Sox Acquire All-Star 3B Todd Frazier from Reds in 3 team deal

Princess Dye

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 16, 2015 -> 12:18 PM)
No. We have added a solid and an above average baseball player, that said, both struggle at consistently getting on base. We need to address that and Cespedes just isn't near the OBP guy. I bet the Sox have Abreu spending a lot of time with Puig on this trip to Cuba. Maybe Alexei too (as I still think we bring him back at the right price). That said, org is very high on Saladino's defense @ SS.

I don't see the Sox trading for Puig after his offseason drama.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Frazier 3B, Saladino SS, Lawrie 2B. Going here alot of " strong arm " comments from Hawk because those are three pretty strong arms that will be throwing over to first.

Gonna miss Thompson and Montas but the SOX surely needed to upgrade 3B defensively and get a middle of the order bat. Hope Frazier can fulfill the expectations.

Hopefully the Sox can find a left handed bat for the outfield, preferably one that can play defense. I wonder what Blackmon would cost.

Edited by BlackSox13

QUOTE (flavum @ Dec 16, 2015 -> 12:13 PM)
Spiegel speculating Courtney Hawkins as a 4th outfielder this coming season.

Turns off radio...

lol, was just about to post this. The Score has always been a joke in terms of baseball coverage, but the shift to being the Cubs flagship station has made them unbearable.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 16, 2015 -> 12:15 PM)
Even if you assume he repeats those numbers, and doesn't benefit at all from not playing in Oakland again, his OPS is over 100 points greater than Carlos Sanchez who finished the season at 2B, and 130 points better than Micah Johson who started there.

I get that but I don't consider him a "big" addition or a major move that will impact the team. The A's basically gave him to the Sox.

Hate this deal for a lot of reasons.

1. Avi - Eaton - Melky OF is all but confirmed. Another year of negative WAR from both corners really make acquiring Lawrie and Frazier pointless. The only internal option that maybe makes a splash just got traded for...

2. The next player to come to the White Sox and collapse. Frazier is about to cross the 30 barrier and look at his 2nd half splits last year. Look at how bad he was. Hard time seeing him turning it around, especially with the Sox track record of aging sluggers.

3. We gave up 3 dynamic players. Thompson is a great defender, Micah has that speed, Montas has the big fastball. These guys were all set to the contribute in different, meaningful ways and instead the Sox dealt them for the same exact kind of player we've seen every offseason since 2005.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Dec 16, 2015 -> 12:21 PM)
lol, was just about to post this. The Score has always been a joke in terms of baseball coverage, but the shift to being the Cubs flagship station has made them unbearable.

Holy crap, they really said that? There are like 6 guys more likely than Hawkins. Yikes.

QUOTE (Charlie Haeger's Knuckles @ Dec 16, 2015 -> 01:21 PM)
I wonder if the homerun derby messed up his swing?

Possible, but he was also on fire during the first half so some of it may have been just "regression to the mean".

That said, we've played the game of "power guy has a down 2nd half right before we acquire him" before and had it work out poorly.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Dec 16, 2015 -> 12:18 PM)
Sox address pitching and outfield holes with acquisitions of Samardzija, Robertson, and Cabrera.

Sox address infield and outfield holes with acquisitions of Lawrie, Frazier, and (outfielder).

Deja vu. Hope it goes better this time. At least the Cubs have basically already "won the offseason", since that usually results in a sub .500 season.

The difference is money. The three from last year were FA. These are cost controlled trades. That's a big difference.

QUOTE (Alexeihyeess @ Dec 16, 2015 -> 12:23 PM)

1. Avi - Eaton - Melky OF is all but confirmed. Another year of negative WAR from both corners really make acquiring Lawrie and Frazier pointless. The only internal option that maybe makes a splash just got traded for...

2. The next player to come to the White Sox and collapse. Frazier is about to cross the 30 barrier and look at his 2nd half splits last year. Look at how bad he was. Hard time seeing him turning it around, especially with the Sox track record of aging sluggers.

3. We gave up 3 dynamic players. Thompson is a great defender, Micah has that speed, Montas has the big fastball. These guys were all set to the contribute in different, meaningful ways and instead the Sox dealt them for the same exact kind of player we've seen every offseason since 2005.

Please stop raining on our parade.

Thanks.

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Dec 16, 2015 -> 12:19 PM)
Agreed. It's refreshing for Hahn to sell high on a guy like Thompson instead of sitting on him until he's no longer a viable bargaining piece.

He's already 24 and sitting on him another year or two and he has little to no value as a 4th OF, they sold super high.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Dec 16, 2015 -> 10:24 AM)
Please stop raining on our parade.

Thanks.

I think point 1 is open for debate. If point 1 is true, than my opinion of this deal changes significantly. I can't argue points #2 and #3. #2 is entirely plausible and #3 is factual.

I see the exact opposite. I don't know how you add Lawrie and Frazier, but not another OF now.

1. Can the season play out first?

2. Can the season play out first?

3. Can the season play out first?