Rockies Outfielders

BlackSox13

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2015/12/roya...s-gonzalez.html

Rockies are listening to offers on CarGo, Dickerson and Blackmon.

Dickerson's youth, years of control (4) and left handed power potential would be a great fit for the Sox. Problem is that Dickerson had plantar fasciitis last season which I believe is what Gillaspie was dealing with and doesn't go away very easily. I don't know much about the problem but it could make Dickerson a potential buy low candidate due to the risk. But is the risk worth it?

Blackmon is older (29) but brings speed and three years of control and a little pop.

CarGo is expected by the Rockies to bring a nice haul and I kinda doubt the Sox would want to pay the price.

Anyone have thoughts/insights on these three left handed hitting outfielders?

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Dec 12, 2015 -> 02:18 AM)
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2015/12/roya...s-gonzalez.html

Rockies are listening to offers on CarGo, Dickerson and Blackmon.

Dickerson's youth, years of control (4) and left handed power potential would be a great fit for the Sox. Problem is that Dickerson had plantar fasciitis last season which I believe is what Gillaspie was dealing with and doesn't go away very easily. I don't know much about the problem but it could make Dickerson a potential buy low candidate due to the risk. But is the risk worth it?

Blackmon is older (29) but brings speed and three years of control and a little pop.

CarGo is expected by the Rockies to bring a nice haul and I kinda doubt the Sox would want to pay the price.

Anyone have thoughts/insights on these three left handed hitting outfielders?

to be honest, i would pass on all 3, ref to dickerson. i have the same problem. i can't jog like i used to and have to buy special shoes for it. this is going on 13 yrs.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Dec 11, 2015 -> 09:36 PM)
And Trayce could easily be as good as any of these guys, so let's find out, instead of not finding out when these guys won't bring the Sox into contention anyway.

And don't forget to factor in Coors field in the stats evaluations.

Dear lord.

"We’ve heard chatter that the Orioles and Rockies have had some talks regarding outfielder Carlos Gonzalez, and Heyman says that Colorado asked for young righty Kevin Gausman in a deal. That was, unsurprisingly, a non-starter for Baltimore. "

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/writer/jon-he...-plus-mlb-notes

Sounds like the FA and trade markets are finally getting some traction. This kind of gives an idea in value of what Colorado is looking for in a return for CarGo.

Edited by BlackSox13

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Dec 18, 2015 -> 06:54 PM)
"We’ve heard chatter that the Orioles and Rockies have had some talks regarding outfielder Carlos Gonzalez, and Heyman says that Colorado asked for young righty Kevin Gausman in a deal. That was, unsurprisingly, a non-starter for Baltimore. "

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/writer/jon-he...-plus-mlb-notes

Sounds like the FA and trade markets are finally getting some traction. This kind of gives an idea in value of what Colorado is looking for in a return for CarGo.

Shoot for the moon Colorado.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Dec 18, 2015 -> 06:59 PM)
Shoot for the moon Colorado.

Hell ya! The more available outfielders the better. Maybe, possibly, hopefully, by Colorado adding their three outfielders to the mix it could water down the price a bit on the free agents? Probably wishful thinking on my part but in theory its plausible.