Who would you trade Anderson for?

Bigsoxhurt35

I don't see how a non-playoff team with arguably the worst minor position player talent in all of baseball can be talking about trading their best prospect. Just makes no sense to me. There's no 1 player that is going to turn this team into a WS contender, so unless he's part of a Q package, or something along the lines, that nets us 3-4 top prospects back Anderson shouldn't be discussed.

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 04:04 PM)
I am not as high on Anderson as most here, I don't think he has the defense to be SS and there aren't a lot of other places for him to play.

I would include him in a trade for a lot of guys, but only if I was able to get another SS back in the deal or a corresponding deal.

While I get the doubts on Anderson, the reports I've read and what I've seen with my own eyes tell me he's getting pretty decent there already. And he's raw, so he should develop further. Also the idea that there aren't other places for him to play seems pretty off to me. He's got the tools for 2B, 3B or CF. Plenty of options if necessary, but honestly I don't think it will be necessary anyway. Probably.

QUOTE (TheFutureIsNear @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 04:34 PM)
I don't see how a non-playoff team with arguably the worst minor position player talent in all of baseball can be talking about trading their best prospect. Just makes no sense to me. There's no 1 player that is going to turn this team into a WS contender, so unless he's part of a Q package, or something along the lines, that nets us 3-4 top prospects back Anderson shouldn't be discussed.

This.

QUOTE (TheFutureIsNear @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 11:34 PM)

i am in total agreement, i am wondering if Beene is really trying to exploit the hole at 3b that the sox have to get the best from the sox in, what he thinks is a desperate trade.

btw, any trade for a short term player should not start or ends with andersen, fulmer, adams, montas.

Please don't trade Tim Anderson. He's just a year away, maybe less. Don't sweat his 25 errors as short last season. He'll get better. Aparicio made errors in the minors, too.

He can hit. He can run. He'll be an exciting player for many years. Naturally, everyone else wants him.

If Tim Anderson is the hold up on acquiring Brett Lawrie, then hold up the deal. From Baseball-reference

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/l/lawribr01.shtml (Age 25 year): .260 BA/.299 OBP/.407 SLG/dWAR -0.2

Tyler Saladino (Age 25 year): .225 BA/.267 OBP/.335 SLG/1.4 dWAR

Lawrie doesn't hit well enough to make up for his poor defense. Tyler Saladino is a better option at third base.

Back to Anderson: He might be ready to play at the major league level by the middle of next year. An infield of Saladino at 3B, Anderson at SS, Sanchez or Johnson at 2B, and Abreu at 1B doesn't look bad, and the cost is reasonable. By the beginning of 2017, the infield could be Michalczewski at 3B, Anderson at SS, Johnson or Sanchez or Saladino at 2B, and Abreu at 1B. The internal options are much better than the free agent options, and selling the farm to get a Frazier for 3B or a Lawrie for 2B/3B just doesn't seem worth the price. It is about time that the Sox learn to trust their player development.