Cespedes Re-signs with the Mets

dayan024

If we get Cespedes we have to deal Avi or Melky. I'm not a big fan of the Melk-ster. Trade him. Have outfield of Cespedes, Eaton and Avi and get a middle reliever for Melky?? We probably could use Cespedes' presence in the lineup.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jan 20, 2016 -> 07:45 PM)
If we get Cespedes we have to deal Avi or Melky. I'm not a big fan of the Melk-ster. Trade him. Have outfield of Cespedes, Eaton and Avi and get a middle reliever for Melky?? We probably could use Cespedes' presence in the lineup.

I think it's more realistic to send Avi down to AAA in this scenario with Schuck being the 4th OF.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jan 20, 2016 -> 06:45 PM)

It will be alot easier to trade Avi for a middle reliever.

QUOTE (Tony @ Jan 20, 2016 -> 07:59 PM)
I asked the question because I'm curious where expectations will be if Cespedes is signed. It seems like that will meet the fans expectations for a very good off-season. What if they fail, and it's an 81 win season. Who is to blame at that point?

The players. At that point the front office did all they could.

QUOTE (Tony @ Jan 21, 2016 -> 12:59 AM)
I asked the question because I'm curious where expectations will be if Cespedes is signed. It seems like that will meet the fans expectations for a very good off-season. What if they fail, and it's an 81 win season. Who is to blame at that point?

and for me, you make a great question but i would like to know why 81 wins....

if everyone is healthy then i would blame the FO b/c they saddle this great group of players with a freaking incompetent field manager.

pitchers hurt, then it goes back to getting a back up pitcher which i been ragging about.

key players hurt.... can not fault no one except lady luck.

Guest Yoenis Cespedes

Give me reasons to go to White Sox. Want to sign by Friday, Jay-Z... I mean raBBit. Jose, please chime in also. My cell was left on the green at the 17th hole when I four putted and got upset.

Edit: Also, raBBit... Have an intern call AT&T to have them do the find my phone thing again. If someone found it - just give them a million once my contract is signed.

Edited by Yoenis Cespedes

QUOTE (Tony @ Jan 21, 2016 -> 01:07 AM)
Also, I'm not saying I think there is a right answer. Obviously a thousand different things can happen. But if a resounding amount of people say "Hahn and Williams did everything they could this off-season and it was a resounding win", then in theory we shouldn't hear any complaints at the end of 2016 about a bad front office. But I have a hunch that won't be the case. :)

you not including mismanagement on the field......

QUOTE (Alexeihyeess @ Jan 20, 2016 -> 07:11 PM)
If the Sox do sign Cespedes the next priority has to be getting Melky back to his old "training" regimen. Hopefully one that's less conspicuous. A clean Melky in LF isnt going to be doing the Sox any favors.

You saying PEDs? If so, to me, that's a weird thing to bring up as a course of action. Guess I'm naive.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Jan 20, 2016 -> 07:14 PM)
ihaveafeelingsomethingisgoingtohappentodayTalk.com

Are you trying to say something won't happen today? Fuuuuuck!?!?!

I'm hanging around for two things. 1) to see if the Sox are able to sign Cespedes. 2) to witness the nuclear meltdown if the Sox do not sign Cespedes.

Either way, it should be interesting to read the responses.