Viable Trade Candidates That Wont Cost Anderson or Fulmer?

Dunt

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Dec 14, 2015 -> 04:44 PM)
Pick up Chris Carter for nothing. He'll hit 25ish. Let him DH

Sure he'll K a lot, but so will the elite, the greatest, Todd Frazier. Meawhile, we can get another year of development from Sanchez, Thompson and whoever our SS is.

I'm not interested in any of these guys who will require our 2nd tier prospects either.

You can add Todd Frazier or whomever, and this is a 80-84 win team on paper....less if the OF defense stays the same as it is.

Refsnyder can't play defense. find someone who comes real cheap like Lawrie or Carter.

Lmao, this is so much garbage. Chris Carter has a career slashline of .217/.312/.452, and last year he hit .199 with 151 strikeouts in 460 ABs following 182 and 212(!!!!!) strikeouts.

Frazier has never struck out more than 139 times in a season and his slash line is .257/.321/.463 and plays a position competently, unlike Carter who is a DH that is a dinosaur in the modern major leagues(3 outcome)

Your dream team would suck so hard

QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 14, 2015 -> 05:50 PM)
Blackmon had a hell of a season last year. Not sure he will come as cheaply as some of you might think...

Blackmon steals bags and, more importantly, runs the bases well, something the Sox don't do. I'm on board for a package around Montas.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 14, 2015 -> 05:50 PM)
Blackmon had a hell of a season last year. Not sure he will come as cheaply as some of you might think...

A SP who is a top 50 prospect in all of baseball that has done nothing but pitch great + An OF with all the tools in world who just tore up the AFL + a 22 year old with a 95+ mph fastball

At least that's how I'd spin it to Colorado...Not saying it would definitely get it done but I'd say it would be pretty damn close. Montas is nothing to scoff at as trade chip for a lot of players in this league imo. Did you just see what Ken Giles was traded for? Montas has a lot more value then people want to admit. Maybe it would take a slightly better 3rd prospect than Leyer, but no one substantial.

At least all in my opinion. We're all just guessing here right?

Edited by TheFutureIsNear

QUOTE (TheFutureIsNear @ Dec 15, 2015 -> 02:07 AM)
A SP who is a top 50 prospect in all of baseball that has done nothing but pitch great + An OF with all the tools in world who just tore up the AFL + a 22 year old with a 95+ mph fastball

At least that's how I'd spin it to Colorado...Not saying it would definitely get it done but I'd say it would be pretty damn close. Montas is nothing to scoff at for most players in this league imo. Did you just see what Ken Giles was traded for? Montas has a lot more value then people want to admit. Maybe it would take a slightly better 3rd prospect than Leyer, but no one substantial.

At least all in my opinion. We're all just guessing here right?

you really make a good point.

but this is on me, i can't see this properly. i am too much against this and i do not know why.

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 14, 2015 -> 12:54 PM)
Platoon him with Trayce

I don't want a platoon player that makes over $17.75M annually over the next three years and one that is in the downside of his career. Even if the Dodgers eat the majority of his salary, still a no.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 14, 2015 -> 05:12 PM)
Lmao, this is so much garbage. Chris Carter has a career slashline of .217/.312/.452, and last year he hit .199 with 151 strikeouts in 460 ABs following 182 and 212(!!!!!) strikeouts.

Frazier has never struck out more than 139 times in a season and his slash line is .257/.321/.463 and plays a position competently, unlike Carter who is a DH that is a dinosaur in the modern major leagues(3 outcome)

Your dream team would suck so hard

Frazier and Carter do have pretty much the same OPS though.

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 14, 2015 -> 01:19 PM)
Andre Ethier

QUOTE (Knackattack @ Dec 14, 2015 -> 01:23 PM)
This is some one I would target.. float LA a nice prospect and maybe they take LaRoche with him

They better take Laroche and Danks both then.

Ethier's salary is a $38 million dollar (including year 3 buyout) anchor.

QUOTE (PorkChopExpress @ Dec 15, 2015 -> 02:46 PM)
What about Adrian Beltre? Only one year left on his contract, and the Rangers have Joey Gallo ready to take over for him.

I was thinking the same thing until I read this a few days back.

"Contract extension for Adrian Beltre is 'important' to Texas Rangers"

http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/texas-rang...t-texas-rangers

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com

Would love have to him if the Rangers decided to go with Gallo at third but it doesn't sound like that's what they'll do at this point.

Edited by BlackSox13

Would the Rockies deal Reyes & Cargo for LaRoche & any one player not on the active roster, not named Anderson or Fulmer? Any two players?

Reyes remaining $ is 2/46 (includes 4mil buyout in 18)

Gonzalez remaining $ is 2/37.

Both would have a strong chance to bring back a compensation assuming they walk after '17. While hard to gauge, Gonzalez on the open market at age 30 would likely sign a two year deal greater than 37mil and if you take LaRoche's money off Reyes' deal I think (2/33) is close to what he might fetch for 2 years.

It is an interesting deal for me because COL is one of the only places that seemingly has room for LaRoche (not sure this matters) and while no one is overly bullish on Reyes right at this moment, I think one could realistically expect him to be around 5 wins better than anyone on the Sox current roster at SS over the next two years.

Edited by GREEDY

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Dec 15, 2015 -> 06:15 PM)
One name that I haven't seen mentioned on the site is Prince Fielder. He is supposedly available. If they'd take LaRoche back, that could be an intriguing option.

;)

http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?sh...=Prince+fielder

I'm with ya Jimmy, Fielder is worth looking into.