2016 Democratic Thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jul 29, 2016 -> 01:58 PM)
RUSSIAN AL-QAEDA ISIS SLEEPER CELLS WILL KILL US ALL!

At least with Russia, the threat of near-complete global destruction was real and the world was actually on the brink of it a couple of times.

Don't forget "white cops will kill you just for walking down the street!"

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 29, 2016 -> 01:50 PM)
I don't like discussing the slavery issue so I'll comment on this and Hillary instead. Slavery makes me sad and the thought of it makes me sad. At this time I'd rather forget that we actually were cruel enough to have slaves in this country. Disgraceful.

Anyhow Tex's post is crazy. Maybe there was a compliment in there somewhere; I'll take it. I don't know how I block trolls. I've said it before. I am fiercely loyal to former Sox who were good, like most members of the '05 team. I feel like most of my predictions have logic in them and many come true. It's no act. I don't like Hillary.

But Newt is right. Most people feel America is not safe. You conveniently didn't comment on that surgeon moving his family out of America to his homeland cause he felt our country was too dangerous. That's powerful.

Hate to break it to the Hillary supporters, but I just read several reviews of her speech: cliche ridden and not good. CNN.com in fact said people left wanting several other of the speakers to be the candidate not Hillary.

Greg deftly moves the conversation past the slave issue and on to other things.

A few non sequiturs, new topics, and we move on. Well played. It's like a concert conductor.

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Jul 29, 2016 -> 04:42 PM)
Don't forget "white cops will kill you just for walking down the street!"

http://www.fathers.com/about-ncf/our-team/carey-casey/

I just came back from listening to Carey Casey address the coaches in our school district. He was a professional athlete, well educated at Carolina, has been invited to the White House with both Republicans (Bush 1,000 POints of Life) and Democrats (Obama). He lives in a very nice area of Kansas City.

He had to teach his boys how to interact with the police. He was worried enough as a black father in America to teach his boys that some cops will treat you with disrepect because you are black.

How many white fathers have that same fear?

Carey Casey is the Ambassador for Fathers with the Kansas City-based National Center for Fathering (NCF). He is author of the book Championship Fathering: How to Win at Being a Dad (2009) and general editor of The 21-Day Dad’s Challenge (2011).

Through his work across the country, Casey has earned a reputation as a dynamic communicator, especially on the topic of men being good fathers. He’s known as a compassionate ambassador, particularly within the American sports community.

Carey serves on the White House Task Force on Fatherhood and Healthy Families. He is also a member of the executive committee of the National Fatherhood Leaders Group, which promotes responsible fatherhood policy, research, advocacy and practice. In June 2012, Carey was honored by the White House Office of Public Engagement and Office of Faith-Based and Neighborhood Partnerships as a “Champion of Change” in the field of fatherhood.

Casey joined NCF in 2006 after 18 years in various roles with the Fellowship of Christian Athletes, including executive director of the OneWay2Play program, the first-ever National Urban director and president of the FCA Foundation. His career has also included serving as chaplain at the 1988 Summer Olympic Games in Seoul, South Korea, chaplain for the Dallas Cowboys under Hall of Fame Coach Tom Landry, and chaplain for the Kansas City Chiefs. He continues to speak on life issues for numerous professional and college sports teams across America.

Carey served for five years as co-pastor of Lawndale Community Church — the inner-city church in Chicago’s west side recognized by the George H. W. Bush Points of Light Foundation. At Lawndale, Carey helped empower the community with health care, housing, education and economic growth.

Carey has also served as a lecturer at the World Congress on Sports, the college football Senior Bowl, the National Association of Basketball Coaches Convention at the Final Four, and the Super Bowl. He has been featured in many local and national publications and broadcasts, including The New York Times, Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Los Angeles Times, Kansas City Star, Chicago Tribune, Focus on the Family’s radio broadcast and webcast, Ebony, Christianity Today, Sharing the Victory, “Fox and Friends,” ESPN.com, ESPN’s “Quite Frankly” with Stephen A. Smith, “The Hour of Power” with Dr. Robert Schuller, and Leadership Magazine.

