Alex Gordon Thread

Dunt

Meh, sounds more like hard-ball between KC and Gordon. Gordon wants to stay in KC but KC does not want to pay the FA market price so KC could be relying on Gordon's desire to stay in hopes he will eventually accept a "home town" discount.

I really think the Sox level of interest has been over blown by the local media.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Dec 27, 2015 -> 12:18 PM)
Meh, sounds more like hard-ball between KC and Gordon. Gordon wants to stay in KC but KC does not want to pay the FA market price so KC could be relying on Gordon's desire to stay in hopes he will eventually accept a "home town" discount.

I really think the Sox level of interest has been over blown by the local media.

It's not just local media. It's national writers saying Sox are interested.

Edited by WhiteSoxLifer

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 26, 2015 -> 07:08 PM)
Then it also made no sense for them to acquire several guys who pencil in as a FA in 2 seasons. Because if they're going to acquire that guy, they need to win the division this year, and the FA market next year doesn't set them up to fill in any holes that develop. If they can't field a competitive team this year (and they can't), then that move again sets them up for continued long-term failure.

I agree the Sox need to acquire the big bat this season. Even with Frazier and Lawrie we may be more competitive BUT they need that big bat now to win in 2016!

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Dec 27, 2015 -> 06:29 PM)
It's not just local media. It's national writers saying Sox are interested.

for me, and pls don't take this wrong, but i enjoy all the clatter of these so-called insight or rumors. it stimulates conversation. i enjoy reading all pov on anything to do with baseball, esp sox baseball.

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 27, 2015 -> 11:51 AM)
Not saying it's true, but if the Sox offer was straight up rejected and that's the end of the negotiations, then the Sox were likely just driving up the price all along.

If true and it is down to the big two, I sure hope that Sox extra aggressive on either Upton or Cespedes.

I just don't relish the idea of the Tigers getting Cespedes or Upton. That lineup would be really scary, if VMart comes back healthy:

Iglesias

Kinsler

M. Cabrera

V. Martinez

Cespedes/Upton

J. D. Martinez

Castellanos

Maybin

McCann

They could have 4 guys, 3 through 6, in the lineup, each drive in around 100 runs.

The Sox lineup without that big bat, would look pretty weak, by comparison. Just get past Abreu and Frazier, and the opposition could breeze through the rest of the line up. However, put Cespedes or Upton in the Sox lineup, especially if the Tigers don't add a big bat, and the picture is entirely different.

Edited by Lillian

QUOTE (Lillian @ Dec 27, 2015 -> 02:20 PM)
I just don't relish the idea of the Tigers getting Cespedes or Upton. That lineup would be really scary, if VMart comes back healthy:

Iglesias

Kinsler

M. Cabrera

V. Martinez

Cespedes/Upton

J. D. Martinez

Castellanos

Maybin

McCann

They could have 4 guys, 3 through 6, in the lineup, each drive in around 100 runs.

The Sox lineup without that big bat, would look pretty weak, by comparison. Just get past Abreu and Frazier, and the opposition could breeze through the rest of the line up. However, put Cespedes or Upton in the Sox lineup, especially if the Tigers don't add a big bat, and the picture is entirely different.

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/mlb/tige...cchia/77925514/

It's all going to come down to Verlander and Sanchez, imo.

And to the posters defense we don't know the guy on Twitter from shinola, he very we'll could be Gordon's real estate Agent. Who knows but I'm not going to get worked up until we know that he has signed elsewhere. But after a long weekend of thinking it probably hinders our chances a little since he had basically 5 days to think, if the offer was indeed made. Which I doubt seeing Bucket said we would make an offer Monday.

I just hope we are aggressively pursuing all three fronts, at the very least. I'll be disappointed if we are unable to sign atleast one of the three with how long the market has dragged out.

Edited by Frank_Thomas35

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Dec 28, 2015 -> 12:51 AM)
And to the posters defense we don't know the guy on Twitter from shinola, he very we'll could be Gordon's real estate Agent. Who knows but I'm not going to get worked up until we know that he has signed elsewhere. But after a long weekend of thinking it probably hinders our chances a little since he had basically 5 days to think, if the offer was indeed made. Which I doubt seeing Bucket said we would make an offer Monday.

I just hope we are aggressively pursuing all three fronts, at the very least. I'll be disappointed if we are unable to sign atleast one of the three with how long the market has dragged out.

same here, i just hope it isn't nothing but lip service .....

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Dec 28, 2015 -> 02:31 AM)
Supposedly the Cardinals are posturing that they prefer the trade route (for the moment), specifically one of the three Rockies' outfielders (CarGo/Blackmon/Dickerson).

the cards have the assets to pull it off. dang, i wonder if they would like melky???

i really like 3 of their minors who are positional players and none in the top 5.... b/c those players are the ones that are usually untouchables.