I still have it)?

Who introduced them to marijuana?

Without thinking, who was Stu Sutcliff?

What was them original name of the haircut?

And the immortal line "how can you sleep" was written by whom for whom because of what, and what was the musical response?

In the middle of the night I.... what?

Let's see how well they taught you!

:lol: :headbang :headbang :headbang

who was Dear Prudence written for?

Julia?

Which Beatle did the first solo album (and I still have it)?

Who introduced them to marijuana?

Without thinking, who was Stu Sutcliff?

What was them original name of the haircut?

And the immortal line "how can you sleep" was written by whom for whom because of what, and what was the musical response?

In the middle of the night I.... what?

Let's see how well they taught you!

:lol: :headbang :headbang :headbang

Paul did the first solo album, Ram.

how can you sleep was a bitter, bitter song by John to Paul, after the break up.

The haircut was the mop top, I think