What about Carson Fulmer for Ryan McMahon?

Whisox05

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Dec 11, 2015 -> 07:59 PM)
Why? Not saying fulmer but it's a guy that fits Hahns younger controllable player. Plus we don't particularly have a future 3rd baseman at this point.

I'm just really high on Fulmer and feel like he's going to be a very good big league pitcher.

That being said, I'd trade any Sox prospect sans Fulmer or Anderson for McMahon.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Dec 11, 2015 -> 08:59 PM)
Why? Not saying fulmer but it's a guy that fits Hahns younger controllable player. Plus we don't particularly have a future 3rd baseman at this point.

For me Fulmer is more untouchable than Anderson. I'm hoping our third baseman of the future is Trey M.

Edited by Al Lopez's Ghost

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Dec 11, 2015 -> 08:00 PM)
I'm just really high on Fulmer and feel like he's going to be a very good big league pitcher.

That being said, I'd trade any Sox prospect sans Fulmer or Anderson for McMahon.

Ya I would say see what else it would take other then fulmer or Anderson but the things ive read on McMahon is pretty good .

QUOTE (Al Lopez's Ghost @ Dec 11, 2015 -> 09:03 PM)
For me Fulmer is more untouchable than Anderson. I'm hoping our third baseman of the future is Trey M.

Ditto. Before considering this trade, Hahn has to determine if this kid with Rockies is a much better prospect than Trey.

QUOTE (oldsox @ Dec 11, 2015 -> 08:14 PM)
Ditto. Before considering this trade, Hahn has to determine if this kid with Rockies is a much better prospect than Trey.

Well just saying McMahon is a top 100 prospect at #50 and he's number 3 on top 3rd baseman prospects in all of the minors. Trey Michalczewski maybe very good one day but he's not touching McMahon right now. Trey might be needing some more time to decide anything.

I would love to get McMahon but not at the expense of Fulmer. McMahon may be blocked by Arenado at 3B but Colorado can always turn him into a 1B to get his bat in the lineup when he's ready. Another thing is that McMahon will be starting the season at AA so its likely he won't be ready until '17 at the earliest.

I think Montas for McMahon is a more balanced trade proposal for both teams. Just my opinion.

Last year in 127 games at A+ Winston-Salem, Trey Michalczewski struck out 114 times.

Last year in 132 games at A+ Modesto, http://www.baseball-reference.com/register..._medium=linker- struck out 153 times.

Trey has a higher fielding percentage, for what it's worth. Fielding in minor league ballparks is difficult to measure at the best of times.

Also, Trey is a switch-hitter, and switch-hitters are notorious late-bloomers.

I think the Sox should keep Carson Fulmer.

McMahon is on the same timeline as Michalczewski. The sox will be using Lawrie regardless of production as two years to evaluate Trey and hopefully there is something there. As others have said McMahon can always be moved off 3B if they need to make room for his bat.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Dec 11, 2015 -> 07:55 PM)
http://southsideshowdown.com/2015/12/11/wh...ce=snsanalytics

McMahon has some pretty nice stats. Probably going ton be blocked by Arenado.

Sure he'd be a nice pick up. But for goodness sakes not for our #2 prospect. That he's blocked is supposed to lower the price, not raise it.

Edited by GreenSox

If you start with names like Montas and Adams, it's more logical.

The problem is our timing has probably been pushed back to 2017 and more likely 2018 (because of the dearth of FA options next offseason.)

That would give Tim Anderson one plus years to get his feet wet. But I'm not sure how it would really help the team quickly enough...compared to just waiting on Trey and seeing how things go for him this year first.

We'd be better off targeting a long-term catching solution.

Edited by caulfield12

I do think the Sox need to draft their third baseman of the future if the (BPA) fit is there. There are some intriguing names like Drew Mendoza and Nolan Jones.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Dec 11, 2015 -> 09:39 PM)
Montas for McMahon seems like a better fit. Definitely no to Fulmer.

This trade would intrigue me.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Dec 12, 2015 -> 04:27 AM)
Sure he'd be a nice pick up. But for goodness sakes not for our #2 prospect. That he's blocked is supposed to lower the price, not raise it.

Not only that, but the Sox also need to be careful with their pitching depth going forward. They will have one spot open after this year and the hope has to be it will be for Fulmer. Danish fading last year hurt, but it was offset by EJohnson gaining steam.

QUOTE (Dam8610 @ Dec 12, 2015 -> 10:27 AM)
Montas, Danish, Guerrero, Engel, LaRoche for Gonzalez, McMahon? Too much? Too little?

No one is taking LaRoche.

But I really hope that doesn't stop the sox from adding an OF and shifting Melky to DH most days.

QUOTE (beautox @ Dec 11, 2015 -> 09:03 PM)
McMahon is on the same timeline as Michalczewski. The sox will be using Lawrie regardless of production as two years to evaluate Trey and hopefully there is something there. As others have said McMahon can always be moved off 3B if they need to make room for his bat.

This is the exact scenario Hahn discussed on MLB the other day. He mentioned if Lawrie stays long term he can switch to 2B.