Sox Acquire All-Star 3B Todd Frazier from Reds in 3 team deal

Princess Dye

QUOTE (2005thxfrthmmrs @ Dec 16, 2015 -> 03:43 PM)
We added a potential middle of the lineup bat, but we still couldn't get on base to save our lives. Avi needs to go next, and hopefully we can nab an OF who could play defense and get on base (I know, easier said than done).

Alex Gordon says hello. I don't get why he hasn't been talked about more around here, but likely because most assume he'll go back to the Royals.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Dec 16, 2015 -> 03:47 PM)
Two guys aren't feasible. But it has to be one more.

Parra in addition to anther OF probably isn't in the "impossible" category. Its not like he is going to get a huge payday.

EDIT:

Although that's why Gordon makes the most sense, IMO. He plays great D and he bats LH. He would make Parra overkiill. Hell platoon Avi/Shuck in RF. But if you go the Cespedes/Upton route, another LH OF pieces makes sense.

Edited by ChiSox59

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Dec 16, 2015 -> 04:37 PM)
As long as EJ can continue to do his thing we have our top 4 lined up for a good while on team friendly deals. Could always find a 5th starter somewhere though it'd be great if Fulmer or Adams could be that guy.

I was talking long term front end type starter. Neither are going to be ready this year. This year the 4 and 5 are Johnson and Danks.

Aside from a luxury OF pick-up (Cespedes, Gordon, Upton), I think CWS needs to brings Alexei back, something like 3 years 15 M (still a useful backup in future), he wants to reitre on the South Side and still offers a plus glove and range with veteran leadership and a decent bat at best, hopefully when he returns from Cuba he returns in 2014 form and with an offer from CWS, Saladino offers more as utility...

On a side note, CWS really is depleting the system to compete now, I'd say CWS's only top 100 prospects now are Anderson (playoff addition in '16/starter in '17) and Fulmer (Middle rotation starter/closer potential), I'm fine with this though as the high draft pick and 3 in the top 50 will help replenish a competing team

A depth chart of:

C: Navarro, Avila

1B: Abreu, LaRoche

2B: Lawrie

3B:Frazier

SS: Alexei, Saladino

OF: Eaton, Cabrera, Cespedes, Garcia, Shuck

Rotation: Sale, Quintana, Rodon, Johnson, Danks

'Pen: Robertson, Duke, Jones, Jennings, Putnam, Webb, Petricka, Kahnle

Looks WS ready to me

QUOTE (ChiSoxJon @ Dec 16, 2015 -> 03:02 PM)
Aside from a luxury OF pick-up (Cespedes, Gordon, Upton), I think CWS needs to brings Alexei back, something like 3 years 15 M (still a useful backup in future), he wants to reitre on the South Side and still offers a plus glove and range with veteran leadership and a decent bat at best, hopefully when he returns from Cuba he returns in 2014 form and with an offer from CWS, Saladino offers more as utility...

On a side note, CWS really is depleting the system to compete now, I'd say CWS's only top 100 prospects now are Anderson (playoff addition in '16/starter in '17) and Fulmer (Middle rotation starter/closer potential), I'm fine with this though as the high draft pick and 3 in the top 50 will help replenish a competing team

A depth chart of:

Looks WS ready to me

Alexei isn't getting more than a 1 year deal or a 1 year deal with an option / buyout for year 2.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Dec 16, 2015 -> 05:04 PM)
Dodgers fans seem to think is the start of a bigger deal. Makes sense. Would love to get involved in a 3 way again with them and grab Puig.

Haven't the Sox already used their best trade chip sans Fulmer and Anderson? I don't know how getting Puig is realistic if Anderson and/or Fulmer aren't involved.

QUOTE (ChiSoxJon @ Dec 16, 2015 -> 05:02 PM)

A depth chart of:

Looks WS ready to me

Again, what part are the Sox depleting? There's still decent pitching prospects and 3 top 50 picks like you said. Position players? Yes, that's true, but look at the Cubs. They are currently the opposite. No pitchers in the minors but had a ton of position prospects. Maybe not as many now as most will be up with the team, but still....

QUOTE (Dunt @ Dec 17, 2015 -> 12:08 AM)
I should know better than to read these threads, nothing but unfounded negativity. I am absolutely fired up about this trade and there is more on the horizon. The Sox are gonna be nasty this season.

It's truly amazing to me how anyone could be down about this trade. Most who don't like it believe Trayce will turn into a superstar or that Frazier will turn into Josh Fields.

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 16, 2015 -> 03:09 PM)
It's truly amazing to me how anyone could be down about this trade. Most who don't like it believe Trayce will turn into a superstar or that Frazier will turn into Josh Fields.

If you look at the poll results, it is overwhelming in favor of the deal. 50+ in favor vs. 5 on the nay side.

QUOTE (Dunt @ Dec 16, 2015 -> 03:08 PM)
I should know better than to read these threads, nothing but unfounded negativity. I am absolutely fired up about this trade and there is more on the horizon. The Sox are gonna be nasty this season.

As an FYI, the poll (seperate thread) indicates that what you are seeing are the vast minority. Almost all of the posts are overwhelmingly positive. In fact, the poll has 50+ on board and just 5 nay's.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Dec 16, 2015 -> 05:04 PM)
Dodgers fans seem to think is the start of a bigger deal. Makes sense. Would love to get involved in a 3 way again with them and grab Puig.

Definitely a bigger deal to acquire Jose Fernandez imo. I wouldn't even know where to begin where we land Puig, Dodgers get Fernandez, and Miami gets prospects.

Dodgers get:

SP Jose Fernandez

White Sox get:

RF Yaseil Puig

Marlins get:

SP Julio Urias

SP Jose De Leon

OF Trayce Thompson

SP Tyler Danish

OF Avisail Garcia

I'm just spit balling here.