Viable Trade Candidates That Wont Cost Anderson or Fulmer?

Dunt

Not sure I see the Sox trading for Frazier or signing Upton/Cespedes unless the prices come down, so who are some viable trade targets for the White Sox that wouldnt cost them Tim Anderson or Carson Fulmer? A name I've been interested in is Martin Prado. You'd only be trading for a year of him so the price wouldnt be all that high, solid OBP that could fit in the 2 hole, low K%, excellent defensively at 3B, could be a real nice table setter for Abreu, has some versatility in that he can play 2B and 3B as well....I think he would present a nice option for the Sox.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dunt @ Dec 14, 2015 -> 07:06 PM)
Not sure I see the Sox trading for Frazier or signing Upton/Cespedes unless the prices come down, so who are some viable trade targets for the White Sox that wouldnt cost them Tim Anderson or Carson Fulmer? A name I've been interested in is Martin Prado. You'd only be trading for a year of him so the price wouldnt be all that high, solid OBP that could fit in the 2 hole, low K%, excellent defensively at 3B, could be a real nice table setter for Abreu, has some versatility in that he can play 2B and 3B as well....I think he would present a nice option for the Sox.

for me, dee gordon miami.

QUOTE (Moe @ Dec 14, 2015 -> 01:11 PM)
I would think Blackmon and Dickerson wouldn't cost the likes of Anderson/Fulmer

This is my top answer right now. They might want a little more for Dickerson since he's younger, but Blackmon should definitely be a target for us. Left handed, should be above average in LF defensively, good speed, has shown good OBP skills, and is still arbitration eligible until '18. If the Rockies would take something like Montas, Engel, + a C level pitching prospect (Leyer?) I would definitely do it. I know they are coveting young power arms and would like to unload an OF so it all much a lot of sense to me.

A few possible cheaper alternatives. Chris Heston of the Giants could be picked up on the cheap with them just signing Cueto. Rob Refsnyder from the Yankees becomes a spare part with Castro being signed or Hanser Alberto at Texas looked useful. All are young and could be picked up cheaper than Montas or Fulmer, I reckon.

Pick up Chris Carter for nothing. He'll hit 25ish. Let him DH

Sure he'll K a lot, but so will the elite, the greatest, Todd Frazier. Meawhile, we can get another year of development from Sanchez, Thompson and whoever our SS is.

I'm not interested in any of these guys who will require our 2nd tier prospects either.

You can add Todd Frazier or whomever, and this is a 80-84 win team on paper....less if the OF defense stays the same as it is.

Refsnyder can't play defense. find someone who comes real cheap like Lawrie or Carter.

Edited by GreenSox

QUOTE (TheFutureIsNear @ Dec 14, 2015 -> 12:50 PM)
This is my top answer right now. They might want a little more for Dickerson since he's younger, but Blackmon should definitely be a target for us. Left handed, should be above average in LF defensively, good speed, has shown good OBP skills, and is still arbitration eligible until '18. If the Rockies would take something like Montas, Engel, + a C level pitching prospect (Leyer?) I would definitely do it. I know they are coveting young power arms and would like to unload an OF so it all much a lot of sense to me.

Blackmon had a hell of a season last year. Not sure he will come as cheaply as some of you might think...