2016 Democratic Thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 15, 2016 -> 09:57 PM)
Yes but if its Hillary vs Trump, the young will vote for Hillary. She's trending MUCH better with people under 30 than Trump, especially minorities.

If young people aren't actually excited, they're probably just not voting.

QUOTE (bmags @ Mar 15, 2016 -> 08:14 PM)
Feel comfortable saying Foxx wins. So happy. She's exactly what's needed.

Winning easily. 58-29 with 82% reporting.

I've heard a lot of good things about Foxx. Daniel Biss endorsed her. That goes a long way for me.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Mar 15, 2016 -> 11:58 PM)
Yes it can for them.

Who are you to tell people what to do with their vote?

Oh, they 100% can. But these are the same people who kept going on long winded rants about "you can't complain if you don't vote."

And to be fair to them, I'm in a different place as someone that likes qualities in both Bernie and Hillary.

Well, after tonight, Hillary's about wrapped it up. The nomination is hers. Congrats to her. I never thought I'd see the day two Clintons were presidents. Please please remember Greg's prediction about Chelsea in nine years. She's actually gonna be in her late 40s when mom is done with the oval office.

Hillary's gonna get 8 years to put her stamp on the USA. Let's hope it's not the demise of the USA. And the difficult part for her was beating out Bernie. She's going to win almost every state against Trump. I mean, cmon, this was all a weird sideshow. I bet even Trump is happy he's assured Hillary the presidency. In the past he wasn't exactly a Hillary hater.

To those of you who wanted Hillary, I'd feel better if you'd give me some reasons our country isn't going to fall apart in the next eight years, actually the next 16 with Hillary followed by Chelsea.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 15, 2016 -> 08:16 PM)
So many people are going to be forced to vote for Hillary just to oppose the disaster that is Trump. It's akin to Howard stern haters actually giving him the ratings.

I prefer Bernie, but I have no problem voting for Hillary if the alternative is Trump.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Mar 16, 2016 -> 12:19 AM)
Well, after tonight, Hillary's about wrapped it up. The nomination is hers. Congrats to her. I never thought I'd see the day two Clintons were presidents. Please please remember Greg's prediction about Chelsea in nine years. She's actually gonna be in her late 40s when mom is done with the oval office.

Hillary's gonna get 8 years to put her stamp on the USA. Let's hope it's not the demise of the USA. And the difficult part for her was beating out Bernie. She's going to win almost every state against Trump. I mean, cmon, this was all a weird sideshow. I bet even Trump is happy he's assured Hillary the presidency. In the past he wasn't exactly a Hillary hater.

To those of you who wanted Hillary, I'd feel better if you'd give me some reasons our country isn't going to fall apart in the next eight years, actually the next 16 with Hillary followed by Chelsea.

You seriously think Chelsea Clinton can win a nomination for president in 8 years? She hasn't even held political office yet and I wouldn't say she has a ton of political experience.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Mar 15, 2016 -> 11:54 PM)
Some of my friends are doing the Bernie or bust bulls***.

That's not how this works guys.

Some of those people will be okay with voting for Trump. It's crazy how many stories I've heard second hand about certain Bernie supporters voting for Trump if Hillary wins the nomination.

QUOTE (bmags @ Mar 15, 2016 -> 08:14 PM)
Feel comfortable saying Foxx wins. So happy. She's exactly what's needed.

Something doesn't feel right with her. She has almost no experience and she came from county government. Not sure there is much difference or even any improvement.

Every facet of Illinois government is broken and she just seems like a cog that will pander to the vocal liberals. The city is in bad shape from a criminal standpoint and her message did not appear to be looking to solve anything.