In high school, Carey played in the 1971 Virginia State Championship football game — the game later dramatized in the award-winning movie, Remember the Titans. Carey is still friends with former Titans coach Herman Boone and many of the people portrayed in the movie.

Carey received his bachelor’s degree from the University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill. As a running back he helped lead the school’s football team to the Atlantic Coast Conference Championship in 1977. Carey was inducted into the Alumni Hall of Fame in his home town of Salem, VA, and was Alumnus of the Year at Northeastern Oklahoma A&M College. Other honors include being listed in Who’s Who in Black America as well as being a past recipient of the Dallas NAACP Juanita Craft Award. In recognition of his work among fathers, Carey has been awarded Keys to the City in both Laurel, MS, and Jackson, MS, and a President’s Medallion by Midwestern Baptist Seminary in Kansas City.

Carey and his wife, Melanie, are parents of four children, have nine grandchildren, and live in Lee’s Summit, Missouri.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 29, 2016 -> 01:50 PM)
I don't like discussing the slavery issue so I'll comment on this and Hillary instead. Slavery makes me sad and the thought of it makes me sad. At this time I'd rather forget that we actually were cruel enough to have slaves in this country. Disgraceful.

Anyhow Tex's post is crazy. Maybe there was a compliment in there somewhere; I'll take it. I don't know how I block trolls. I've said it before. I am fiercely loyal to former Sox who were good, like most members of the '05 team. I feel like most of my predictions have logic in them and many come true. It's no act. I don't like Hillary.

But Newt is right. Most people feel America is not safe. You conveniently didn't comment on that surgeon moving his family out of America to his homeland cause he felt our country was too dangerous. That's powerful.

Hate to break it to the Hillary supporters, but I just read several reviews of her speech: cliche ridden and not good. CNN.com in fact said people left wanting several other of the speakers to be the candidate not Hillary.

You conveniently left out a link of one guy in a country full of millions and millions of people moving out. Where is he moving?

QUOTE (Tony @ Jul 29, 2016 -> 07:37 PM)
Is it just too dirty pool for the Dems to use that against him? Have they and I've just missed it?

https://mediamatters.org/research/2016/07/2...er-ailes/211949

Id imagine they realize bringing up anything involving sexual assault would open a fairly large can of worms. Of all the dumb s*** Trump does or says, to me, this is amongst the dumbest and the worst.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jul 30, 2016 -> 12:17 AM)
Trump is standing by him.

Is he really? This Ailes guy sounds like the devil reincarnated; he sounds like Cosby. Despicable. Trump is supporting him? How in the hell is that even possible?

Trumps response to the khans is predictably awful

https://amp.twimg.com/v/fefa68ff-7c30-4c24-b53c-6d0383f649e7

https://mobile.twitter.com/allahpundit/stat...434705066262529

Eta I think he's done more than enough by this point to prove my argument last winter that you need to be a terrible person to support him.

Edited by StrangeSox

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 30, 2016 -> 11:07 PM)
Hillary Clinton accepts 25 million dollar donation from George Soros, the same day she pledges to get the money out of politics. Soxtalk will defend this.

The only way to get elected during this election is to accept hundreds of millions of dollars in donations. The only way to get money out of politics is by being elected. So it would seem that you have to play the game, win the game, to change the game.

She also literally could not stop a man from donating to a PAC supporting her. That is why a constitutional amendment is required.

Remember when Trump was self funding his campaign but it turns out he is too poor to?

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 31, 2016 -> 07:52 AM)
She also literally could not stop a man from donating to a PAC supporting her. That is why a constitutional amendment is required.

Remember when Trump was self funding his campaign but it turns out he is too poor to?

Trump campaign trying to beg for money and getting slapped down by the kochs is pretty funny. Trumps trying really hard to fundraise, he's just a failure at it.