Nate Jones re-signs with White Sox

Princess Dye

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Dec 18, 2015 -> 10:47 AM)
Nevermind I found it. Looks like they bought out 2 arb years and added 1 season of control. I like it.

Plus apparently multiple options are involved. Probably two team options, Hahn likes that structure. Maybe in the $5-$7 million range each?

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Dec 18, 2015 -> 10:50 AM)
I don't like this signing.

Hahahahaha, how could you possibly not like locking up a guy who can be an elite reliever when healthy to a 3 year deal (that buys out one FA year) at an AAV of $2.67M, with additional options years??? He very well may have beat those totals in arbitration next year if he is healthy this season.

GREAT, SMART MOVE. Good work, Rick.

Edited by ChiSox59

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 18, 2015 -> 10:57 AM)
i see what you did there

I did something? Just sayin', two major injuries in short amount of time. That was a lot of time and effort to come back from those injuries. And that amount of money won't cripple the Sox playroll. Good for him and his career.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Dec 18, 2015 -> 11:02 AM)
Hahahahaha, how could you possibly not like locking up a guy who can be an elite reliever when healthy to a 3 year deal (that buys out one FA year) at an AAV of $2.67M, with additional options years??? He very well may have beat those totals in arbitration next year if he is healthy this season.

GREAT, SMART MOVE. Good work, Rick.

He's already 29. It seems like power relievers like him decline around that age, or at least lose some of their velocity/pure stuff.

I hope I'm wrong, but I don't see Jones being as good as he was during the duration of this contract.

Jones will earn $900,000 in 2016, $1.9 million in 2017 and $3.95 million in 2018.

The White Sox hold club options for 2019 ($4.65 million) and 2020 ($5.15 million) with a mutual for 2021 ($6 million).

If either club option is declined, Jones would receive a $1.25-million buyout.

QUOTE (flavum @ Dec 18, 2015 -> 12:03 PM)
I did something? Just sayin', two major injuries in short amount of time. That was a lot of time and effort to come back from those injuries. And that amount of money won't cripple the Sox playroll. Good for him and his career.

He hurt his butt, remember?