Alex Gordon Thread

Dunt

QUOTE (ron883 @ Dec 25, 2015 -> 02:01 PM)
Hahn needs to send a message to sox fans. He needs to show his dedication to the job by making a Christmas Day trade. He needs to show he has stones to make a move like that. Sign Upton or Gordon today, you win my respect. A Christmas signing is cold blooded.

Lol wut?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ron883 @ Dec 25, 2015 -> 01:01 PM)
Hahn needs to send a message to sox fans. He needs to show his dedication to the job by making a Christmas Day trade. He needs to show he has stones to make a move like that. Sign Upton or Gordon today, you win my respect. A Christmas signing is cold blooded.

Rick Hahn not going do this on Christmas.

QUOTE (ron883 @ Dec 25, 2015 -> 01:01 PM)

grinch%20small%20heart.JPG

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 25, 2015 -> 01:07 PM)
Showing you are cold blooded by forcing people to work on a religious holiday and time with family would really gain my respect. Family is weakness.

Lol, nice! Screw family and the fact it's a holiday! Just give the fans what they want because, after all it's all about them! I mean, WTF else does Hahn and these free agents have better to do today anyway? Selfish f***s! Crack the whip Hahn! :lol:

Edited by BlackSox13

QUOTE (peavy44 @ Dec 25, 2015 -> 01:41 PM)
Rabbit already said Gordon signing will drag into January.

Well were making him a offer on Monday per bucket, so we'll see. Also I feel like bucket hinted he's rabbits source. But could have been me reading too far into things.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Dec 25, 2015 -> 01:44 PM)
Well were making him a offer on Monday per bucket, so we'll see. Also I feel like bucket hinted he's rabbits source. But could have been me reading too far into things.

I have a feeling gordon going to wait for 5 years and most money.

QUOTE (peavy44 @ Dec 25, 2015 -> 11:59 AM)
I have a feeling gordon going to wait for 5 years and most money.

Waiting time is about over for these guys. I'm sure he's been holding out for a 5th year but everything I can tell, says that he has a limited market.

We've got basically 7-8 weeks until ST starts, these guys need to sign soon & teams know that.

The longer these guys wait, the lower their price goes but in turn, the more suitors they'll have with a cheaper price.

If Gordon wants $100 million on a 5 year contract, I hope that the Sox are able to nudge KC to spend enough to get him to stay there, and Hahn moves on to someone else. We have all acknowledged that KC is going to be in a financial bind, with so many of their core players entering free agency.

The Sox window appears to be 2 years. Obligating themselves to a 5 year deal at that kind of money, for a guy his age, doesn't seem consistent with the rest of their moves.

Edited by Lillian

QUOTE (SoCalSox @ Dec 25, 2015 -> 02:05 PM)
Waiting time is about over for these guys. I'm sure he's been holding out for a 5th year but everything I can tell, says that he has a limited market.

We've got basically 7-8 weeks until ST starts, these guys need to sign soon & teams know that.

The longer these guys wait, the lower their price goes but in turn, the more suitors they'll have with a cheaper price.

If prices are lower then alot more teams jump in like cards angels orioles.

QUOTE (Lillian @ Dec 25, 2015 -> 02:09 PM)
If Gordon wants $100 million on a 5 year contract, I hope that the Sox are able to nudge KC to spend enough to get him to stay there, and Hahn moves on to someone else. We have all acknowledged that KC is going to be in a financial bind, with so many of their core players entering free agency.

The Sox window appears to be 2 years. Obligating themselves to a 5 year deal at that kind of money, for a guy his age, doesn't seem consistent with the rest of their moves.

Would u spend 125 milion on Cespedes.

Could not agree more Lillian.

QUOTE (peavy44 @ Dec 25, 2015 -> 02:12 PM)
If prices are lower then alot more teams jump in like cards angels orioles.

Let em. There's plenty of available outfielders to go around.

Why is our window 2 years? Our three key starters, Abreu, & Eaton are all under contact for 4+ years.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Dec 25, 2015 -> 07:27 PM)
Yeah 4 years is all I want him at. He's not my preference of the 3 but an obvious upgrade defensively and offensively anyway.

i too can live with gordon if i have too. i have the feeling of a minn of 2 or 3 yr b/c i think he wants a 1 yr or 6 yr. 1 yr and loose a draft pick, too expensive. however i am soooo excited at the sox spending money and positioning themselves to what may or may not come.... but they are trying and going for the gusto ..... to make a game of it for themselves and the fans. i just hope the fans will appreciate this and get game tickets.

but this is my complete thought process and wish.

sign cespedes for leftfield

sign span for rf/cf for a 1 yr to rebuild his value. or the next best option, that the FO feels that can help.

eaton in rf.

really need another sp ..... i do not trust the danks / ej slot for the whole season. esp when there is no viable backup sp.

kemp for dh in a trade for salary dump.

melky.... trade if able or not, do not do the kemp move.

get alexei for ss,

get the cuban fans esp with cuba opening up, and make a bid for the young 16 cuban phenom and have alexei, jose a and cesp to go for the showcase and do a pr move for him and any other youngster in the off season.

QUOTE (LDF @ Dec 25, 2015 -> 02:35 PM)
i too can live with gordon if i have too. i have the feeling of a minn of 2 or 3 yr b/c i think he wants a 1 yr or 6 yr. 1 yr and loose a draft pick, too expensive. however i am soooo excited at the sox spending money and positioning themselves to what may or may not come.... but they are trying and going for the gusto ..... to make a game of it for themselves and the fans. i just hope the fans will appreciate this and get game tickets.

but this is my complete thought process and wish.

sign cespedes for leftfield

sign span for rf/cf for a 1 yr to rebuild his value. or the next best option, that the FO feels that can help.

eaton in rf.

really need another sp ..... i do not trust the danks / ej slot for the whole season. esp when there is no viable backup sp.

kemp for dh in a trade for salary dump.

melky.... trade if able or not, do not do the kemp move.

get alexei for ss,

get the cuban fans esp with cuba opening up, and make a bid for the young 16 cuban phenom and have alexei, jose a and cesp to go for the showcase and do a pr move for him and any other youngster in the off season.

I doubt gordon gets 6 yr deal maybe 4-5.

QUOTE (spiderman @ Dec 25, 2015 -> 09:44 PM)
24 million per year for Gordon? It may not even take 20 if the market for these OF'S is moving the way it's been rumored to be going.

i am just stating the 5 yr at 20 is 100, 4 at 24 will 96 mil, he might just be happy with that.,...

QUOTE (peavy44 @ Dec 25, 2015 -> 08:47 PM)
If gordon getting 24 then Cespedes getting 28 million per year.

i am just a fan with a little tipsy with holiday cheer.

but the whole fa signing and the value has thrown me all out of wack here. what is a "too much" offer, i do not know.