Sox Acquire All-Star 3B Todd Frazier from Reds in 3 team deal

Princess Dye

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 16, 2015 -> 09:23 AM)
I think Frazier is all the Sox received. Unless the Sox go all in and get Upton or Cespedes, I do not like the deal. If they do, OK.

Agreed. I think if we intend to compete, I'm fine selling high on Trayce and well I liked Micah a lot but if his D can't stick fine (leverage an asset we weren't going to get value out of). But only if we intend to truly contend. That means we need another outfield bat.

QUOTE (Knuckles @ Dec 16, 2015 -> 12:23 PM)
The #Dodgers get Frankie Montas, Michah Johnson, Trayce Thompson; #Reds get Jose Peraza, Scott Schebler, Brandon Dixon. @JonHeymanCBS 1st.

Boy they sure were quick to sell high on Thompson but low on Micah and Montas. Don't really get this move personally but we'll see how it shakes down. Don't like giving up Thompson love his bloodlines and production but he might never be more than a decent 4th OF.

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 16, 2015 -> 11:22 AM)
This is incredible if true, as you get Frazier without giving up Anderson, Fulmer or Rodon. We all knew Micah Johnson had no future with the Sox, and Montas is sure more likely to be a reliever.

Bingo. Love Trayce's D, but this could be a classic sell high. Sox defense in the outfield still isn't great now, but we got a pretty good defensive infield to start. I really like Trayce though.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 16, 2015 -> 11:24 AM)
Agreed. I think if we intend to compete, I'm fine selling high on Trayce and well I liked Micah a lot but if his D can't stick fine (leverage an asset we weren't going to get value out of). But only if we intend to truly contend. That means we need another outfield bat.

I think getting Frazier certainly says to those guys that the Sox are going to go for it this year. This deal makes it more attractive to come here.

Edited by Sockin

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Dec 16, 2015 -> 05:25 PM)
Boy they sure were quick to sell high on Thompson but low on Micah and Montas. Don't really get this move personally but we'll see how it shakes down. Don't like giving up Thompson love his bloodlines and production but he might never be more than a decent 4th OF.

Micah Johnson's defensive stats last year killed him being a "top" trade chip

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Dec 16, 2015 -> 12:24 PM)
+1

Not sure how high they sold on Micah and Montas but I guess Montas was able to say healthy all year and that is probably selling highish on him, even if his performances weren't mind blowing. Micah, well, it's selling low but before he has zero value I guess.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Dec 16, 2015 -> 11:25 AM)
Better than giving up Anderson, but still seems like a lot to give up for 2 years of Frazier. As of now, Avi is back to being a starting OF.

I think he's optioned or they're trying hard to get rid of him.