Alex Gordon Thread

Dunt

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Dec 22, 2015 -> 12:44 PM)
If this happens, I'd rather have Garcia DH than LaRoche. He's the better hitter.

Ehhh, I'd bet LaRoche has a better year offensively than Garcia next year. But we'd be better off platooning them.

Edited by OmarComing25

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What this confirms is exactly what RaBBit has been saying. The Sox are in on these top OF'ers & are willing to give up that pick.

With that being said, signing Gordon to anything longer than 4 years would be a massive White Sox move & I wouldn't be overly happy with it.

He's a good player but close to 32 is not where I'd like to be at with a guy like him.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Dec 22, 2015 -> 12:46 PM)
Ehhh, I'd bet LaRoche has a better year offensively than Garcia next year. But we'd be better off platooning them.

I actually think LaRoche has a chance to be somewhat decent next year. At the least, I think we can expect him to be better than last year. It's hard to do worse.

QUOTE (Hatchetman @ Dec 22, 2015 -> 12:56 PM)
My only quibble is that it doesn't make sense to move a star fielder to a different position (RF). So then we have Melky in RF I guess. eeeeeeEEEEHHH....

I think you live with the pain of Melky in RF this year then hope that Jacob May can handle RF next season

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Dec 22, 2015 -> 01:22 PM)
May has a below average arm so I wouldn't count on him for RF. May reminds me alot of Juan Pierre, not that it's a bad thing.

Interested to hear how bad it is from any of the FutureSox guys. MLB.com says he could be a plus defender if he improves his routes to balls. I would take a plus defender with a mediocre arm.

QUOTE (Knackattack @ Dec 22, 2015 -> 01:31 PM)
Just move Gordon to RF, bat him 4th behind Abreu and in front of Frazier (that's a lot of 3 run bombs), find some insurance guys for the pen/rotation to battle it out in ST and call it an offseason.

Keep elite things elite!

QUOTE (staxx @ Dec 22, 2015 -> 12:14 PM)
I really believe that this is just smoke and mirrors for leverage on Cespedes/Upton. Gordon doesn't make sense for what we need.

Uhhhhh...he is EXACTLY what this team needs. Literally the only negative about him is that he's 32.