Thank You Everyone

Chisoxfn

To all the posters here, I just wanted to take a little time out of my day to thank all of you for making Soxtalk what it is. I know the past few seasons have been frustrating as fans of this franchise, but you look at the discussion and passion that every member of this site brings to the table, it reminds me of how special this place is and how special it will be when the Sox get back to the promised land again (hey...why not this year!!!). Anyway, for the 10 year+ members, thank you for being so loyal (and for those who haven't been by lately, come on by and say hello) and thank you to the 1 day old members as well as because without new members and new insights, this place wouldn't be the consistently awesome place that it has been for 13+ years (and really even predating those days...back when Soxtalk was just a forum on SoxNet).

When I look back over those 13+ years, I think to where the site started and how exciting it was when the site got 100 visitors in a day, and than looking back over the past few days, realizing that the past 4 days site traffic was an new all time high for any 4 day stretch (and also had a couple of the individual days that were top 5-10 in site history). To think when this site started, it was a shell compared to a massive other White Sox site. New sites popped up, but to correct a quote from field of dreams...their have been two constants in life, one Ray is baseball, the other is Soxtalk, the biggest damn independently run White Sox site on the planet, and that power wouldn't exist if not for all of you.

So thanks again for all the great posts and interaction (and all the fantastic dialogue we have had over the years and most recently) and I look forward to many more years of the same!!!

PS: I also want to thank the mod and admin team here. As many people know, their have been many sites that have sputtered due to overzealous and powerhungry leadership and I think this crew is the best (with the exception of me and my overpowering ways around catch-alls).

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The forum on whitesox.com had been floundering for some time, and an update about 18 months ago that restructured the layout for the worse was the nail in the coffin. Another user there who didn't like the changes clued me into Soxtalk and I barely looked back. This place is awesome; thanks all!

well i really hate to be cocky here, but what the hay, i will. since the old rival days, the sox posters has always been the best. no if, and or but to that. the best.

it is a mixture of the south side chi attitude and constantly being count out. and we have still alive and kicking.

to all the other forum site who poster tried to come in and intimate the the group and failed, we have survive and to the time we shut down one natt'; sport magazine forum down, we still have survived.

all this was b/c of the owner, admin / mods and the posters.

now for the cockiness, i just can't help it, we are the best sports fans out there.....

This place gets a little nuts at times but it's way, way better than any other area of White Sox fandom online. I won't say too much about SSS but every since Cheat left it's devolved into a meme factory with very little original analysis or insight. I rag on Rabbit a lot but it's the work he and the other more active posters here do that makes this place stand out.

This is a great place. I love it. I started posting on WSI when I was a young teenager back in early 2000's, but didn't find this place until 2010 or so. I just lurked and read for a few years, but finally joined and started posting back in 2013. Haven't looked back since.

Found this place while I was in India on business and bored out of my mind in the hotel room in the evenings. Loved it immediately.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Dec 11, 2015 -> 01:50 PM)
Could be wrong but thought he had some health issues. The guy that took over SSS I have never been a fan. He's pure vanilla.

Jim Margulus. He's actually a very good writer and journalist, though he doesn't have that "edge" that Cheat had.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Dec 11, 2015 -> 03:29 PM)
Found this place while I was in India on business and bored out of my mind in the hotel room in the evenings. Loved it immediately.

Jim Margulus. He's actually a very good writer and journalist, though he doesn't have that "edge" that Cheat had.

When SB Nation went "legit" I think a lot of the blogs on their network toned it down a bit. Jim was never edgy, but he did have a little more umph on SoxMachine.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Dec 11, 2015 -> 02:29 PM)

The best writer that covers the Sox, IMO.

Edited by ChiSox59