98 members have voted

1. 1. Pick one

• Justin Upton
    • Yoenis Cespedes

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (knightni @ Dec 18, 2015 -> 01:41 PM)
Avi's problem is that he extends himself too soon on pitches and loses potential power options on fastballs.

http://www.csnchicago.com/white-sox/white-...struggles-plate

I think he seems late on swings and basically shanks pitches to RF with no authority, no driving of the ball. It just kind of ends up out there.

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 18, 2015 -> 02:01 PM)
I know someone earlier mentioned the news that Holliday is getting reps at 1B now. To me, that's a great idea for the Cardinals. However, I think that instead of going after Gordon, they'll make a trade for Cargo

Very viable option, obviously the Rockies are gonna ask for pitching. Do the Cards have the pitching depth in the minors?

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Dec 18, 2015 -> 09:05 PM)
What does it mean that Holliday is getting time at 1B now? Is St. Louis having some kind of winter training camp?

I read something that said he's practicing grounders at a 1B wherever he's training, but it's a big deal because he refused to consider this in the past. Considering how bad his defense is and the available outfielders, it makes all the sense in the world (especially with his bad legs)

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 18, 2015 -> 02:01 PM)
I know someone earlier mentioned the news that Holliday is getting reps at 1B now. To me, that's a great idea for the Cardinals. However, I think that instead of going after Gordon, they'll make a trade for Cargo

Is that a good idea? I don't think they want to platoon Holliday and Adams