2016 Democratic Thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Oct 27, 2016 -> 09:33 AM)
Yes, from my brief look at the statewide list, they're pretty much all open now through November 5th.

Awesome.

Out of curiosity have you ever worked on a campaign before?

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 27, 2016 -> 03:37 PM)
Awesome.

Out of curiosity have you ever worked on a campaign before?

No.

I wasn't aware of this until a couple days ago when I went to look up MY early voting site. I thought the GOP voting changes bill got struck down in its entirety, so I'm not even sure why the big city-containing counties still have fewer days of early voting.

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Oct 27, 2016 -> 09:43 AM)
No.

I wasn't aware of this until a couple days ago when I went to look up MY early voting site. I thought the GOP voting changes bill got struck down in its entirety, so I'm not even sure why the big city-containing counties still have fewer days of early voting.

Gotcha. A couple posters have worked on campaigns and it's a super niche thing to know about :)

Florida early voting is interesting to look at because normally it's trend starts heavily republican and finishes strong dem, so we'll see what happens since the polls started tightening after early voting began.

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Oct 27, 2016 -> 10:43 AM)
No.

Cuz the NC state government is basically refusing to cooperate.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Oct 28, 2016 -> 02:32 PM)
Is Kirk that dumb to say something like that or was this some sorta last ditch effort to try and get Trump supporters because he is probably losing anyway?

Dumb.

Illinois doesn't have a lot of Trump supporters and Kirk would struggle to grab them even if it did.

QUOTE (Ezio Auditore @ Oct 28, 2016 -> 08:39 AM)
Yeah kind of late in the game. Trump supporters see Kirk as a sellout and a traitor.

Yup. Policy-wise, Kirk is the definition of an Illinois Republican - he's left of the party on a handful of issues including same sex marriage, and he believes in climate change. So he had already lost any of the Trumpeters or the like anyway. Now he's losing centrists because he's acting like a racist asshole towards a veteran. He's going to lose.

Yes, her not even responding made it all the more devastating.

That said, WBEZ this morning gave the most bastardized version of it, acting like he mocked her record and THEN she defended it, and then just mentioned that she was born in Thailand. So if you didn't know that her dad had that lineage, it wasn't mentioned. Both sides, #politicsasusual

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 28, 2016 -> 09:50 AM)
Yes, her not even responding made it all the more devastating.

That said, WBEZ this morning gave the most bastardized version of it, acting like he mocked her record and THEN she defended it, and then just mentioned that she was born in Thailand. So if you didn't know that her dad had that lineage, it wasn't mentioned. Both sides, #politicsasusual

If you really look it at through unbiased eyes, you'll see that this actually proves how Democrats are bad for making Republicans say dumb and racist things.

Trump set a fundraising record for his campaign the day the p****-grabber tape broke, accounting for more than 1/3 of his funds for the month. Man, it was just so mean of Clinton to call half of his supporters deplorable.

and just posting this image because I came across it an love it

n3hlG4W.jpg

and this regarding the 'next' Trump tape that is definitely going to drop (probably stored in the same vault as the Michelle Obama "whitey" tape)

giphy.gif

Edited by StrangeSox