Hahn on the Score at 9:30AM

Kyyle23

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Dec 17, 2015 -> 09:56 AM)
Why do you say that? Didn't listen.

Question was something to the effect of...sure looks like you need to sign a RF, no? Hahn responded, "Yeah, it would appear that way."

They then went on to talk about Avi, Hahn saying he has a world of talent but hasn't tapped into it. Both the team and Avi know here he needs to improve. If he doesn't improve, they can replace him midseason if he hasn't been replaced already.

At least they're being more definitive moving on with players that are no longer part of the solution.

Viciedo, DeAza, Beckham, Conor, Ramirez, Flowers ... with Avi, Danks and LaRoche the next to be gone.

There was nothing worse than repeating the same tired recipe and expecting different results somehow to magically occur.

QUOTE (spiderman @ Dec 17, 2015 -> 04:31 PM)
He's not going to confirm much on the topic, but was there any sense they are still looking to add a significant bat and/or any other help via free agency?

Said they have to get creative, but to me he seemed pretty optimistic they could find a way.

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Dec 17, 2015 -> 10:34 AM)
It sounds like it's pretty much a given that we'll get one of the free agent outfielders. Hahn laughed it off, but he couldn't hide it.

I'm telling you, I wouldn't be shocked if we got TWO of the free agents. Either that, or sign one and trade for another.

Do you know if he was referring to referring to the Cespedes/Upton/Gordon group or the tier below them?

Either way, I'm happy that he plans to do something.

RaBBit has said it, Nightengale has said it, Levine has said it, etc. They are in on the top 3. Teams seem to be falling off in terms of potential suitors, so I think the Sox have a good chance of getting one.

I also would not mind seeing them end up with Parra, either. Good glove, not a power hitter but an overall good player that would be a sizable improvement over Avi at this point.

QUOTE (SoCalSox @ Dec 17, 2015 -> 10:47 AM)
RaBBit has said it, Nightengale has said it, Levine has said it, etc. They are in on the top 3. Teams seem to be falling off in terms of potential suitors, so I think the Sox have a good chance of getting one.

I also would not mind seeing them end up with Parra, either. Good glove, not a power hitter but an overall good player that would be a sizable improvement over Avi at this point.

I like him, but he doesn't fill the hole we have at clean up. I'm not satisfied with Frazier hitting there. I like him better at #5. The Sox need a power hitting, respectable OBP bat, behind Abreu. If they sign an outfielder, he should be that guy, not just "an overall good player". You can't get enough power and run production out of an outfield, made up of Melky, Eaton and Parra.

QUOTE (Lillian @ Dec 17, 2015 -> 10:59 AM)
I like him, but he doesn't fill the hole we have at clean up. I'm not satisfied with Frazier hitting there. I like him better at #5. The Sox need a power hitting, respectable OBP bat, behind Abreu. If they sign an outfielder, he should be that guy, not just "an overall good player". You can't get enough power and run production out of an outfield, made up of Melky, Eaton and Parra.

Why are you so adamant about having a high obp guy behind Abreu? Obviously you want high obp guys everywhere but it's much more important to have one in front of him as opposed to behind him.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Dec 17, 2015 -> 06:11 PM)
I'll listen later but wow sounds like an underwhelming interview. That station sucks. Always turns into a Cubs discussion and the guys sound so clueless.

Just seems like everyone on the station feels only way to be successful is via complete tanking/rebuilding.