2016 Catch All Thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 12, 2016 -> 01:32 PM)
Well its officially official, baby #2 on its way

You are an insane (and lucky) man. Birdie is 15 months now and we're out and about and doing awesome things and she's running around. I couldn't imagine hitting the reset button on caring for a newb. To each his own, go get em!

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 17, 2016 -> 07:56 AM)
You are an insane (and lucky) man. Birdie is 15 months now and we're out and about and doing awesome things and she's running around. I couldn't imagine hitting the reset button on caring for a newb. To each his own, go get em!

You're in the golden era. 12-24 months. They're cute, learning and exploring new things. Then they find themselves and start to become more independent. The "no's" start. Tantrums start. Then you start dreaming about having a little baby/toddler again. Just wait.

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ May 17, 2016 -> 08:10 AM)
You're in the golden era. 12-24 months. They're cute, learning and exploring new things. Then they find themselves and start to become more independent. The "no's" start. Tantrums start. Then you start dreaming about having a little baby/toddler again. Just wait.

This is what I continue to hear.

She's so :wub: :wub: :wub: .

Anyone ever done an out of state move with a moving company before?

I want to have someone move my stuff to the Chicago area in early June, store it, then move it into the City when I get the keys to my new place July 1.

I've just begun looking but not even sure where to start. Get a Minneapolis company to do the first leg? Get a Chicago company to come up here and grab it? I'm leaning toward the latter because then it's more likely they could store it for me then move it into the City. I'd rather just deal with one company.

Edited by farmteam

QUOTE (farmteam @ May 19, 2016 -> 07:30 PM)
Anyone ever done an out of state move with a moving company before?

I want to have someone move my stuff to the Chicago area in early June, store it, then move it into the City when I get the keys to my new place July 1.

I've just begun looking but not even sure where to start. Get a Minneapolis company to do the first leg? Get a Chicago company to come up here and grab it? I'm leaning toward the latter because then it's more likely they could store it for me then move it into the City. I'd rather just deal with one company.

It's all about how much you are willing to pay. You may consider a rental truck that you keep for three weeks, thus storing your stuff instead of loading, unloading, loading, unloading. We did our own packing then had movers come and load and unload. We saved a couple thousands dollars but more important to us is we knew the packing was done right.

What a student just basically told me

"I turned in an assignment that was four months late THREE HOURS ago and my grade STILL HASN'T CHANGED!!"

"I'll get right on that" If only they understood the green in my voice.

QUOTE (Tex @ May 20, 2016 -> 03:18 PM)
What a student just basically told me

"I turned in an assignment that was four months late THREE HOURS ago and my grade STILL HASN'T CHANGED!!"

"I'll get right on that" If only they understood the green in my voice.

Fours months late? How much change in the grade is there going to be 0% to 1%?

Edit: change the grade in 4 months, Tex

Edited by CrimsonWeltall

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ May 20, 2016 -> 10:33 AM)
Fours months late? How much change in the grade is there going to be 0% to 1%?

Edit: change the grade in 4 months, Tex

Moved the kid from a 31 for the marking period to a 70. It was the major grade for the marking period. I do not take off points for being late, my focus is on the lesson and the student learning the material.

Today's lesson for my AP English students, analysis of Bob Dylan's All Along the Watchtower. I'll be playing the Hendrix cover mostly. Final four days of class.