2016 Democratic Thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Aug 19, 2016 -> 11:00 PM)
Thank you for voting Democrat, which is the party that is very vocal about and actually tries to get these things passed!

I'm a lifelong Republican and I voted Obama last time, thank you very much. From the tone of this board, a lot of the Democrats would NEVER do what greg did.

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 18, 2016 -> 08:02 PM)
I didn't want to start a new thread unless I could do a poll within a thread. But PLEASE answer this.

Congratulations, Democrats. I concede and Hillary Rodham Clinton is our next President against my wishes. However, please answer this question in poll format.

Q-After eight years, how will we feel about Hillary's Presidency?

a.) Great. She will be the best since Kennedy. Or best since her husband.

b.) Awful. She will be a fricking disaster.

c.) Same ol same ol. Our country will continue to flounder, the economy will continue to be piss poor and the world will remain very dangerous.

My vote: b.

C. Same ol same ol. Possibly with a slight lean toward A.

However, I disagree with the second part of your C option.

I'd actually like to know, Greg, how YOUR life is any worse now than it was under GWB. And, if it is, how is it the result of any of Obama's policies.

Edited by Middle Buffalo

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Aug 19, 2016 -> 10:16 PM)
I've voted for Republicans a few times at the local level but can't imagine ever doing so at the federal level. Democrats would need to nominate someone as awful and unfit as trump.

How anybody can live with themselves in voting for Hillary is beyond me. I feel a person cannot vote for either major party candidate this election. It IMO is disgraceful to vote for either. I could easily settle on Obama over Romney who I felt was a turkey. I cannot settle for Hillary; no way.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 19, 2016 -> 09:57 PM)
How are the Obama apologists going to explain this one??

http://nypost.com/2016/08/18/state-departm...soners-release/

What are you looking to be explained? The US managed to get a bunch of prisoners released for absolutely nothing. We already owed Iran that money.

It's like eating a meal at a restaurant and being handed the bill, but asking for free dessert before you'll pay. AND THEY GIVE IT TO YOU.

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Aug 20, 2016 -> 04:13 AM)
What are you looking to be explained? The US managed to get a bunch of prisoners released for absolutely nothing. We already owed Iran that money.

It's like eating a meal at a restaurant and being handed the bill, but asking for free dessert before you'll pay. AND THEY GIVE IT TO YOU.

Did you read the story?? Obama LIED to the American public. Hillary lies all the time as well.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 20, 2016 -> 04:40 AM)
Did you read the story?? Obama LIED to the American public. Hillary lies all the time as well.

He didn't lie. It wasn't a ransom. It would be a ransom if we paid for their release. We were giving them money they were already owed and we negotiated a freebie bonus out of the delivery.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 19, 2016 -> 03:57 PM)
Here's a good one. Our politicians lie way too much and I'm getting sick of it. Why is everybody so hooked on "Republican" or "Democrat" pride? Folks, all these bastards on both sides do is lie, lie, lie. How are the Obama apologists going to explain this one?? I know, they'll blame the messenger or simply say, "Who cares? We have a better option than that moron Trump."

I think everybody should care and impeach every one of these Presidents ASAP. There has to be some accountability for lying.

I'm ready for free college education and healthcare for all. We're getting nothing out of our economic lives right now in America unless we're born into wealth. America is only for the 1 percenters right now and I'm sick of it. Republican, Democrat, who the f*** cares?? They are all corrupt. Just fix it!!!

http://nypost.com/2016/08/18/state-departm...soners-release/

Why don't you run for office, school board, city council, state rep, etc.?

It's our responsibility as citizens to be part of the solution, right?

QUOTE (Middle Buffalo @ Aug 20, 2016 -> 06:45 AM)
If only we could go back to the days when President Reagan was doing much the same thing - trading arms with Iran for hostages.

Yes but he didn't lie about it. Not that he wasn't a liar. I stand by my comment they all are liars and we should impeach every fricking one of 'em til we get an Honest Abe so to speak.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 20, 2016 -> 07:06 AM)
Why don't you run for office, school board, city council, state rep, etc.?

It's our responsibility as citizens to be part of the solution, right?

I'm too busy (that's my crutch). My goal is to be more of a volunteer guy. I'm ashamed I haven't done more for my church and society. Maybe in my next ilfetime when it's possible to balance work with leisure. Our country makes it impossible for the little guy to earn enough $$$ unless you are born into wealth and a one percenter. Give me Bernie or give me Bernie!!!

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 19, 2016 -> 11:41 PM)
Yes but he didn't lie about it. Not that he wasn't a liar. I stand by my comment they all are liars and we should impeach every fricking one of 'em til we get an Honest Abe so to speak.

Reagan DID lie about it. In fact, he famously declared that he would never negotiate with terrorists and pay for hostages. Until he did. Go ahead and look it up.

Obama did pay Iran money the US owed them, but he refused to do it until they freed some Americans. Pretty different, actually. So, really, technically Obama did NOT lie about paying for hostages.

We have her health records. She's working nonstop and hasn't called off any meetings at age 70whatever.

Although it would be nice if my doc would allow me to send videos to him to diagnose me instead of making me go all the way down to his office.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016...h-truthers.html

If you want to believe that Hillary Clinton is dying, it’s a good time to be on the internet. But if you’re the kind of person who doesn’t count decontextualized videos and ‘gotcha’ photos as medical evidence, it’s a frustrating time to be alive.

Pretty much.

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 22, 2016 -> 11:00 AM)
We have her health records. She's working nonstop and hasn't called off any meetings at age 70whatever.

Although it would be nice if my doc would allow me to send videos to him to diagnose me instead of making me go all the way down to his office.

LOL which republican senator did that with Terry Schiavo, Bill fritz?

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Aug 22, 2016 -> 12:39 PM)
LOL which republican senator did that with Terry Schiavo, Bill fritz?

Yeah. At least it went over poorly enough that people stopped. Although I feel like Rand Paul pulled an armchair diagnosis once.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Aug 22, 2016 -> 06:41 PM)
If he's "diagnosing" her based on the same garbage that right wing conspiracy circles are, he's still an idiot hack.

You can kind of tell which videos are fake on the Internet. One that looked real (maybe it's not) is the one where the large secret service type guy is holding something in his hand and she freezes up in a speech and he comes by and sticks her with something. It looks real. Oops I just read the guy says it was a flashlight. Who knows? The other real looking one is one that shows a bulge in her leg ostensibly a catheter.

I have no idea. I would think as 70 somethings she and Trump both have some problems physically. Who knows? Bill looks just terrible some days too yet at the convention he looked good.

One thing is true for sure. Dr. Drew did say he is worried bout her health. Hmmm.

Edited by greg775