2016 Catch All Thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 12, 2016 -> 05:24 AM)
One of my good friends lost his battle with cancer last night. He was 34. I really really hate that disease. I'll vote for the first candidate that wants to carpet bomb cancer.

Terrible. So young. My condolences to you and his family.

A little late but last week the Toronto Maple Leafs unveiled their new logo and I designed it. It was a very crazy and surreal week to say the least. Probably my biggest accomplishment as a designer although the two locker room graphics for the last 2 Blackhawks Stanley Cup wins come pretty close too.

QUOTE (MEANS @ Feb 12, 2016 -> 08:01 AM)
A little late but last week the Toronto Maple Leafs unveiled their new logo and I designed it. It was a very crazy and surreal week to say the least. Probably my biggest accomplishment as a designer although the two locker room graphics for the last 2 Blackhawks Stanley Cup wins come pretty close too.

That is badass.

QUOTE (MEANS @ Feb 12, 2016 -> 10:01 AM)

I saw that on TV. Looks good! Nice work

Awesome! The design is awesome, simple yet dignified, and has gotten a great reception. Congrats!

QUOTE (MEANS @ Feb 12, 2016 -> 08:01 AM)

Wow! What an opportunity and accomplishment! Congrats!

Wow, that's awesome.

Very cool That is one of the iconic logos in sports.

Wow. That's awesome.

Got a replacement Sirius radio installed on my car yesterday. I needed a new one because the old one stopped working a while back. I was gonna cancel but they offered to send me a new radio for free included with a $100 one year subscription so I took that. So I had to call to get the new radio activated. It took 10 minutes for the customer service representative to get the idea that I did not need or want to bundle this with a new package or purchase this or that. It was frustrating. Finally, she got it and then this interchange occurred.

Sirius: Oh, so you just want to swap out your old radio for this new one?

Me: Yes.

Sirius: Ok, there is a $15 flat service fee to do that. Is that okay with you?

Me: No.

Sirius: Oh. . Ok, I will waive that fee for you.

I wish you could do that with everything :lol:

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Feb 22, 2016 -> 09:35 AM)
Got a replacement Sirius radio installed on my car yesterday. I needed a new one because the old one stopped working a while back. I was gonna cancel but they offered to send me a new radio for free included with a $100 one year subscription so I took that. So I had to call to get the new radio activated. It took 10 minutes for the customer service representative to get the idea that I did not need or want to bundle this with a new package or purchase this or that. It was frustrating. Finally, she got it and then this interchange occurred.

Sirius: Oh, so you just want to swap out your old radio for this new one?

Me: Yes.

Sirius: Ok, there is a $15 flat service fee to do that. Is that okay with you?

Me: No.

Sirius: Oh. . Ok, I will waive that fee for you.

I wish you could do that with everything :lol:

They're pretty awesome when it comes to discounts. They know anything they get you to pay is gravy. I keep re-upping for 6 month subscriptions for $24.99. I'll call and say I want to cancel, they'll offer me some deal like $99.99 for a year. I'm like, um, how about $25 for 6 months? "Let me look....yep, I can do that for you."

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Feb 23, 2016 -> 01:06 PM)
They're pretty awesome when it comes to discounts. They know anything they get you to pay is gravy. I keep re-upping for 6 month subscriptions for $24.99. I'll call and say I want to cancel, they'll offer me some deal like $99.99 for a year. I'm like, um, how about $25 for 6 months? "Let me look....yep, I can do that for you."

When I cancelled I believe their final offer was 5 months for $20. I almost took the deal but hate the idea of going through the hassle of calling them every 6 months to get them to lower the price again.

$55 Million for Erin Andrews from Marriott in her stalking case seem like a little too much to me. I feel bad for her, but I don't think she had $55M worth of damage done to her. I also don't see what Marriott could have done to stop it from happening.

Andrews is the victim. Her stalker is the perpetrator. So, how is the hotel on the hook for $55M?

QUOTE (Middle Buffalo @ Mar 8, 2016 -> 07:04 AM)
$55 Million for Erin Andrews from Marriott in her stalking case seem like a little too much to me. I feel bad for her, but I don't think she had $55M worth of damage done to her. I also don't see what Marriott could have done to stop it from happening.

Andrews is the victim. Her stalker is the perpetrator. So, how is the hotel on the hook for $55M?

Well, they could have not given him her room number, and then given him the room next to hers.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 8, 2016 -> 06:06 AM)
Well, they could have not given him her room number, and then given him the room next to hers.

I think he got the room number by getting connected to her room from a house phone that displayed the room number when connected. Then he requested the room next to her.

I'm not saying the Marriott is devoid of guilt or negligence, but is it $55M worth? Did she actually suffer $55M worth of damage?

I actually have personal experience with a neighbor stalking my family, and it is not a good feeling. I won't bore with all the details, but my neighbor made it a point to be in our lives over a number of years. It was unavoidable because our kids were basically the same age, so we'd see him at sporting events, school, etc. It made so much of our lives less enjoyable. We eventually had to get an injunction against him because it really affected my wife when he was around. And, he was relentless. Even after the injunction, he always pushed it to the threshold of harassment. Finally, we just decided to move - losing a sizable amount of money in the process.

So, I truly feel bad for Andrews. I understand that she won't be comfortable in certain places for a long time, maybe never. Sometimes, though, I have a hard time wrapping my head around large damage settlements.