Sox Acquire All-Star 3B Todd Frazier from Reds in 3 team deal

Princess Dye

The Sox farm system just went down a couple of pegs.

I really liked Micah and Montas who was throwing 100 at a game I was at. Trayce is overrated but would be a great 4th OF.

This move is fine as long as they don't stop now boys. If you go into the season like this hoping for Avi to finally discover the difference between a ball and a strike, not only do you waste Sale, Abreu, Q. You also waste half of your control with both Lawrie and Frazier. It is imperative to get another bat for the OF.

Edited by Dick Allen

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 16, 2015 -> 06:33 PM)

I really liked Micah and Montas who was throwing 100 at a game I was at. Trayce is overrated but would be a great 4th OF.

3 picks in top 50 should replenish that with ease.

As for Montas, he seems like the type of guy who throws hard but isn't very deceptive with his fastball

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 16, 2015 -> 12:33 PM)

I feel like the Sox have to acquire an outfielder now with the moves they made. You can't trade a decent package for Frazier and then go into next year starting Cabrera and Avi in the corners who are both just absolutely dreadful defensively.

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 16, 2015 -> 11:37 AM)
Frazier for those 3 guys seems like a trade proposal we'd make on here and everyone would say the Reds wouldn't do that

The Dodgers must really liked that package a helluva lot more than the Reds did. Big gamble for them too comparing what the Dodgers wanted from the Sox and what they gave to the Reds.

Solid move by Hahn!!!! Montas fastball is straight as an arrow with no movement. Major league hitting will feast on him. He was bullpen arm all the way for me. Also, multiple knee surgeries with his body type. Thompson is a solid #4 OF on a team. No lost except for his defense. Micah Johnson I have never been a fan. He will never be able to play an adequate 2nd base on the defensive side. Rock hands and 2 arm surgeries. Glad Hahn realized that these 3 prospects had these flaws to get a position need. Frazier has a great contract, solid defense, above average hitting. Plus we will be able to give him a qualifying offer if he leaves in 2 years. Hahn I'm sure is now looking for OF help. I still don't believe the Sox will sign anyone with the qualifying offer.

Edited by PolishPrince34

QUOTE (Knuckles @ Dec 16, 2015 -> 11:39 AM)
Jim Bowden ‏@JimBowden_ESPN 36s36 seconds ago

Frankie Montas best prospect moved in three way deal.and Dodgers get him not Reds? Has to be more to this deal…doesn’t make sense on surface

Same here. Why do I feel like there's some kind of prospect coming back to the Sox?