Sox Acquire All-Star 3B Todd Frazier from Reds in 3 team deal

Princess Dye

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Dec 16, 2015 -> 11:26 AM)
Not sure how high they sold on Micah and Montas but I guess Montas was able to say healthy all year and that is probably selling highish on him, even if his performances weren't mind blowing. Micah, well, it's selling low but before he has zero value I guess.

Montas didn't look too bad in September plus is still being groomed as a starter even though hes highly likely to end up as a reliever. Micah couldn't even stay healthy,plus his brick hands.

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Dec 16, 2015 -> 12:26 PM)
I think he's optioned or they're trying hard to get rid of him.

They should not be trying to "dump" Avi. He has no value anyways. Like Viciedo, this is his make or break year. If they are somehow 58-43 around the trade deadline and Avi is replacement level yea, then you dump him. Not now.

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 16, 2015 -> 12:30 PM)
Saladino, easily

It will be an interesting decision if it comes down to that since Saladino is overall a higher risk prospect IMO but from what I have seen and heard is far less of a risk as a defensive SS, where Sanchez could be anywhere from just fine to sub-MLB level. Sanchez's bat being what it was for much of the season last year, the Sox will have to decide if it's worth gambling on. I think the more likely scenario is that we bring in somebody else entirely to play SS or re-sign Alexei