2016 Democratic Thread

southsider2k5

I try not to even respond about stuff like that because this menial stuff is the only thing his supporters remember and aare like "meh pc culture people making mountains out of mole hills but also HOW COME THE PRESIDENT DOESNT SAY ISLAMIC TERROR"

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Co37BacWIAg7eIY.jpg

Every cable news network covered this except one, which instead took a phone call from Trump who apparently was counter-programming his own convention. Can you guess which network this was?

Of course it's not about Smith vs. Khan, it's about Clinton's vs. Trump's reaction anyway.

Trump has such tacky, awful tastes:

ixpdPcH.jpg

Benjy Sarlin @BenjySarlin

Reserved TV ads for:

Clinton $98 million

Trump $1 million http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-elect...d-blitz-n621741

2:46 PM - 2 Aug 2016

hGBy4NJ.png

Edited by StrangeSox

Watching O'Reilly factor criticize Black Lives Matter for its new demands which are ridiculous. The group is demanding money to make up for slavery. Money should be sent to all African Americans to make up for slavery, the group is stating.

Charles Krauthammer BTW looks like Marley's ghost in A Christmas Carol. Look at him closely and tell me I'm wrong. I like him, just saying what he looks like.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (Tony @ Aug 3, 2016 -> 03:59 AM)
Trump is now against wind energy because it kills birds.

He's not going to make it until November.

Truthfully he probably doesn't care if he wins. If he loses, he can shrug it off and just say it was rigged. If he wins, quite frankly the job has got to be a major hassle. It doesn't even pay that well, compared to what he's used to. His ego is safe either way cause again, he can just say our system is rigged and it was fixed for Hillary and he goes on more famous than ever. He has the perfect out: the system is rigged.

QUOTE (Tony @ Aug 2, 2016 -> 09:59 PM)
Trump is now against wind energy because it kills birds.

He's not going to make it until November.

He's against wind energy because he lost a battle over people building some wind turbines off the coast of one of his golf courses. His tall buildings probably kill more birds a year than wind turbines do, but he's not the first one to make that ridiculous argument.

On the sad note: A lower profile Dem nominee without all the publicity and lifetime in the spotlight of Hillary would have the easiest time getting elected since Carter - Reagan for the GOP.

On the plus side. A normal middle of the road Republican could have crushed Hillary.

It's to the point where I read something and start believing it automatically because there is nothing Trump can do or say that doesn't already sound like it came from the Onion.

QUOTE (Tex @ Aug 3, 2016 -> 06:53 AM)
On the sad note: A lower profile Dem nominee without all the publicity and lifetime in the spotlight of Hillary would have the easiest time getting elected since Carter - Reagan for the GOP.

Nobody's ever going to see that sort of EV margin again thanks to the ideological realignment over the last 36 years since that happened, but Clinton's looking like she'll be right around Obama's 2012 numbers which were pretty solid.

On the plus side. A normal middle of the road Republican could have crushed Hillary.

But that's the GOP paradox: a normal middle-of-the-road Republican can't make it out of the primary without going so hard-right that they face a very difficult uphill battle in the general, and that's without taking into account the moderate EV advantage that the Democrats have baked in right now.

It's to the point where I read something and start believing it automatically because there is nothing Trump can do or say that doesn't already sound like it came from the Onion.

The Onion has to be pretty mad that Trump's been stealing all of their headlines lately.

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Aug 2, 2016 -> 09:33 AM)
No I get that, that's obviously a huuuuge problem of his, but he's also (despite the things he says) a somewhat intelligent human being. You would think someone can connect the dots for him: you keep saying and doing these things, you're losing any shot you have at the Presidency.

Some more news on this from yesterday:

John Harwood @JohnJHarwood

longtime ally of Paul Manafort, Trump's campaign manager: "Manafort not challenging Trump anymore. Mailing it in. Staff suicidal."

7:30 PM - 2 Aug 2016

Ali Vitali @alivitali

A Trump campaign source, in reax to this, tells me "it's all true" and "way worse than people realize." https://twitter.com/johnjharwood/status/760633940151443457

8:11 PM - 2 Aug 2016

Sean Hannity helping Trump to stoke the "the election is rigged!" fires. In August.

Sean Hannity @seanhannity

Question of the Day: In light of @realDonaldTrump's comments, do you think the general election could be rigged? Weigh in using #Hannity.

10:00 PM - 2 Aug 2016

Trump interview with WaPo. You have to read this full transcript to appreciate it.

Edited by StrangeSox

QUOTE (Ezio Auditore @ Aug 3, 2016 -> 09:28 AM)
Interesting that Trump only thinks the election could be rigged if he loses.

Nobody in republican party is going to put up with his b.s. though if he loses. Not concerned.

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 3, 2016 -> 09:47 AM)
Nobody in republican party is going to put up with his b.s. though if he loses. Not concerned.

We saw how strong and tough his supporters were in response to the Chicago protests that were less rowdy than what I've seen at a Cubs-Sox game.

He won the popular vote relatively easily. It was hilarious watching people melt down about that in real time because even though the race was competitive, at no point during the entire election cycle did the polls indicate Obama was in any actual danger of losing, but they convinced themselves it would be a landslide listening to the "unskewed" morons.

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 3, 2016 -> 10:47 AM)

The attitude among Republicans seems to be that they can't wait for this to just be overwith and behind them already. They're going through the motions.

Re: college tuition. Looks like that proposal could go two ways. Handling things like Fannie Mae/Mac or handle things like Medicaid. I like the idea of wielding around this group of students like a bargaining chip to prevent costs rising too high.

I really would like a bipartisan coalition though with this. Free tuition is going to require iteration on seeing the unknown effects and handling them (as does a major bill like health care), and that will be difficult to do if one party is just going to openly sabotage it.

Trump is obsessed with nuclear weapons and wants to know why they shouldn't be used. Badly.

Joe Scarborough: Several months ago, a foreign policy expert on the international level went to advise Donald Trump, and three times he asked about the use of nuclear weapons. Three times he asked, at one point, “If we have them, why can’t we use them?” That’s one of the reasons he just doesn’t have foreign policy experts around him.

Mike Barnicle: Trump, Trump asked three times?

Joe Scarborough: Three times, in an hour briefing, why can’t we use nuclear weapons.

Mika Brzezinski: Be careful America and be careful Republican leaders. Your party is blowing up.*

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/201...carborough.html