2016 Catch All Thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (smalls2598 @ Jun 27, 2016 -> 11:50 AM)
My daughter hasn't watched those shows yet, or at least, hasn't asked to watch them. However, Bubble Guppies is playing 95% of the time in our living room.

Yeah Bubble Guppies is the show of choice right now in our household. Just had a bday party for my three year old this past weekend that was Bubble Guppie themed. I am pretty much seeing these things in my sleep at this point.

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (juddling @ Jun 27, 2016 -> 12:03 PM)
So...attended first Sox game of year yesterday (winner!!) and wife got tickets right near right field foul pole. We were right behind the sports bar and i was wondering if anyone knew the price for the seats on the patio above??? i looked at a couple places online and their seating charts just say 'sports bar patio'. Were those seats available to anyone in the bar??? I did notice they had designations (D1, D2, D3) so i assume they needed actual tickets but can't find info???

I haven't been there in a while, but from what I remember, the downstairs benches are free to the first to arrive, and you have to pay to sit at the 2nd level benches. It's first come first serve and they sell tickets in the bullpen bar. When I went, the lady in the back of the bar selling frozen drinks was the person selling the wristbands for the tables. I forget how much they cost though.

Edited by SexiAlexei

QUOTE (SexiAlexei @ Jun 27, 2016 -> 12:16 PM)
I haven't been there in a while, but from what I remember, the downstairs benches are free to the first to arrive, and you have to pay to sit at the 2nd level benches. It's first come first serve and they sell tickets in the bullpen bar. When I went, the lady in the back of the bar selling frozen drinks was the person selling the wristbands for the tables. I forget how much they cost though.

I think they're $15 per seat. Obviously you'd wanna be sitting there the whole game, so arriving to a game early holding cheap upper deck seats and "exchanging" them for the BP Sports Bar seats is a good strategy.

On set today, putting away some stingers (extension cords). I'm exhausted and wearing a UC Santa Cruz Banana Slugs shirt. I'm just trying to leave, not paying attention and I hear someone say 'royale with cheese'. I look up and it was Michael Bay, in full glory with backwards hat and sunglasses, walking past me. Pretty cool moment and now we're watching The Rock to commemorate what happened.

Does anyone know of a way to download videos from Netflix or Amazon Prime? I'm going to Europe next week and would love to pass some time catching up on some shows that otherwise can't stream over a planes Wi-Fi. Not sure if this is even possible though.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 24, 2016 -> 08:24 PM)
Peppa Pig is getting close to Calliou in the worst kids TV show ever rankings.

My daughter only watches Peppa Pig.......I actually don't mind it.

You can't beat 5 minute episodes.

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Jul 5, 2016 -> 01:11 PM)
Yep, no problem. Unfortunately Amazon only has a few series that are worth watching. But it's nice to get through a season of a show on a plane ride or two.

They have a decent list:

Classic HBO shows (I've watched Sopranos and Rome on there as I like their platform more than HBONow)

Justified

Mr. Robot

Those are among the ones I've watched recently and are just coming to my head immediately.

The wife and I are kicking around the idea of moving back to MI towards the end of the year. Denver housing market has just gotten to the point where I don't even want to try and buy a house here and rent is out of control too. Buying a house in MI is part of the appeal, as well as my entire family living there...only problem is I work on commission, and for a lender to include my commission as income, I need to be with the company for at least 2 years. Since I have been established with my current company for over 4 years I was curious if it's possible to buy a house in MI in the next 6 months before we move out there, while using my current job and income...Does anyone know anything about this?

I get the feeling it won't work since I'm assuming I will need to prove what my income will be in MI, but what if I bought the house as a second home and didn't tell the lender the plan is for me to move there instead of using it as a second home? Any insight from anyone else that works in sales or is a lender?

QUOTE (kevo880 @ Jul 6, 2016 -> 05:04 PM)
The wife and I are kicking around the idea of moving back to MI towards the end of the year. Denver housing market has just gotten to the point where I don't even want to try and buy a house here and rent is out of control too. Buying a house in MI is part of the appeal, as well as my entire family living there...only problem is I work on commission, and for a lender to include my commission as income, I need to be with the company for at least 2 years. Since I have been established with my current company for over 4 years I was curious if it's possible to buy a house in MI in the next 6 months before we move out there, while using my current job and income...Does anyone know anything about this?

I get the feeling it won't work since I'm assuming I will need to prove what my income will be in MI, but what if I bought the house as a second home and didn't tell the lender the plan is for me to move there instead of using it as a second home? Any insight from anyone else that works in sales or is a lender?

I don't see why a bank lending you money cares where you earn that money.

I think the potential issue he's worried about is that he'd be changing jobs and his commissions from his new job technically wouldn't count towards his income if he were to apply for a loan after switching.

I don't know if it's an issue, but it's not like the bank would or could do anything if I were to lose my job tomorrow and then got a new one with substantially lower income than what I originally qualified with. So long as I'm making my payments, I don't think they'd care (or even know).

Thanks for the replies. The only issue with buying months before moving is we don't know exactly where we want to live. Looking mainly where my family is in Berrien County or Grand Rapids...

My wife is trying to talk me into driving to New Jersey to pick up our son like this is anything but a big ass chore, trying to sell me on it like it'll be a productive use of time. I'm having a hard time pretending to be interested.

QUOTE (Ezio Auditore @ Jul 11, 2016 -> 09:54 AM)
My wife is trying to talk me into driving to New Jersey to pick up our son like this is anything but a big ass chore, trying to sell me on it like it'll be a productive use of time. I'm having a hard time pretending to be interested.

:huh:

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 11, 2016 -> 10:56 AM)
:huh:

I mean it's not like he's there now, and I'm talking about just leaving him there, lol. She wants to have family take him up there for like 2 days then we go get him. And then all day Sunday will be driving there to get him and coming back. No thank you.