2016 Democratic Thread

southsider2k5

Been thinking about this since I heard it on Hannity ...

Media has gone after Trump's wife aggressively. How come Bill is off limits? Why aren't we hearing story after story about his mistresses and getting their stories? Also stories on how Hillary's marriage partner was a predator. Monica may have been over 21 but she was a fricking intern. That's predatorish behavior by Bill. If Trump's family is under fire, the media at least could aggressively pursue the Bill is a womanizer theme. There's no way after Monica he became Mr. Faithful. Doesn't work that way. How bout uncovering some mistresses, etc., and interviewing them.

Hillary got off on Benghazi. No hard questions. She got off on the email thing. No hard questions. All she gets is love from the media.

Edited by greg775

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 5, 2016 -> 04:03 PM)
Trump should drop out now. Vegas is never wrong on something this important. This means the race is over and there's no reason for Donald to even proceed. He's defeated. Should drop out and give somebody else a chance.

The professional Republicans are talking about convincing Trump to drop out (that's the only way) but that's a long shot, and then they would have the same issues that led to them getting Trump in the first place. The ballot registration deadlines are approaching very soon and then you'd have LITERALLY a group of party elites LITERALLY in a private conference room LITERALLY choosing the next nominee who wasn't nominated by votes. And it'd be someone like Cruz, who at this point would get crushed just as bad. This isn't just something you can turn around.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 5, 2016 -> 03:10 PM)

Media has gone after Trump's wife aggressively. How come Bill is off limits? Why aren't we hearing story after story about his mistresses and getting their stories? Also stories on how Hillary's marriage partner was a predator. Monica may have been over 21 but she was a fricking intern. That's predatorish behavior by Bill. If Trump's family is under fire, the media at least could aggressively pursue the Bill is a womanizer theme. There's no way after Monica he became Mr. Faithful. Doesn't work that way. How bout uncovering some mistresses, etc., and interviewing them.

Hillary got off on Benghazi. No hard questions. She got off on the email thing. No hard questions. All she gets is love from the media.

There were roughly 400 hearings including a 12-hour hearing of her testimony from her. Did Hannity not cover that? Must be media bias.

Also "media has been aggressively covering Melania" no they haven't. When the democrats hold a special committee to deport her than it will be equal to anything ever involving the clintons. Congrats on another post greg.

lol who is going after Melania aside from a couple of days when her speech was plagiarized and, like with every other incident, the Trump campaign made it worse by insisting that it wasn't? Bill is or at least was scummy towards women but that was litigated figuratively and literally litigated all the way up to a vote for impeachment of the sitting President of the United States over it.

Benghazi was 4 years and about 13 Republican Congressional investigations ago. None ever found any wrongdoing on her part, and that didn't stop conservatives from continually overplaying their hands and making up outlandish conspiracy theories about "stand down" orders and other nonsense. The email story may have gotten more coverage mid-July if Trump didn't immediately proceed to s*** his pants for several weeks straight after the FBI announcement, but he did so here we are.

greg, I kindly request that you stop listening to per the conservative WSJ editor "the dumbest man on Fox News" and referencing his dumb statements in this thread. Hannity is an idiot and not a reliable source of information.*

*this conservative information bubble/breeding distrust among all media outlets that aren't expressly conservative is something that the GOP identified in their own 2012 postmortem as a source of their problems, but it doesn't appear anyone's done anything to fix it. It's rubes fleecing rubes all the way down for decades. this may be the perfect example, Trump retweeting Drudge retweeting Breitbart citing Fox News

Edited by StrangeSox

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 5, 2016 -> 04:10 PM)

Ok, Hannity is s***.

Stop referencing Hannity. Hannity is the hypocrite to end all hypocrites.

And the GOP spent $7 million dollars on Benghazi, thats not off easy.

Finally, do you remember how much s*** Michelle Obama got? Or I dunno, how much s*** First Lady Hillary Clinton got?

Teddy Schleifer @teddyschleifer

TV & radio advertising next week, per CMAG;

Team Clinton: $11.8 million

Team Trump: $0

It's mid-August.

2:55 PM - 5 Aug 2016

Aside from spending it on flying to and from NYC every single day in his jet, what exactly is Trump going to be spending his campaign money on? He has next to zero ground game in individual states and is spending nothing on advertising.

Also it's very difficult to cancel a recurring donation to Trump's campaign once you've set it up.

A Governor Ordered to Serve as a Public Defender

Amid a funding crisis, Missouri’s top public defender appointed Governor Jay Nixon to represent a poor client.

