Cespedes Re-signs with the Mets

dayan024

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jan 20, 2016 -> 03:18 PM)
And the White Sox dumbass beat reporters have all said that the Sox are most likely done as well

That's fine but they've been off all off-season. I was just saying what we heard from the beat yesterday in regards to the Angels. I don't know his track record.

i guess i'm surprised Cespedes hasn't signed yet just because of the opportunity to team up with a fellow Cuban in Abreu. obviously money is the #1 for all the free agents, and rightfully so because they deserve to get the most money they can. but the next thing that would motivate me would be winning, and maybe that's where the Sox fall short in terms of potential teams to sign with. so that's why i'm hoping that he considers playing with a fellow Cuban important and Hahn can get a deal done before the weekend.

QUOTE (peppers312 @ Jan 20, 2016 -> 03:33 PM)
i guess i'm surprised Cespedes hasn't signed yet just because of the opportunity to team up with a fellow Cuban in Abreu. obviously money is the #1 for all the free agents, and rightfully so because they deserve to get the most money they can. but the next thing that would motivate me would be winning, and maybe that's where the Sox fall short in terms of potential teams to sign with. so that's why i'm hoping that he considers playing with a fellow Cuban important and Hahn can get a deal done before the weekend.

Why does everyone assume that all people from Cuba are friends?

QUOTE (hi8is @ Jan 20, 2016 -> 02:36 PM)
Eaton

Cabrera

Abreu

Cespedes

Frazier

Eaton

Cabrera

Abreu

Cespedes

Frazier

Eaton

Cabrera

Abreu

Cespedes

Frazier

Come on everyone - it's metaphysical mantra time.

that's a pretty nice lineup compared to

Eaton

Cabrera

Abreu

LaRoche

Garcia

QUOTE (Jose Paniagua @ Jan 20, 2016 -> 03:35 PM)
Renteria and O-Cab were the only two dudes in MLB from Colombia and they wanted to murder each other. lol

Seriously, lol.

It's weird. When I moved to Chicago and told people that I came from Ohio, like 1 in 10 would immediately say, "OH! Do you know ?!"

"No. Why?"

"Oh that's my cousin's wife and she's from Ohio."

Ok so there are roughly ten million people spread out over like 40,000 miles in the state of Ohio. What are the chance I would randomly know one?

The Cuban player thing isn't QUITE as bad because they actually played on the same team -- but what are the chances that they are BFFs to the point that one would leave money on the table to reunite? It's way more likely that they're completely indifferent toward each other.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Jan 20, 2016 -> 02:40 PM)
Seriously, lol.

It's weird. When I moved to Chicago and told people that I came from Ohio, like 1 in 10 would immediately say, "OH! Do you know ?!"

"No. Why?"

Ok so there are roughly ten million people spread out over like 40,000 miles in the state of Ohio. What are the chance I would randomly know one?

The Cuban player thing isn't QUITE as bad because they actually played on the same team -- but what are the chances that they are BFFs to the point that one would leave money on the table to reunite? It's way more likely that they're completely indifferent toward each other.

While I understand this point, it is like when you study abroad or visit abroad and suddenly you are best friends with the other Americans/Irish/Australians there. You have a lot in common, are going through a similar experience, and speak the same language. There are few others that could understand you more than a fellow expat star cuban baseball player in bigs.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Jan 20, 2016 -> 02:40 PM)
Seriously, lol.

"No. Why?"

I agree with you, but I could see the appeal for any power hitter wanting to be in a lineup with Abreu. The fact that they're both from Cuba, and have played together in the past is just gravy.

QUOTE (peppers312 @ Jan 20, 2016 -> 03:35 PM)
if you played in Japan and didn't speak the language, don't you think you'd gravitate towards a fellow countryman if they were on the team?

Sure, but not enough to leave tens of millions dollars on the table. Also, literally every MLB team contains Spanish-speaking players.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Jan 20, 2016 -> 03:44 PM)
Sure, but not enough to leave tens of millions dollars on the table. Also, literally every MLB team contains Spanish-speaking players.

Totally understand what you are saying about the money. I wouldn't think for a second that he would leave cash behind to play with a buddy. I just know that have a friend on the team can't possibly hurt the Sox chances.