2016 Democratic Thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 8, 2016 -> 01:55 PM)
Polls Plus looking GOOD this morning.

j2zI2q2.jpg

Ah, this is all according to form.

Hillary gets the preferential treatment from the FBI and it's been all downhill since. With the media's help, the runaway train scenario is now being played out. Hillary (who gave a horrible, say nothing screamathon speech at the convention and was jeered during the speech; a speech that nonetheless got rave reviews) now is granted the "runaway winner" scenario over the rude kook Donald Trump. Trump is getting the media tag of being a rude wacko who will bring us to war right away and is getting no air time except for the "wackjob Trump" stories. Hillary meanwhile is staying fairly quiet as the media does the coronating for her.

Very sad and pathetic we can't have a fair election. Hillary shouldn't spend a dime on her campaign. She's getting all the free publicity she needs. The "landslide" scenario has been painted. Stately (lol) former First Lady, the stately, accomplished Secretary of State (lol) runs away with election over the Republican nutjob/racist/warmonger. Trump should drop out. He has nothing to gain by staying in and letting this scenario continue. Nothing but positive stuff in the Hillary soundbites; nothing but horror expressed during the Trump soundbites.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 8, 2016 -> 08:38 PM)

Hillary gets the preferential treatment from the FBI and it's been all downhill since. With the media's help, the runaway train scenario is now being played out. Hillary (who gave a horrible, say nothing screamathon speech at the convention and was jeered during the speech; a speech that nonetheless got rave reviews) now is granted the "runaway winner" scenario over the rude kook Donald Trump. Trump is getting the media tag of being a rude wacko who will bring us to war right away and is getting no air time except for the "wackjob Trump" stories. Hillary meanwhile is staying fairly quiet as the media does the coronating for her.

Very sad and pathetic we can't have a fair election. Hillary shouldn't spend a dime on her campaign. She's getting all the free publicity she needs. The "landslide" scenario has been painted. Stately (lol) former First Lady, the stately, accomplished Secretary of State (lol) runs away with election over the Republican nutjob/racist/warmonger. Trump should drop out. He has nothing to gain by staying in and letting this scenario continue. Nothing but positive stuff in the Hillary soundbites; nothing but horror expressed during the Trump soundbites.

toxic_baby_shampoo.jpg

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 8, 2016 -> 03:38 PM)

rAunX.gif

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 8, 2016 -> 04:38 PM)

lmao

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 8, 2016 -> 04:38 PM)

Your computer...

My favorite thing so far in this crazy election is Obama calling Trump unqualified. Holy smokes Obama! While this may be true, you were a senator for like 9 minutes and spent the entire time prepping for a slam dunk election. The pot and the kettle are both black Mr. President. Let's not forget you were technically the least qualified ever, regarding service time in positions of leadership.

Not trying to bash Obama and make people defensive, just pointing out the hilarity & absurdity.

Edited by Jerksticks

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Aug 8, 2016 -> 06:07 PM)
My favorite thing so far in this crazy election is Obama calling Trump unqualified. Holy smokes Obama! While this may be true, you were a senator for like 9 minutes and spent the entire time prepping for a slam dunk election. The pot and the kettle are both black Mr. President. Let's not forget you were technically the least qualified ever, regarding service time in positions of leadership.

Not trying to bash Obama and make people defensive, just pointing out the hilarity & absurdity.

Obama's qualifications in 2008 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Trump's qualifications

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Aug 8, 2016 -> 05:07 PM)

How do you define least qualified ever? He was a state legislator and a Senator before President. We've had a few former generals that became President that never held any elected office previous to that.

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Aug 8, 2016 -> 10:07 PM)

What's absurd about it? Obama was a Harvard educator lawyer who understood the Constitution and (like virtually all serious candidates) was knowledgeable about the issues. Trump doesn't seem to know the first thing about the Constitution or any significant issue, and isn't even inclined to learn.

QUOTE (RegionSox @ Aug 8, 2016 -> 06:15 PM)
How do you define least qualified ever? He was a state legislator and a Senator before President. We've had a few former generals that became President that never held any elected office previous to that.

Lincoln was only a Representative for two years. That was the entirety of his qualifications.

I just wish the Hillary fans and this board is full of them would admit Hillary has been given this election thanks to the FBI director and media. That's all I wish.

It also would help if you admitted she is a horrible choice for President, albeit a better choice than Trump.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 8, 2016 -> 06:26 PM)
I just wish the Hillary fans and this board is full of them would admit Hillary has been given this election thanks to the FBI director and media. That's all I wish.

It also would help if you admitted she is a horrible choice for President, albeit a better choice than Trump.

Greg, your hate-boner has been tabled for a brief moment to discussion Obama's qualifications in 2008.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Aug 8, 2016 -> 10:29 PM)
Greg, your hate-boner has been tabled for a brief moment to discussion Obama's qualifications in 2008.

He was qualified. But it doesn't mean he was a good president. He was OK but definitely nothing special and I think we are worse off today than 8 years ago for sure.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 8, 2016 -> 03:26 PM)

Hillary is no better or worse than 99% of politicians when it comes to misdeeds. They're all guilty of bending the rules - Republicans and Democrats alike, including, I'm sure, Donald Trump.

Greg sounds like a Notre Dame fan who accuses other schools of cheating and being incredulous to the idea that his team could possibly be doing the same. My dad is like that. I always point out that Notre Dame cheats, and then he says, "Well, I don't know..." before trailing off. PS - I'm a Notre Dame fan, too. But, I can recognize that it would be a little odd to think that a guy like Lou Holtz was busted for cheating at every school he coached but Notre Dame. The sainted Lou Holtz is a Trump supporter, incidentally.

So, Greg, in this election, there are two viable candidates, and the question is if Trump is really a person you want to be President based on his qualifications. Yet, you seem to be more interested in trashing the other candidate personally rather than making a fact based argument that points out her deficiencies politically.

You even say that Hillary is a horrible choice, "albeit a better choice than Trump." Then, what are you arguing about? Just vote for Trump - the worse choice in your estimation, or go with the candidate that you feel is more qualified but don't like.

It's funny that, among other things, you talk about all the free publicity Hillary has received. Nobody, probably ever, has received as much free publicity as Trump did during the Republican election campaign. It was borderline illegal for him to be calling into radio and tv shows daily because candidates are supposed to be afforded equal time. Not sure how he got away with that.

Really interested to see how Iowa turns out in the election. Trump does much better here than you'd think for a state he lost to Cruz in the primary. Hillary lost to Obama in 2008, and while the state isn't super liberal, it has gone Dem more often than it hasn't lately. It's really a pretty unique state in electoral makeup.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 8, 2016 -> 05:26 PM)

What if I don't feel that way?

Edited by Steve9347