Missouri’s public-defender system is in crisis. Like many other systems throughout the U.S., it is underfunded, understaffed, and underappreciated. The state spends less than half of the national average in per-capita public-defense spending, placing it in 49th place out of 50, according to the National Legal Aid and Defense Association.

Ensuring that Missouri carries out the Constitution’s command that all criminal defendants receive legal representation is the job of Michael Barrett, the director of the state’s public-defender system. To deal with an extraordinary problem, Barrett hit upon an extraordinary solution: use an obscure Missouri legal provision to order Missouri Governor Jay Nixon, a lawyer and former state attorney general, to provide legal aid to the state’s poorest defendants.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Aug 5, 2016 -> 03:29 PM)
Aside from spending it on flying to and from NYC every single day in his jet, what exactly is Trump going to be spending his campaign money on? He has next to zero ground game in individual states and is spending nothing on advertising.

Also it's very difficult to cancel a recurring donation to Trump's campaign once you've set it up.

I get 2 calls a day from him, which is surprising as I live in Chicago.

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 5, 2016 -> 08:12 PM)
Yeah that whole intern fiasco was really swept under the rug.

I'm talking about now. Bill is going to be in the White House and his character could be questioned over and over if the media wanted to do that.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Aug 5, 2016 -> 08:18 PM)
Ok, Hannity is s***.

Stop referencing Hannity. Hannity is the hypocrite to end all hypocrites.

And the GOP spent $7 million dollars on Benghazi, thats not off easy.

Finally, do you remember how much s*** Michelle Obama got? Or I dunno, how much s*** First Lady Hillary Clinton got?

If I can't reference Hannity, who the heck do you guys accept? Meghan Kelly? Meghan McCain? Rush? Give me a list of those you'll listen to. Hannity is at least as qualified as Chris "I love Hillary" Matthews.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 5, 2016 -> 11:10 PM)
I'm talking about now. Bill is going to be in the White House and his character could be questioned over and over if the media wanted to do that.

If I can't reference Hannity, who the heck do you guys accept? Meghan Kelly? Meghan McCain? Rush? Give me a list of those you'll listen to. Hannity is at least as qualified as Chris "I love Hillary" Matthews.

I also hate Chris Matthews. He's just as bad as Hannity.

Go with non-talking heads. Try to find things based in fact, not fiction.

LOL. Just saw Hillary on TV at a Journalist-sponsored event today and she gets a loud, rousing round of applause after the event. I cannot believe the bias in our country. No Republican will ever be president again. It's just too stacked against anybody but a Democrat. Crazy. The media must be 90 percent Democrat. Please give me Jesse Ventura. Now!

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Aug 5, 2016 -> 09:39 AM)
Some more from the NC Voter ID ruling:

Sure is a good thing Roberts decided to invent a Constitutional principle of Equal Dignitude of the States and ignore the very explicit wording of the 15th Amendment in order to gut the VRA in Shelby County. That has to be in the running for the worst SC decision ever written for how brazenly it doesn't even really attempt a real argument and comes to such awful conclusions. Hopefully it's one of the first things on the agenda of a liberal Supreme Court to overturn.

Contrast the court's quotes in the NC ruling with this:

Reince Priebus @Reince

Today @gop commemerates the 51st anniversary of the #VotingRights Act http://gop.cm/PTVPrq

Every American has #Right2Vote #VRA

2:49 PM - 6 Aug 2016

lol

I was wondering if/for how long the media would try to keep a horse race narrative, but they love a dumpster fire narrative even more. Meet The Press is opening up today with a solid 10 minutes of all of the ridiculously stupid things Trump's done in just this last week.

Also two new polls out this morning with Clinton +8 and +9. Clinton pulling funding in VA and CO in favor of expanding offices in AZ and GA.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Aug 7, 2016 -> 03:44 PM)
I haven't watched MSNBC or Fox News in probably 5 years. They are both horrible and an awful place to get news from.

Same.

MSNBC is a smidge less terrible if anything because their graphs aren't nearly as terrible.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Aug 5, 2016 -> 06:49 PM)
Speaking of Stephen Moore

Richard Yeselson – ‏@yeselson

Stephen Moore, Trump proxy on @NewsHour attacking Clinton's infra-structure plan--not mentioning that Trump supports one twice as large!

4:17 PM - 5 Aug 2016 from Arlington, VA

Oops.

Turns out that his list of economic advisors is really just a list of his biggest donors, so much for getting money out of politics (lol at anyone who ever actually bought that)

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/08/trum...t-donors-226758