Sox Acquire All-Star 3B Todd Frazier from Reds in 3 team deal

Princess Dye

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Dec 16, 2015 -> 02:37 PM)
The only reason why I don't like this forum is because people b**** and moan about literally EVERYTHING!!!

Can we let the season happen first and then come to a conclusion? Please?

Shut it down til October, boys.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Dec 16, 2015 -> 09:31 PM)
Same. I think Upton, Gordon, Cespedes make most sense for this team in that order.

Cmon SoxPride, you know better than this. We made our big free agent signing a year ago. Melky. Sox cannot afford to sign any of those three guys.

I pray we sign Lexi right now and hope like heck Avi turns into mini Miggy like he was suppposed to.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Dec 16, 2015 -> 02:37 PM)
The only reason why I don't like this forum is because people b**** and moan about literally EVERYTHING!!!

Can we let the season happen first and then come to a conclusion? Please?

Amen. The gloom and doom still lurks despite upgrades at C, 3B and 2B. Hell, the off season isn't even finished yet. :lol:

QUOTE (greg775 @ Dec 16, 2015 -> 02:37 PM)
We'll see. I happen to think all three players we gave up are certain big leaguers. Trayce is a STAR defensive player. He's AMAZING with the glove. Micah still could be special. He could be. Montas could be special. He could be.

Trayce cant hit, Michah cant field or stay healthy. Montas could be a pen arm.

Thats why your responses are off. Overvaluing these players is pretty strange.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Dec 16, 2015 -> 09:37 PM)
Yep. And just two nights ago he proposed trading Rodon for Frazier. :o

:lol:

Can you find my actual post on Rodon for Frazier? I'll man up to it if I said it but my posts get turned around ALOT on here and I don't remember ever making a proposal for Frazier officially. Like fathom said if Ethier had also been in this deal I'd have been very happy with it. I just think we ALWAYS overpay.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Dec 16, 2015 -> 03:31 PM)
The only prospects of any consequence in either deal were Bassitt and Montas. Both of those are/worth the risks as at the time they were not in the top 2 pitching prospects in the system.

This right here is what drives me nuts about these deals.

"We gave up so little in this deal. All we gave up is a backup, RH hitting catcher, a right handed hitting infielder who needs work, and a right handed reliever". Then what do the White Sox need to sign the next season? A right handed hitting catcher, they trade for an infielder, and they're relying on a guy you have to worry about a little bit in their rotation as their only righty.

"But oh, the White Sox had soured on those guys" you say, well boo-hoo. The White Sox can't work with people, only other organizations can do that?

It's like reading that thread all over again. All we gave up is a reliever, the 2b we gave up was someone we had soured on, and the other guy was a platoon hitter. Good thing we won't have any need of those next year, just like we didn't need a catcher or an infielder this year.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Dec 16, 2015 -> 02:39 PM)
Cmon SoxPride, you know better than this. We made our big free agent signing a year ago. Melky. Sox cannot afford to sign any of those three guys.

I pray we sign Lexi right now and hope like heck Avi turns into mini Miggy like he was suppposed to.

I bet they can.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Dec 16, 2015 -> 09:40 PM)
Please stop, Greg.

Stop what? I'll make my posts less antagonistic on this if you think they are, but Sox aren't going to be abe to sign a Gordon or Upton or Cespedes. They don't have the $$ for that. If I'm wrong there, I'll be the biggest Hahn fan forever. Right now, I want Lexi and want Avi to turn into Little Miggy. What's wrong with that take? I'm just $aying a fan is dreaming if they think we can sign one of those 3.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 16, 2015 -> 09:41 PM)
Trayce cant hit, Michah cant field or stay healthy. Montas could be a pen arm.

Thats why your responses are off. Overvaluing these players is pretty strange.

Rock, you make your statements like they are 100 percent fact. I feel I've been reasonable in my assessment of what I see as an overpay. I already said I want Frazier and Sox need Frazier.

I could counter your first sentence with Trayce can field and he looked like a guy who could hit; Micah has always been considered a great prospect though his glove was thoroughly disappointing in his one stint with the Sox and Montas throws 100 and is supposed to be a certain big leaguer.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Dec 16, 2015 -> 02:39 PM)

I highly disagree. Sox were going to offer Samardzija a huge extension before last season.

Sox have 35 million coming off the books next season (LaRoche, Danks, Avila, Navarro), they can easily backload a deal to make it fit this season.

Example, the SF Giants are paying Samardzija 8 million this year and 18+ after that.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Dec 16, 2015 -> 02:45 PM)
Stop what? I'll make my posts less antagonistic on this if you think they are, but Sox aren't going to be abe to sign a Gordon or Upton or Cespedes. They don't have the $$ for that. If I'm wrong there, I'll be the biggest Hahn fan forever. Right now, I want Lexi and want Avi to turn into Little Miggy. What's wrong with that take? I'm just $aying a fan is dreaming if they think we can sign one of those 3.

