2016 Catch All Thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We just switched over to a new travel agency for work. I want to book an 8AM nonstop to Oakland from Midway on SWA. The "least cost logical" flight according to them is a Delta flight out of Ohare that has 2 stops and will take 14+ hours of travel time, but it's $60 cheaper!

lol nope

eta: the kicker is that our customers pay for our travel expenses as part of our contracts anyway

Edited by StrangeSox

So my baby boy #2 came last week. The first 2-3 nights were instant reminders of how much getting up every hour sucked. But since then, this guy is only getting up once every 2-3 hours. Last night my wife fed him at 11:30, he got up at 2:30 and ate again and then didn't get up until we woke him up at 6:45. *knocks on wood* Hopefully the good luck continues!

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Jun 16, 2016 -> 12:56 PM)
So my baby boy #2 came last week. The first 2-3 nights were instant reminders of how much getting up every hour sucked. But since then, this guy is only getting up once every 2-3 hours. Last night my wife fed him at 11:30, he got up at 2:30 and ate again and then didn't get up until we woke him up at 6:45. *knocks on wood* Hopefully the good luck continues!

Congrats and good luck!

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Jun 16, 2016 -> 12:56 PM)

Congratulations. Our 10 month old grandson came to visit yesterday while mom and dad worked. I forgot how exhausting a kid can be. Plus he wasn't feeling well.

QUOTE (Middle Buffalo @ Jun 17, 2016 -> 12:47 PM)
I don't trust people who don't swing their arms at all when they walk. It just looks weird.

I played basketball in high school with a guy who clawed at the air when he ran. Almost like he was swimming. He was very slow, I guess he thought using his arms and hands might increase his speed.

QUOTE (Tex @ Jun 17, 2016 -> 12:38 PM)
I played basketball in high school with a guy who clawed at the air when he ran. Almost like he was swimming. He was very slow, I guess he thought using his arms and hands might increase his speed.

I used to play pickup with a guy who was around 6'9", and he ran with his arms tucked to his sides and his hands up near his armpits. We called him T-Rex.

QUOTE (Middle Buffalo @ Jun 17, 2016 -> 04:13 PM)
I used to play pickup with a guy who was around 6'9", and he ran with his arms tucked to his sides and his hands up near his armpits. We called him T-Rex.

:lol:

This guys fingers would point down. I can still see it.

Humblebraggin

Last night while at the gym I noticed these two attractive girls probably in their late 20's that kept on looking at me. I am married so I don't much find myself paying attention to girls as much anymore LOL but they kept on doing it. One of the girls smiled and I was like "Oh s***" she thinks I am really looking to check her out. Finally they come over to workout across from me all smiles and as they were about to sit down on one of the machines and one of them was whispering the other "he has a ring" and they got up and almost ran away from me. Weird moment but damn it felt good to know I still got it. LOL I almost wanted to go staright home to brag to my wife but she wouldnt believe me anyway.

QUOTE (shipps @ Jun 21, 2016 -> 10:33 AM)
Humblebraggin

Last night while at the gym I noticed these two attractive girls probably in their late 20's that kept on looking at me. I am married so I don't much find myself paying attention to girls as much anymore LOL but they kept on doing it. One of the girls smiled and I was like "Oh s***" she thinks I am really looking to check her out. Finally they come over to workout across from me all smiles and as they were about to sit down on one of the machines and one of them was whispering the other "he has a ring" and they got up and almost ran away from me. Weird moment but damn it felt good to know I still got it. LOL I almost wanted to go staright home to brag to my wife but she wouldnt believe me anyway.

Sounds a lot like the moment I had this weekend...you just weren't aware that your fly was down.

I was walking on father's day at an outdoor mall with my son (my wife and daughter were in another store) and I noticed that 3 straight sets of girls were all looking at me. After the 1st one, I sent a text to my wife to give her a hard time, than all of a sudden a 2nd and 3rd set of girls are giving me the eye as well. At this point I figured something must be up and I look down and my 14 month old is busting moves in the stroller to the music that is playing.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 21, 2016 -> 12:55 PM)
Sounds a lot like the moment I had this weekend...you just weren't aware that your fly was down.

I was walking on father's day at an outdoor mall with my son (my wife and daughter were in another store) and I noticed that 3 straight sets of girls were all looking at me. After the 1st one, I sent a text to my wife to give her a hard time, than all of a sudden a 2nd and 3rd set of girls are giving me the eye as well. At this point I figured something must be up and I look down and my 14 month old is busting moves in the stroller to the music that is playing.

:lol: awesome

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 21, 2016 -> 12:55 PM)

LMAO Thought you were the s*** too.

So I didn't know rabbits dug. I didn't really give a s*** that they were eating in my garden but they ruined my new lawn in the 2 days I was in north carolina. 4 gigantic noticeable holes. I saw it this morning and threw an apple at it. I don't know if that solves the problem. Looking up bulk urine sales now.

I know that pretty much the entire organization should be fired but I was looking at the beginning of the game and whoever is responsible for cleaning the uniforms should keep his job.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 24, 2016 -> 08:24 PM)
Peppa Pig is getting close to Calliou in the worst kids TV show ever rankings.

My daughter hasn't watched those shows yet, or at least, hasn't asked to watch them. However, Bubble Guppies is playing 95% of the time in our living room.

So...attended first Sox game of year yesterday (winner!!) and wife got tickets right near right field foul pole. We were right behind the sports bar and i was wondering if anyone knew the price for the seats on the patio above??? i looked at a couple places online and their seating charts just say 'sports bar patio'. Were those seats available to anyone in the bar??? I did notice they had designations (D1, D2, D3) so i assume they needed actual tickets but can't find info???