Cespedes Re-signs with the Mets

dayan024

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Dec 29, 2015 -> 07:27 PM)
It makes no sense. Alexei is a declining ballplayer who spent the last 3 year putting on a clownshow. I realize this org. has a thing about young players, but I would hope they could fit ONE young ballplayer onto the team.

Cespedes is a veteran, and if he needs his hand held, I'd much rather a professional like Abreu leading the way.

I could absolutely see the Sox do this and attempt to bring him back on a 2 yr. I agree his glove took a dive the last 2 season but he hit pretty well in the 2nd half. Keep Saladino as your reserve infielder, send Sanchez to AAA for playing time. Whether it's a viable move remains to be seen, but it wouldnt surprise me

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Dec 29, 2015 -> 07:29 PM)
Not much difference between Avi and Melky. But using Melky as a lefty platoon doesn't make much sense.

Maybe he means Melky gets time in DH spot against lefties but plays outfield against righties? Though that would technically be a platoon of LaRoche and guy who plays outfield against lefties (as of now, Avi).

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Dec 29, 2015 -> 07:38 PM)
Maybe he means Melky gets time in DH spot against lefties but plays outfield against righties? Though that would technically be a platoon of LaRoche and guy who plays outfield against lefties (as of now, Avi).

That would move Melky to RF, which he has played very sparingly. Cespedes has never played right, and I seem to recall him causing a ruckus about his position when with Boston.

I do like the idea of not moving Avi purely to platoon DH.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Dec 29, 2015 -> 07:51 PM)
That would move Melky to RF, which he has played very sparingly. Cespedes has never played right, and I seem to recall him causing a ruckus about his position when with Boston.

I do like the idea of not moving Avi purely to platoon DH.

If we get another outfielder, I prefer him getting at bats in Charlotte every day in anticipation of a possible LaRoche release if he is terrible the first few months.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Dec 29, 2015 -> 07:54 PM)
If we get another outfielder, I prefer him getting at bats in Charlotte every day in anticipation of a possible LaRoche release if he is terrible the first few months.

I can see that, but they need a RH bench bat. If they really think that they can contend, which I assume they do, you can't go into the season and hand Laroche the bat against lefty pitchers.

A guy like Austin Jackson can hit lefties pretty well and his D isn't bad.

QUOTE (Sockin @ Dec 29, 2015 -> 08:59 PM)
More smoke, second person claiming Cespedes will sign with the Sox.

@rickslat123

Multiple sources: Yoenis Cespedes @ynscspds has told White Sox he will sign with them. Deal worth north of 110 million. #mlb

https://twitter.com/rickslat123/status/682015844033937408

This is an online liar. Longtime fraud

QUOTE (Sockin @ Dec 29, 2015 -> 07:59 PM)

@rickslat123

Multiple sources: Yoenis Cespedes @ynscspds has told White Sox he will sign with them. Deal worth north of 110 million. #mlb

Fake Ken Rosenthal said sox get Cespedes too lol. So there 3 peeps

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Dec 29, 2015 -> 08:01 PM)
I can see that, but they need a RH bench bat. If they really think that they can contend, which I assume they do, you can't go into the season and hand Laroche the bat against lefty pitchers.

A guy like Austin Jackson can hit lefties pretty well and his D isn't bad.

Agree I'd like Austin Jackson platooning with LaRoche.

QUOTE (Sockin @ Dec 29, 2015 -> 08:59 PM)

@rickslat123

He said we signed Upton

QUOTE (Sockin @ Dec 29, 2015 -> 07:59 PM)

@rickslat123

Why do people still quote this guy? He's the one who claimed to be Tim Anderson's best friend.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Dec 29, 2015 -> 08:04 PM)
Agree I'd like Austin Jackson platooning with LaRoche.

Given the choice, I prefer an OF of Jackson-Eaton-Cespedes. That would be pretty solid.

Just as soon get the OF D fixed if they are going this far.

And dare I suggest that a Jackson/Parra platoon in lieu of the big ticket guy might work as well.

Edited by GreenSox