2016 Catch All Thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 9, 2016 -> 08:03 PM)
Should be the owners upstairs that pay and then your landlord IMO

It's an apartment complex, no landlords, so they are responsible because they are remodeling the apartment above me for new movers. No one is living there now.

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (raBBit @ Sep 19, 2016 -> 10:06 PM)
I've lived in the same place for what will be two years on Black Wednesday. It's in the Loop. I have never had an issue with cellphone service here or really anywhere other than deep in the forrest preserve. I have Verizon. These past two weeks I have not been able to hold a call without going out on the balcony. I can't even connect to call someone from my bed. Very annoying. Has anyone else dealt with anything like this?

SIM card could be failing. I'd take it to the Verizon store.

My phone had spotty service at best sometimes in NYC of all places. SIM problem.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Sep 19, 2016 -> 10:06 PM)
I've lived in the same place for what will be two years on Black Wednesday. It's in the Loop. I have never had an issue with cellphone service here or really anywhere other than deep in the forrest preserve. I have Verizon. These past two weeks I have not been able to hold a call without going out on the balcony. I can't even connect to call someone from my bed. Very annoying. Has anyone else dealt with anything like this?

Yes, my phone has been doing this a lot lately. I did a factory reset and restore and it helped a bit but it still sucks. I am going to go in and replace it when I have a minute

QUOTE (Middle Buffalo @ Oct 2, 2016 -> 07:11 PM)
I went to Walmart today (a place I try to avoid), and I know it's a cliche, but oh, the humanity.

I went to one a little further out on North Ave because I just happened to be over there and if anyone remembers the old K-Marts, thats what it looked like. Its almost as if people take things off shelves or racks and just throw them on the floor. Open bags of chips everywhere, pop on the floor. Disgusting place.

My 9 year old Golden is undergoing life saving surgery tomorrow for tumors that have ruptured on his spleen. This is all incredibly sudden and devastating. I know he's but a dog but he means the world to me, please send good vibes.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Oct 5, 2016 -> 04:31 PM)
My 9 year old Golden is undergoing life saving surgery tomorrow for tumors that have ruptured on his spleen. This is all incredibly sudden and devastating. I know he's but a dog but he means the world to me, please send good vibes.

Wishing you and your golden all the best!!!

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Oct 5, 2016 -> 06:31 PM)

Ugh. Best of luck. 9 is too young.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Oct 5, 2016 -> 04:31 PM)

He's not "just a dog." He's a family member, a protector, your best friend.

My dogs mean the world to me.

Keep us posted.

Kalapse, nothing but good vibes going to your dog and you buddy.

Good luck to your pooch!

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Oct 6, 2016 -> 09:58 AM)
Man the street parking around my condo building can be insane, I've see parked cars get slammed before but this is a whole new level:

Happened on the street right behind my condo

Tow trucks are the worst. They are all trying to scamper to the next job and they dont care if they run over people in process. I have seen them run red lights, go across four lanes of traffic on the ryan...anything to get to the job the fastest.