Cespedes Re-signs with the Mets

dayan024

Honest question, can someone describe the genesis of some random dude with no followers on Twitter tweeting out bulls*** and having it gain steam? I assume people are just searching Twitter for keywords and stumble upon this s***, right? His few followers start retweeting it like crazy or spamming people with it? Reddit gets ahold of it?

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Dec 29, 2015 -> 08:10 PM)
Honest question, can someone describe the genesis of some random dude with no followers on Twitter tweeting out bulls*** and having it gain steam? I assume people are just searching Twitter for keywords and stumble upon this s***, right? His few followers start retweeting it like crazy or spamming people with it? Reddit gets ahold of it?

I'd guess yes on all of that.

People want news even if there is none.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Dec 29, 2015 -> 08:07 PM)
Given the choice, I prefer an OF of Jackson-Eaton-Cespedes. That would be pretty solid.

Just as soon get the OF D fixed if they are going this far.

And dare I suggest that a Jackson/Parra platoon in lieu of the big ticket guy might work as well.

Austin Jackson a FA, right? What would he cost?

QUOTE (Saufley @ Dec 29, 2015 -> 08:20 PM)
Austin Jackson a FA, right? What would he cost?

yes, no comp.

I think he's a good player, but he's hit poorly against righties recently.

Our boy Slat is now saying the Sox signed Latos. This guy must delete all of his tweets that turn out bogus.

Edited by GreenSox

One thing that really bothers me about Cespedes is his declining walk rate. He started out walking 8% of the time his rookie year. Then 6.5%. Then he got traded to the Red Sox and it's like he doesn't even know walking is a possibility anymore.

If he doesn't hit .280 or higher, he's not going to get on at a league average rate.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Dec 29, 2015 -> 06:40 PM)
whitesoxdave and the guy have different sources. I just think this other kid if kind of full of it. Either that or he was dropped a golden nugget and he doesn't really know anything else about the team. The guy is from Glen Ellyn and that's where MLBtraderumors is based out of. Just my sleuthing not sure it's relevant.

Don't think that is anything more than a coincidence...mlbtraderumors is a pretty legitimate site these days, and it isn't run by this guy.

Brian, do you think the Sox may be starting to feel as though Gordon is using them?

One thing that really bothers me about Cespedes is his declining walk rate. He started out walking 8% of the time his rookie year. Then 6.5%. Then he got traded to the Red Sox and it's like he doesn't even know walking is a possibility anymore.

If he doesn't hit .280 or higher, he's not going to get on at a league average rate.

8 against 6.5 isn't much.

QUOTE (Alexeihyeess @ Dec 29, 2015 -> 08:45 PM)
8 against 6.5 isn't much.

8 and 5 is. You're more likely to get 5% from him in the future unless he changes his approach.

Edit: FWIW, over 600 PAs, 1.5% is 9 walks. 3% is 18 walks. That is a sizable difference.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (blackmooncreeping @ Dec 29, 2015 -> 07:58 PM)
Gordon to Baltimore

Cespedes to LAA

Sox to now target Upton after missing on Cespedes/Gordon

That's from one unsubstantiated guy earlier today on Twitter. Lots of rumors flying fast, who knows!

Also, Michael Jordan to come out of retirement, play for Grizzlies.