Rock, you make your statements like they are 100 percent fact. I feel I've been reasonable in my assessment of what I see as an overpay. I already said I want Frazier and Sox need Frazier.

I could counter your first sentence with Trayce can field and he looked like a guy who could hit; Micah has always been considered a great prospect though his glove was thoroughly disappointing in his one stint with the Sox and Montas throws 100 and is supposed to be a certain big leaguer.

Are you sure you watched baseball? Everybody knows what Trayce and Micah were. Trayce was a guy with a big name and Micah was kind of a disappointment.

and for the 400th time

Major League Baseball Salary Cap

Infinite Dollars

On MLBNetwork during the interview with Todd they were making fun of him and Lawrie saying there is going to be no coffee in the break room at Spring Training. Todd says he's going to try and beat Lawrie in the energy department but that's going to be hard to do.

Sounded a little upset at the direction the Reds were going in. Said he was really excited to play for a baseball team that's excited to win.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Dec 16, 2015 -> 09:46 PM)
I highly disagree. Sox were going to offer Samardzija a huge extension before last season.

Sox have 35 million coming off the books next season (LaRoche, Danks, Avila, Navarro), they can easily backload a deal to make it fit this season.

Example, the SF Giants are paying Samardzija 8 million this year and 18+ after that.

Well if Hahn talks Jerry into signing Gordon or Upton, very cool. I don't see it but if you are right, they will sell a TON of season tickets now. Frazier, Lawrie, Upton/Gordon to go with Abreu on paper are some big bats for the tiny Cell.

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Dec 16, 2015 -> 02:47 PM)
Are you sure you watched baseball? Everybody knows what Trayce and Micah were. Trayce was a guy with a big name and Micah was kind of a disappointment.

and for the 400th time

Infinite Dollars

You overstate your No Salary Cap point. Teams operate within very real budget constraints whether there's a hard cap or not, I'm not sure why you pretend otherwise.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Dec 16, 2015 -> 02:49 PM)
Well if Hahn talks Jerry into signing Gordon or Upton, very cool. I don't see it but if you are right, they will sell a TON of season tickets now. Frazier, Lawrie, Upton/Gordon to go with Abreu on paper are some big bats for the tiny Cell.

I think the Frazier deal will sell a ton of tickets just to the casual fan. If they add Upton, this lineup might be the best in the AL (on paper) & sell a lot more tickets, including from me.

Edited by SoxPride18

QUOTE (shysocks @ Dec 16, 2015 -> 02:50 PM)
You overstate your No Salary Cap point. Teams operate within very real budget constraints whether there's a hard cap or not, I'm not sure why you pretend otherwise.

If the White Sox want a FA outfielder "not being able to afford it" isn't going to stop them. Period.

Reinsdorf has the money.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Dec 16, 2015 -> 02:46 PM)

The OF available next offseason aren't great either, unless you want a 36-year-old Bautista. If we're going to upgrade there through FA then do it now.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Dec 16, 2015 -> 02:45 PM)

Yes they are fact. Trayce never hit well in the minors and wont in the majors. He's Brian Anderson with a much worse bat. Micah cannot field, never really has and has looked horrible. He also has health issues. Montas could be a nice setup guy though.

You have two sub-level MLB guys maybe and a pen guy.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Dec 16, 2015 -> 02:52 PM)
The OF available next offseason aren't great either, unless you want a 36-year-old Bautista. If we're going to upgrade there through FA then do it now.

Exactly. The FA market next year is extremely thin. Sign Upton and don't use anymore assets to acquire a bat like CarGo.

Go out and spend the money on Upton.

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Dec 16, 2015 -> 09:47 PM)

and for the 400th time

Infinite Dollars

"Everybody?" There's a good chance Trayce and Micah will be playing major roles on big league teams this season.

I wanted Frazier. I got Frazier. But I don't know why I'm the bad guy for merely suggesting the Sox overpaid. Would you do the Shark trade all over again? I wouldn't.

I'm not anti Sox or anti Frazier. I WANTED Frazier. I could be wrong. Maybe it took all 3 of those specific names to get Frazier. Why say without a doubt, unequivocally, this is the greatest thing to ever take place? I'm thrilled we got Frazier and the Lawrie/Frazier duo figure to spice up the offensive potential of the infield so much. Add Lexi and I'd buy season tickets if I lived in Chicago. It'd be worth the risk that the team is a contender (with bounceback years from Melky, LaRoche, the new catcher duo crucial to playoffs).

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Dec 16, 2015 -> 02:51 PM)
If the White Sox want a FA outfielder "not being able to afford it" isn't going to stop them. Period.

Reinsdorf has the money.

Extend that - what if they want to sign Cespedes and Upton. No salary cap, Reinsdorf has the money, should be easy, right?